New gaming desktop

Hey guys!

I would like to build a new desktop for gaming, video editing and streaming. Total budget is around 2000€ (2 monitors included). This is my part list so far:

• Intel Core i7-8700K Boxed € 473,-

• Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WIFI € 159,-

• EVGA GTX 1070 Ti 8GB FTW2 Gaming iCX € 543,95

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass € 92,-

• Dual monitor setup € 330,-

• Cryorig R1 Universal € 70,39

• Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 € 138,95

• Asus DRW-24D5MT (retail) € 13,15

• Corsair RM650x (2018) € 95,90

• Samsung 860 EVO 500GB € 84,35

Total: € 2.000,69

Let me know what you think. Should I change some parts? Am I missing some crucial part for example or is it all fine? I'm in desperate need of some advice from PC experts.:lol:

Side note: I would like an Intel CPU and a Nvidia GPU and the part prices are based on my location (The Netherlands).

UsDxWIH.png

Hey

That's a very nice setup, but why did you choose 1070 Ti? Do you need specific the "Ti"? GTX 1080 is much much better. (I know it's more expensive.)

Check also this benchmark: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti/3603vs3943

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

40 minutes ago, PsychicznyMajster said:

Hey

That's a very nice setup, but why did you choose 1070 Ti? Do you need specific the "Ti"? GTX 1080 is much much better. (I know it's more expensive.)

Check also this benchmark: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti/3603vs3943

Thanks for your reply! I chose a GTX 1070 Ti because otherwise, I would have to spend an extra 220€ to be able to buy a GTX 1080 (770€ here). I'm not sure if that's worth it and I would go over my budget.:)

UsDxWIH.png

10 minutes ago, StickyEagle said:

Thanks for your reply! I chose a GTX 1070 Ti because otherwise, I would have to spend an extra 220€ to be able to buy a GTX 1080 (770€ here). I'm not sure if that's worth it and I would go over my budget.:)

Okay, so have fun with the new setup. Everything is fine.

Can you give us a model of the monitor(s?) It's not important but it's just good to know :ph34r:

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

To be honest, I don't think you need a 1070 TI, you can save yourself quite a bit of money getting a 6GB 1060. I have it, runs ETS2 at max smoothly, runs GTA V, Watchdogs 2 at full smoothly and it is a lot cheaper.

Here in the UK, a 1060 right now is only £220 (http://bit.do/1060-cheap)

Whereas a 1070 TI is £463 (http://bit.do/1070ti-expensive)

Note: Both are cheaper by about £100 right now

4 minutes ago, StickyEagle said:

@PsychicznyMajster That's good to hear, thanks! :) I'm not sure about the monitors yet, but I'll probably buy BenQ GW2780 or HP 27w monitors.

If You don't have a bigger budget; this will be a excellent choose. Good luck! :mlg_doge: I'm jealous on the new intel, i have the 7700k :RIP:

I don't understand why you are buying that WiFi card, it's also overpriced. If anything, you want a wired connection for gaming (if you're lucky to be next to the router). 

The i7 9700k is a few bucks cheaper than the 8700k, but also a bit faster

iJRv5hYeR9SITCAgMdkXbw.png

Or you should look for AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with more cores which would make video editing faster, because it has more cores than the Intels. Also it is a lot cheaper than the Intel models

nT3FQ7l5TlarUUuSC6tYiQ.png

On 10/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, StickyEagle said:

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB € 84,35

How are you going to pay 85 Euros for this SSD? I'm finding offers starting around 50 Euros

If you want a hiogh performance build, you should maybe consider getting an M.2/NVMe drive. They're more expensive than normal SATA (2.5/3.5 inch) SSDs, but a lot faster in response time and overall speed.

You should look for Z390 Motherboards since they do have integrated wifi out of the factory, so you would save 20€ on the WiFi Card (and they are backwards compatible to 8th gen Intel processors)

Think about using 3200 MHz RAM instead of your 3000 MHz. They are also a little bit more expensive, but if you use the money you would spend on your WiFi card (if you would go for intel with a Z390 motherboard)

g1Z78hJURkebLJiYr3x0Fg.png

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/C9mN9J

Faster RAM, faster SSD, WiFi already included in the mainboard, CPU with more cores which is better in video editing, also using a lot of stuff from your list

Win10 license is missing, but if you get an OEM license, you're gonna spend another 20€ only. Also build is under 2000€ (monitors included)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Archived