convoy speeds

mrtuan72

I am new to multi-player.  I typically make solo heavy haul runs @ 50 mph.  I keep the trailer stability around 50%.

Other truckers pass me all the time which is fine and realistic.  My question is:

If I were to join a convoy, what type of speed should I be expected to maintain?

If it is the speed limits found on New Mexico and Arizona, then I would have to slide the trailer stability to 100% which takes out realism for me.

Should I try to convoy or just stick to my slow paced single runs?

Are you talking about convoy events ran by TruckersMP Staff? 

Because if so, usually there's just too many players in the convoys and it gets difficult to reach high speeds. But either way, you only going max 50 mph is fine. 

There are also temporary rules in these convoys, for example no overtaking. But of course there are always people breaking rules. Anyway, I think you'll be fine driving 50 mph. 

SHeDTix.png

if you can hold 55 mph, that is better good fuel mileage and  people wont be as annoyed with you. also a recommendation, if you are going 50 to 55 mph in areas such as Nevada, Arizona an d new mexico try and stay as far to the right as you can. it will give the people who are traveling at 65+ mph a bit more room to pass, even when on the freeways.

Thanks for the responses.  I will consider upping my speed slightly when the road is mostly straight.  I have never had an issue with annoying anyone.  Everyone I have encountered so far has been respectful when passing me.  And yes I stick to the far right when someone is passing me.  When I get bored with hauling heavies, I plan on buying a 2nd truck with matching trailer.  I will increase my speed accordingly.

Hello,
first of all welcome to the forums and truckersMP! :D

follow the speed limit of the drivers.
it can be fast and or slow, but I think 50 mph is sufficient.

as Glada_Laxen had said this convoy is slow because of the many players.
I would advise you to watch streams or youtube videos from these convoys to get more insight.

here are some more information...

if it concerns other convoys, the rules of speed limit will be decided by the owner.

Best regards
-Hinter

Hello,

You can ride in convoys, no thing. However, you should keep the speed of the people who caused it. Example: ick sag speed is 90Kmh. So you should not drive faster than 90Kmh.

Or, in cities with more than +25 players, you should pack the brakes / stability of the trailer uff maximum.

Lg, Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived