MAP ROAD QUALİTY

Hawkmusen

I sure didn't type in that language but either way....:lol:

And yes ProMods team works better than SCS, but that doesn't mean SCS cannot work like ProMods. You missed the point I was trying to make. If SCS starts making higher quality maps, then the game would lag in laptops of PCs with lower specs, which SCS doesn't want, so they try to keep a balance between the two.

I'll tell you why, as both a person who makes mods for games, and as a person who also worked as a volunteer game developer for a year.

SCS has two things to consider that the ProMods team doesn't; financial budget limitations, and time constraints. While the ProMods team is able to take their time developing high quality maps without any cost to themselves, SCS have to run a studio that has a lot of financial outlays, and this requires SCS to consider releasing maps sooner with a lower quality.

It's for this very reason that so many modders who go into game development end up leaving; they didn't get used to the idea of having to rush things due to time and money constraints.

^

ProMods are able to create better quality maps because they have no time or money limitations. They can take as long as they want on it because it won't dig into a financial budget that doesn't exist. SCS on the other hand do have those limits, which means they can't sit around and take as long as they want, which means the quality of maps they make won't be as good as ProMods.

Guest Bruce T.
7 hours ago, Numark said:

That's because ProMods maps are of higher quality and texture and more detailed.

Also SCS wants to target all kinds of gamers or pc build, right from high spec PCs to lower spec laptops, so the map quality won't be the same as ProMods.

You're totally right. The mods are made for the game not to get boring after a while playing. :)

The difference is that SCS is a company so they need to make money to keep working, and ProMods is just a team of people working for free.

The level of quality is pretty similar now, ProMods goes through things a bit quicker than SCS sometimes though, so while in ProMods there might be more content, there is no guaruntee of it being the best possible experience for every player possible (lag, file size, creation of assets).

But SCS is expanding, and theyre expanding quickly, so the quality should be expected to majorly increase very soon

Hello

In short, SCS is limited, the ProMods team has no money and time limit. ProMods is also a volunteer team.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

I've been think about this for a while as well. Why doesn't SCS get promods moved over to the main game and hire the devs from promods to work on the map with the scs team. I think that would improve the map quality overall. And there is not really a performance change when using promods

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Personally, I think that SCS have lower quality maps because of how they made it originally, to support a range of PCs, and since launch they have been more concerned about making the game bigger so it is more sustainable for the future. If the map didn’t have the expansions it has had then the players for the game would be half what it is now because of how boring the game would be. The ProMods team are able to leave part of the map which SCS has made and just tweak the areas into higher quality where it is needed which SCS have also began doing, for example revamping Italy, Germany and France. 

Basically, I think it’s been easier for ProMods because although they have added a lot to the map the core of it is what SCS has made and each time a new map DLC is released, ProMods job becomes easier. Personally, I think it would be easier for SCS to buy the ProMods map and release it gradually to keep people interested while they dedicate more work into ATS.

EN:

Essentially, SCS Software try to get more people and more profit on their game by making sure that pretty much everyone is able to buy, run and play it, which is what SCS wants, people to play their game, so ProMods is separate so those who have good specs and are able to run it, so they are able to install it.

TK:

Esas olarak, SCS Yazılımı, hemen hemen herkesin satın alabildiğini, çalıştırıp oynayabildiğini, SCS'nin ne istediğini, insanların kendi oyunlarını oynayabildiğini ve böylece ProMod'ların ayrı olduğundan emin olmak için oyunlarına daha fazla insan ve daha fazla kazanç sağlamaya çalışıyorlar. iyi özelliklere sahip olan ve bunları çalıştırabilenler, bu yüzden onu yükleyebilirler.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived