Hot topic #6: Automatic save editing detection

Prime

On 10/25/2018 at 11:41 PM, pietrekk. said:

Ehh tried to get soundmod working from /home/ but i got kicked for "improper trailer accessories" what a shame....

There is the suspicion that mods/save-editing with the /home/ causes game chrashes and freezes for the players around. That's why you'll now get kicked automatically.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

There is the suspicion that mods/save-editing with the /home/ causes game chrashes and freezes for the players around. That's why you'll now get kicked automatically.

But soundmods shouldn't cause crashes for other players. If /home/ mods are crashing then why steering wheel mods are possible to use? Such a bad move.

I used a xenon lights mod I had made myself. Had changed the angle, mask and intensity of the lights to something a bit more realistic and had changed the reflection distance of signs to something better. It was a local mod and other users could see me with normal headlights, sadly it gets me kicked from the game now. Even though, it affected nobody and it did comply with the save editing and local mods rules..

Now I only use a sticker mod for my windshield and some interior accessories from SiSL's Mega pack.

IMO, this new automatic save editing detection rule thing should be revisited and allow headlight modifications and interior sounds mods as they are something you can see/hear from your own game only. Others see normal headlights, and hear exterior sounds.

My truck:

Spoiler

3aHimwD.jpg

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

I didn't use eny mods when i'm playing multiplayer, because i can´t see eny reason to do that.

I hope there would become a autokick for people there use mods on the server, thats just becuse if another player didn´t have that mod it can do so the player can´t see the the other player have that modification.

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

The blocking of vehicle_sound_accesory, I feel it was unnecessary and we must fight to have it enabled again. I affirm and verify that if they put the definitions correctly the other users will be able to hear their sound by default. It is question that they are oriented of how to place it so that it works correctly.

Please take this into account, I know it was blocked but the other users did not have the knowledge of how to place it and when I started teaching them the correct way to hear the default sound, they block the line.ets2_20181014_205155_00.png

• Like 1