Speed restricted to 150km/h, EVEN ON THE UNRESTRICTED AUTOBAHN

sirkianjesse

Hi guys,

Alright, so I thought a while about this. I couldn't (I think cuz im a "new user") start a discussion about the rules themselves so I'm just writing this in the general discussion. So I wondered about the speed limit applying everywhere, like why does it have to exist on the unrestricted autobahn.. couldn't it like be unlimited speed there since its made for that. It's kinda pointless to have a speed restriction there?

In ETS2MP, both the trucks and car share the same speed limiter, I think it's a universal setting; this would mean that increasing it for the car would also increase it for the trucks. In real life, trucks do have a speed limit on the autobahn, which is 56mph (90km/h) and is universal across most of the EU. The fact that trucks can do 140km/h in ETS2MP is ludicrous in itself, but that's the way it is. I should also point out that none of the roads in ETS2 are suited for it as they're far too small and have a lot of unrealistically sharp bends and small junctions.

The speed restriction is used in a way that prevents (to an extent) accidents. Like many others have said Trucks can only do 90 km/h at max unless the companies order the speed limiter to be lower on their trucks. Cars flying by at high speeds (even IRL) is a danger to the trucks and the drivers of the cars, I already experience people going 150 past me when I'm going 90 sometimes I dont have the time to see them in the mirror before they are right next to me which can cause an accident (i try my best to avoid accidents). I think that if the speed limiter should be 110 km/h (both trucks and cars) I've said it before in some other posts that mention the speed limiter and I stand by my opinion on it because in theory It should make it safer overall on TMP and lower the accidents caused by high speeds (flipping/rolling, having to use both lanes to not flip and such).

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

46 minutes ago, Alyar27 [Ec] said:

Remember that it is a truck simulator, which would happen if on a highway where it is full with traffic and a user exceeds 180 km / h, the deaths will be great and you will go to jail, likewise here, you can cause a big collision and you can win a ban. the original transit laws prohibit 

The trucks do have to drive on the rightest lane possible in the real autobahn so it renders this comment useless. Its totally safe irl too 

17 minutes ago, NickThe0ne said:

The speed restriction is used in a way that prevents (to an extent) accidents. Like many others have said Trucks can only do 90 km/h at max unless the companies order the speed limiter to be lower on their trucks. Cars flying by at high speeds (even IRL) is a danger to the trucks and the drivers of the cars, I already experience people going 150 past me when I'm going 90 sometimes I dont have the time to see them in the mirror before they are right next to me which can cause an accident (i try my best to avoid accidents). I think that if the speed limiter should be 110 km/h (both trucks and cars) I've said it before in some other posts that mention the speed limiter and I stand by my opinion on it because in theory It should make it safer overall on TMP and lower the accidents caused by high speeds (flipping/rolling, having to use both lanes to not flip and such).

This might have some point to it, but it works on the real autobahn though it is up for everyone to decide the speed they are comfortable with. On the autobahn the trucks have to always stay in the righternmost lane.

50 minutes ago, Muzolf said:

Trucks also don't go over 90 so it should be restricted everywhere

Its for trucks, not for cars. Cars can go faster and take turns better at higher speeds

34 minutes ago, McclaudEagle said:

In ETS2MP, both the trucks and car share the same speed limiter, I think it's a universal setting; this would mean that increasing it for the car would also increase it for the trucks. In real life, trucks do have a speed limit on the autobahn, which is 56mph (90km/h) and is universal across most of the EU. The fact that trucks can do 140km/h in ETS2MP is ludicrous in itself, but that's the way it is. I should also point out that none of the roads in ETS2 are suited for it as they're far too small and have a lot of unrealistically sharp bends and small junctions.

So this is actually a good reply, since it actually is ludicrous for a truck to be able to go a 140kmh, though the trucks do have to stay in the righternmost lane possible on the autobahn, it works irl too. Cars can drive unrestricted and trucks have to stay right

3 minutes ago, sirkianjesse said:

The trucks do have to drive on the rightest lane possible in the real autobahn so it renders this comment useless. Its totally safe irl too 

This might have some point to it, but it works on the real autobahn though it is up for everyone to decide the speed they are comfortable with. On the autobahn the trucks have to always stay in the righternmost lane.

But the thing is that in TMP not everyone has good internet and if I'm not wrong increasing the speed only makes the ping lag and the fps lag (for people with low-end setups) worse which can then cause them to just stop (like the usual lag spikes). If there was no issue with connection and stuff it would probably be fine. But I also think it would be a lot of extra work for the devs to remove the speed limiter on cars and apply them to trucks.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

2 minutes ago, sirkianjesse said:

So this is actually a good reply, since it actually is ludicrous for a truck to be able to go a 140kmh, though the trucks do have to stay in the righternmost lane possible on the autobahn, it works irl too. Cars can drive unrestricted and trucks have to stay right

The issue with allowing cars at those speeds is that the car in ETS2MP does not actually handle like a real car does; this is because the car in ETS2MP is just a truck with a car skin. Unless the physics could be changed to make the car handle like a car, unrestricted speeds would turn it into an unguided missile in the hands of most players. A lot of crashes occur in the car because people jump into it thinking it will handle just like a car when infact it doesn't. Combine this with how much more compact the roads are in the game compared with real life, and it's a recipe for disaster. In real life, motorways and such have incredibly large, sweeping bends and lots of long straight sections; this is not accurately represented in ETS2 because of how compressed the map is.

• Web Developer

The speedlimiter was implemented to prevent accidents causing by high speed. We can't compare rules from Real Life to TruckersMP. 

In Real Life, when you cause an accident due to high speed, you'll be punished. Sometimes you will only have to pay a fee, however if abused, you can lose your driving license, sometimes without any chance of making a new one.

In TruckersMP, when you cause an accident, your only punishment is a ban. Mostly 3-5 days and that's it. You'll be only banned in the game, what doesn't blame you in real life.

Previously, we didn't have any speedlimiter and from my experience, there were more accidents due to high speed, than now. It's easier to brake from 150 km /h, than from 200+.

Hey, :)
there are several reasons why... some have listed them here.

if you want to drive on the highway and another driver will arrive with 200+, would you be able to see that driver, or can stop on time? :)

it is "more" safer to drive 150, i understand that some want to drive faster but it stays and is a truck simulator, which is that 150 more than enough is. :D

Best regards, 
-Hinter 

43 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I think cars should have just a slightly higher speed limit than trucks (maybe 160 km/h) so that way cars can overtake trucks going 150 instead of them just driving next to each other for long periods of time. Not really much to ask but probably won't happen.

I just think a 60mph limit for trucks and 70mph limit for cars would be perfect. I don't really see why anyone needs to be doing 90mph.

19 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

@McclaudEagle Maybe just on CD road but anywhere else it would really suck to be going that slow in areas with not many players.

Don't see why, it's not like 60-70mph is slow. If people have a desire to go fast, there are plenty of games like Forza Horizon that do it a lot better than ETS2.

From a perspective of Skoda-hater, I disagree to remove that speed restriction.

1. Trucks can't do much beyond 150km/h. The only group that can get benefits from the speed beyond 150km/h is Skoda.

2. Trucks are long, so they do less danger maneuvers to harm other players. But Skoda driver thinks they are rats and cockroaches. if there is a gap, they snip into that gap. And they think they are short enough so they don't need to leave space after overtaking. Half of the total accidents I got injured are Skodas. Apparently truckers are more than car driver in the server. So who drives Skoda? Bad guys.

3. The recommended speed of using Autobahn is 130km/h. It is less than 150km/h.

4. The maximum allowed speed in Europe with speed restrictions is 140km/h. Still less than 150km/h.

5. Any vehicles drive faster than 130km/h is dangerous which I can feel that because even with mouse steering, it is quite hard to keep in lane.

6. As above, most of you driving faster than 130km/h aren't staying in lane. I don't see the point that sticking to reality have any benefits from it while most of the players can't drive properly.

If you need to remove that speed restriction, make sure you do that on motorways with 3 lanes or more ONLY. But it will take more work for the developers.

Well those kids want to enjoy NFS can go to the motorway and leave 1x1 roads alone (hopefully).

But this is a truck simulator, you shouldn't blame even if the sped limit is set to 90km/h.

Cars are not default in game, the purpose of adding Skoda in game is for piloting. Not racing, you shouldn't even drive a Skoda if you are not playing the role as pilot car.

And as a pilot car, you must wait for the truck and truck can't drive faster than 90km/h IRL, so ... don't make me repeat that OK?

Most of your points were fair, however, I take issue with one thing you said.

43 minutes ago, Miyuki said:

Half of the total accidents I got injured are Skodas. Apparently truckers are more than car driver in the server. So who drives Skoda? Bad guys.

I drive the Scout in a sensible fashion; I'll do 70mph on motorways, 60mph on single carriageway roads, and 30mph in urban areas. I've lost count the amount of times I've been run off the road by truckers; I've lost count the amount of times I've been hit, by truckers. Point of fact, only today I was involved in a crash with a truck. I was on a roundabout, indicating my direction of travel when the trucker decided he wasn't going to wait, pulled out on me and the result is that I went into the side of him.

Despite all this, according to your above statement, I am a bad guy. That's nice to know.

I've lost count the number of times a trucker has run me off the road, both when I'm in my truck and when I'm in the car.

I've lost count the number of times a trucker has nearly hit me because he/she thinks their truck is just as quick as a car while overtaking like a lunatic.

You then go on to say this...

Cars are not default in game, the purpose of adding Skoda in game is for piloting. Not racing, you shouldn't even drive a Skoda if you are not playing the role as pilot car.

So now you're taking a jab at people who drive the Scout for the purpose of being a pilot? Afterall, your above statement clearly says that the only people who drive the Scout are, quote: "Bad guys."

Or perhaps you're also taking a jab at the admins and game moderators who also drive the Scout; clearly according to your above statement, they're bad guys too.

Would you perhaps like to reflect a little bit more on what you just said?

Wreckless driving and speeding is a universal characteristic of the EU2 driver, even moreso in C-D which just attracts those kind of drivers thanks to fools on the road videos online.

As to the limit: it's fine as is, even for Russia which I believe has shared car and truck limits like most of the USA.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

6 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

So now you're taking a jab at people who drive the Scout for the purpose of being a pilot? Afterall, your above statement clearly says that the only people who drive the Scout are, quote: "Bad guys."

Or perhaps you're also taking a jab at the admins and game moderators who also drive the Scout; clearly according to your above statement, they're bad guys too.

Would you perhaps like to reflect a little bit more on what you just said?

You are supposed to be a pilot car if you drive Skoda. Not free roam nor caravan. It is a "Truck" simulator not "Skoda" simulator. The reason they created this car is for convoy management. If you aren't doing pilot job you are supposed to drive a truck not a car. And it is a truck simulator and trucks don't go faster than 90km/h in normal. So I don't know why you guys blame that the speed limiter should be removed while a truck can't go any faster than 150km/h.

By the way It is not a default vehicle. From what I heard is, the physics in ETS2 is tuned for heavy vehicles. Something like Skoda maybe 3t in weight have bad physics and the developer has to modify its weight to about the same to trucks. So when they rammed us, we fly up to the sky. You can try to chat "No skoda drivers are normal drivers" someone will reply "true" to you (I've seen many many times). You can argue that we are "labeling" players. But unfortunately we have to. Considernig the Skoda-to-Truck ratio in-game, the percentage of accidents caused by a Skoda is very high.

Why they overtake me? Because I can't accelerate as fast as those maniac. They have no patience. I agree trucks cause accidents too but did you notice something? When something "rec" a trucker, they just call their ID. But when they "rec" a skoda, they probably just shout "skoda". Why? Because they are so (beep) fast that they can't see their ID! I feel worried and annoyed by those engine sounds when a Skoda is 10m behind me. When will they start overtaking? Will they leave me space? How can I protect my truck?

Even if an admin driving behind me with a Skoda, I feel worried and annoyed. And by the way, admin aren't required to drive a Skoda to kick or ban people. They drive a Skoda simply because they can use the siren.

2 hours ago, Miyuki said:

You are supposed to be a pilot car if you drive Skoda. Not free roam nor caravan. It is a "Truck" simulator not "Skoda" simulator. The reason they created this car is for convoy management. If you aren't doing pilot job you are supposed to drive a truck not a car. And it is a truck simulator and trucks don't go faster than 90km/h in normal. So I don't know why you guys blame that the speed limiter should be removed while a truck can't go any faster than 150km/h.

Firstly, where does it state anywhere in the rules that I must drive a truck if I'm not a pilot? If they didn't want us to use the Scout outside of piloting, the ETS2MP team would have made that quite clear; instead, they provided us with caravan delivery jobs, which quite clearly gives me the impression they're happy with us using it outside of piloting.

Secondly, I don't want the limiter removed, I would be quite happy with it being lowered for both the trucks and car. I don't see a reason why both need to be able to do more than 70 mph (112 km/h).

I know the Scout is not a "car"; it's a truck with a car skin on it which is why the physics for it don't feel right. This is precisely one of the reasons why I think the speed limiters for them should be reduced. Thing is though, I'd wager most crashes involving a Scout is not deliberate, but rather as a result of the player assuming it will handle like a car when it infact doesn't.

When I first drove the Scout, I had a pretty epic crash (not involving anyone else thankfully) because when I first got in it, I assumed it would handle exactly like a car would do. I then got a pretty nasty surprise when I found the steering was incredibly heavy and the brakes were nowhere near as strong as a real car's, and I ended up crashing into the corner of a road.

So please keep the above in mind; crashes in the Scout are not always people's fault, they're often genuine accidents caused because the "car" is a lot heavier than people realise when they first use it.

As for why they overtake you? Because trucks are slow, and most cars are not. I shouldn't need to tell you that this happens all the time in real life.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:41 PM, sirkianjesse said:

Its for trucks, not for cars. Cars can go faster and take turns better at higher speeds

Yeah, I was talking about trucks, not cars. I know how cars work and how physics work, thank you.

The speed limit for trucks in my opinion should be way under 150km/h

And cars should be removed anyways so I won't give much of an opinion about their speed limits

Archived