insurance

DJ_Rich_T

Yeah, this isn't really a thing. However, I see 2 reasons why someone would want this:
- Ingame money. Not all people play with "Unlimited money" accounts including myself, and when someone hits you in game you don't get money from your load due to damage costs.
- Virtual Trucking Company damage penalties. Some companies may not count loads over a certain amount of damage and this may be annoying if there is a minimum amount set in place.

(Some VTCs, including my own, have systems in place to stop people being penalised for damaged loads that were not their fault)

One way to overcome this, is simply to load the last auto save. Unfortunately, there isn't any other way to really do this a realistic or "correct" way. 

I like the idea of insurance; it's not right that a victim of someone's idiocy should have to pay to repair the damage. Personally, it doesn't affect me as I have so much money I could sustain head-on collisions for weeks, but for a new player, even just a couple of head-on collisions can wipe them out and force them to restart.

However, without a proper economy system where money can actually be transferred, I doubt this will ever happen.

At the moment, no there isn't any insurance in the game. ATS had some sort of system but I never understood how it worked. I think TruckersMP could implement some sort of virtual economy through reports, etc.

Although this is a good idea and it definitely would increase realism, relying on a computer to determine who was responsible for the crash is something I'm not too keen on. However, if this isn't too much of an issue, although I use an unlimited money account, I can understand why people who don't would love it and I think it is a good idea, maybe best asking SCS for it though. :P 

On 10/21/2018 at 5:06 PM, [RLC CCM] SMURFY said:

Although this is a good idea and it definitely would increase realism, relying on a computer to determine who was responsible for the crash is something I'm not too keen on. However, if this isn't too much of an issue, although I use an unlimited money account, I can understand why people who don't would love it and I think it is a good idea, maybe best asking SCS for it though. :P 

This would be the sticking point for me IMO. Can't see how the computer would be able to see who has caused the crash. Can see obvious crashes being given the other way because of AI

YouTube Channel  Twitter  Twitch

I do record for compilation videos so any clips you have, submit them to [email protected]

EuroTruck Simulator 2 - Funny & Idiotic Multiplayer Moments #3

I said the same ages ago about licence's, we should all have a licence and when you go through red lights or crash you get points on that licence. When you reach a certain number of points give out a ban and make it a much longer ban from the start. As for fines, I can see the issue of low fines in game not working because we earn millions due to the glitch, ok set the fine at say £500k in line with the hike of money earned.

There is so much they could do to make MP more enjoyable and a better experience, the trouble is they choose not to unfortunately. There is some great ideas out there though for sure but will never see the light of day.

10 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I said the same ages ago about licence's, we should all have a licence and when you go through red lights or crash you get points on that licence. When you reach a certain number of points give out a ban and make it a much longer ban from the start. As for fines, I can see the issue of low fines in game not working because we earn millions due to the glitch, ok set the fine at say £500k in line with the hike of money earned.

There is so much they could do to make MP more enjoyable and a better experience, the trouble is they choose not to unfortunately. There is some great ideas out there though for sure but will never see the light of day.

Would you have the points on a license for red light running and cashes automated or human?

YouTube Channel  Twitter  Twitch

I do record for compilation videos so any clips you have, submit them to [email protected]

EuroTruck Simulator 2 - Funny & Idiotic Multiplayer Moments #3

On 19.10.2018 at 20:47, DJ_Rich_T said:

Eğer birileri size isabet ederse, eğer birisinin size çarpması durumunda, bir kişinin size çarpması durumunda kazaya neden olacak olursa, eğer bir kişinin size çarpmasına neden olacaksa, o zaman biz de kendi sigortasına zarar vermemiz gerekir. para

Rational thought but the thing here is very difficult to implement <_<

On 10/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, Forfeit The Game said:

Would you have the points on a license for red light running and cashes automated or human?

Well that is up to them but if they wanted to please everyone they could have 1 server with all these rules and another server who just wants to play as it is and do what the hell they want. I wouldn't mind automated to some extent though.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this idea but I think TMP won't make it since we already have something like /fix command which I think needs to be improved because for example skoda cars are getting damage easier and they can't use this command for driving without cargo and same for trucks without cargos, that's a bit bad that /fix command is not fixing cargo too. I hope one day staff will remake fix command and It will work better :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @DJ_Rich_T,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived