Hi all, Need some help with the game!

Hello everyone at the Truckersmp community. :D I am new to steam and the Euro truck simulator 2 game. I have managed to set up everything and have read the rules, :thisisfine: but wanted to know if you could kindly give me some recommendations to playing the simulator? 

I think this is in the correct place on the lovely forum of you'res.  

:P Thank you very much, guys!

Hello! First of all, welcome to the TruckersMP Community! Always nice to see new, interested people joining the community. :)

A couple of simple suggestions I would have would be to save up enough money in Single Player to buy yourself your own, decent truck. Quick jobs don't necessarily work within multiplayer, so having your own truck is essential.

Its best to be a defensive driver. I'm not necessarily saying you got to drive at a snail's pace all the time, but you should at least be anticipating the moves of everyone around you, such as potential for people to cut you off, making a random turn at an intersection while not properly giving way, running red lights, etc. If you anticipate what other drivers do around you, you'll have a better chance at keeping your truck, trailer and load relatively unharmed :P

One other suggestion would be to try, if you can, to avoid the busy areas at the start unless you are the real adventurous type. During peak-hours for TruckersMP, there are a couple areas that just become jammed packed with people. The main areas would be Calais, Duisburg and the 2-lane road that leads from Calais to Duisburg (the one that follows the Northern Coast of France). It is always densely populated during the peak-hours, and can lead to a lot of frustration if you are not prepared for what to expect. That said, if you are feeling gutsy, or do want to at least experience once,  go ahead and give it a try. But be prepared to add a good 20 extra minutes to your trip, at least.

Finally, always do your best to follow the rules. No one is perfect, and we understand, however doing your best to follow the rules and minimize issues to those around you will always be best for both you and other drivers of the road. :D

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

1 minute ago, Xiolin said:

Hello! First of all, welcome to the TruckersMP Community! Always nice to see new, interested people joining the community. :)

A couple of simple suggestions I would have would be to save up enough money in Single Player to buy yourself your own, decent truck. Quick jobs don't necessarily work within multiplayer, so having your own truck is essential.

Its best to be a defensive driver. I'm not necessarily saying you got to drive at a snail's pace all the time, but you should at least be anticipating the moves of everyone around you, such as potential for people to cut you off, making a random turn at an intersection while not properly giving way, running red lights, etc. If you anticipate what other drivers do around you, you'll have a better chance at keeping your truck, trailer and load relatively unharmed :P

One other suggestion would be to try, if you can, to avoid the busy areas at the start unless you are the real adventurous type. During peak-hours for TruckersMP, there are a couple areas that just become jammed packed with people. The main areas would be Calais, Duisburg and the 2-lane road that leads from Calais to Duisburg (the one that follows the Northern Coast of France). It is always densely populated during the peak-hours, and can lead to a lot of frustration if you are not prepared for what to expect. That said, if you are feeling gutsy, or do want to at least experience once,  go ahead and give it a try. But be prepared to add a good 20 extra minutes to your trip, at least.

Finally, always do your best to follow the rules. No one is perfect, and we understand, however doing your best to follow the rules and minimize issues to those around you will always be best for both you and other drivers of the road. :D

Hi thank you very much, and Ok I will dodge those places!!!! Yeah thank you for your time to write this. I started using your discord server to! :D

8 minutes ago, IamZERO said:

I dont really understand your question but i say i recommend you play fairly. Just follow driving rules and you will be just fine. Remember it is a simulator so try to stick to real rules of the road and lastly Welcome to the family 

Awh thank you! and yeah, my question is a tad off. 

This topic can be closed if you would like to close it. I have gave upvotes for your help! 

To add to this post i would kindly suggest drivers to try to use the A16, A25 A2 motorways to try and go around the densely populated route. It may seem to be a long way but since your on a motor way and there is no stopping you will be surprised you will take less time than going through the heavy traffic route. Otherwise Happy Trucking Everyone 

2 minutes ago, IamZERO said:

To add to this post i would kindly suggest drivers to try to use the A16, A25 A2 motorways to try and go around the densely populated route. It may seem to be a long way but since your on a motor way and there is no stopping you will be surprised you will take less time than going through the heavy traffic route. Otherwise Happy Trucking Everyone 

Ok, thank you. I have been told about the routes before but lovely ok. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived