Micro stutters every 10-15 seconds.

_benji

Question

Every 10-15 seconds ETS2MP (and ATSMP, altho I don't play ATSMP, just wanted to test) will stutter, note this does not happen in single player, only multiplayer. I have an open support ticket marked as critical but their suggestions have not resolved this for me yet.

My net speed is 76Mb down and about 30Mb up so I'm ruling out any internet issues since I connect to the Europe servers anyway and have played this game fine on much worse net.
My PC specs are more that enough: i7  4790k (Dark Rock Pro 3 Cooler) @Stock Speed, Windforce3 GTX 1080, 12GB of RAM @1600MHz, 1000W PSU, Windows 10 Home 64Bit. No way is it a hardware issue (as once again there is no stutters in SP) and I used to have a GTX 960 before and never had these stutters then. In task manager there is a very noticeable dip in my GPU usage, but this only happens on MP and not SP, heres a picture: https://gyazo.com/1b1e4520091d93e793c671129103fe36 The big dip at the end is from tabbing out to get a picture.

I could be in the middle of Norway with no one around me and still get these stutters.

Suggestions I've tried:

Full reinstall of both the game and the MP mod. Both installed on the same drive, tried both on a SSD and HDD, no difference.

Launching as Admin.

Disabled Development Logging, Driver animations, Discord Rich Presence, Cabin Accessories inside of the multiplayer mod settings.

Reinstalled GPU drivers.

Fired all ingame company drivers.

Disk cleanup.

Ingame Settings on the lowest.

Unplugged my G920 + Closed Logitech Gaming Software

Made an exception within Malwarebytes, AVG and Windows Defender.

Disabled NVidia Share.

iGPU is disabled (Monitor plugged into GPU ofcourse)

Probably more that I can't remember.

These stutters are extremely annoying and I want to be able to play multiplayer but simply can't because of the stuttering!

Again, this ONLY HAPPENS IN MULTIPLAYER and NOT IN SINGLEPLAYER!

If anyone has any suggestions or idea as to what the issue may be, please help me!

Hello,

Have you tried:

- Disabling development logging in the TMP overlay settings? (Restart the game after you hit Apply/OK)

- Disabling Game DVR?

- Checking task manager to see if there are any possible processes running that could impact performance? (I'd suggest checking the "details" tab as well as the "processes" tab)

- Spawning in an area where there are no nearby players? Ex. any city/town on the far east side of Going East (if you have this DLC.)

- Gone to TruckersMP's "Graphics" setting tab and unchecked the different checkboxes, and lowered the Draw Distance to the lowest? (Requires a game restart)

It's weird to me that you're having this issue because I have similar specs. Though I do get random stutters as well, but in my case, it's pretty much just when a couple (or more) players are loaded in at once.

I hope you get your issue solved!

Best Regards,

Axo

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

Hello @_benji,

Since it seems it only happens to you in MP I would recommend u to use a program that can monitor your CPU and GPU's temperatures.

MP can ask quite alot of your graphics card/cpu and it could be that one of the two is getting too hot and throttles back every so often, which could cause the stutters. 

If you go to this page: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

-(1) Download msi afterburner, you will be able to see your pc's temperatures with this program.

- (2) Start the game in MP, join the game, load in and let it settle in for like 10 minutes.

-(3) Alt-tab to your desktop and see in msi afterburner how hot your gpu/cpu gets

Can you provide a screenshot of the tempratures after that?
Hope this helps you! Let us now if this helps :)

Edited by Happy Trucking ETS2
Added a bit more

1 hour ago, Axorell said:

Hello,

Have you tried:

- Disabling development logging in the TMP overlay settings? (Restart the game after you hit Apply/OK)

- Disabling Game DVR?

- Checking task manager to see if there are any possible processes running that could impact performance? (I'd suggest checking the "details" tab as well as the "processes" tab)

- Spawning in an area where there are no nearby players? Ex. any city/town on the far east side of Going East (if you have this DLC.)

- Gone to TruckersMP's "Graphics" setting tab and unchecked the different checkboxes, and lowered the Draw Distance to the lowest? (Requires a game restart)

It's weird to me that you're having this issue because I have similar specs. Though I do get random stutters as well, but in my case, it's pretty much just when a couple (or more) players are loaded in at once.

I hope you get your issue solved!

Best Regards,

Axo

Tried all, no difference

1 hour ago, Happy Trucking ETS2 said:

Hello @_benji,

Since it seems it only happens to you in MP I would recommend u to use a program that can monitor your CPU and GPU's temperatures.

MP can ask quite alot of your graphics card/cpu and it could be that one of the two is getting too hot and throttles back every so often, which could cause the stutters. 

If you go to this page: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

-(1) Download msi afterburner, you will be able to see your pc's temperatures with this program.

- (2) Start the game in MP, join the game, load in and let it settle in for like 10 minutes.

-(3) Alt-tab to your desktop and see in msi afterburner how hot your gpu/cpu gets

Can you provide a screenshot of the tempratures after that?
Hope this helps you! Let us now if this helps :)

The mouse movement is to show when it stutters

10 hours ago, Lances said:

I have the same problem, but other specc´s ( i5 3570k, 970gtx, 16gb ram, win 10 pro). So i think its more a software then a hardware problem.

I think it might just be the mod itself, maybe they added something in an update which conflicts with certain PCs

Hopefully a dev will see this and comment

23 hours ago, _benji said:

Tried all, no difference

The mouse movement is to show when it stutters

Hey!

Considering the hardware monitor you have, I assume you have MSI Afterburner installed/running too.

Could you maybe let it running in the background and send screenshots of the graphs of CPU usage, GPU usage and the Disk usage in the Task-Manager?

~ MrJonton01

22 minutes ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

Hey!

Considering the hardware monitor you have, I assume you have MSI Afterburner installed/running too.

Could you maybe let it running in the background and send screenshots of the graphs of CPU usage, GPU usage and the Disk usage in the Task-Manager?

~ MrJonton01

image.png.8c06eab06d004007f6e1cac16ec3f7ee.png Dip at the end is from tabbing out, MSI Afterburner doesn't make any difference, it will happen even when MSIA is closed

Hello again,

Do you have any launch options set for ets? If you do, please try launching the truckersmp without these. If you dont, i want you to launch truckersmp after you put in "-64bit -rdevice dx9" without the quotationmarks into your launch options. This will force the game to run in 64-bit DirectX 9 mode.

To add a launch option, Rightclick ETS2 in the steam library > Properties > Set launch options.

This gotta be a small thing we’re overlooking, hmmm..

/ Axo

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

5 hours ago, Axorell said:

Hello again,

Do you have any launch options set for ets? If you do, please try launching the truckersmp without these. If you dont, i want you to launch truckersmp after you put in "-64bit -rdevice dx9" without the quotationmarks into your launch options. This will force the game to run in 64-bit DirectX 9 mode.

To add a launch option, Rightclick ETS2 in the steam library > Properties > Set launch options.

This gotta be a small thing we’re overlooking, hmmm..

/ Axo

Didn't work :(

I completely wiped my gpu drivers last night aswell and that didnt help either

Those freezes are really weird. If you already tried installing the game on both, SSD and HDD, then I'm really clueless.

Then it must be some sort of software causing this.

But before, if you have the game installed on the HDD right now, I would recommend you to defrag it, just to be sure.

If that doesn't try closing all background programs you have running (MSI Afterburner, Discord, Anti-Virus-Software, etc.), so that basically only ETS2 is running. Then check if there still are freezes.

~ MrJonton01

1 hour ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

Those freezes are really weird. If you already tried installing the game on both, SSD and HDD, then I'm really clueless.

Then it must be some sort of software causing this.

But before, if you have the game installed on the HDD right now, I would recommend you to defrag it, just to be sure.

If that doesn't try closing all background programs you have running (MSI Afterburner, Discord, Anti-Virus-Software, etc.), so that basically only ETS2 is running. Then check if there still are freezes.

~ MrJonton01

ive tried all that

i tried changing paging file and i thought it worked but after restarting the game it didnt, what i have discovered if i start the mod right as my pc logs in, it doesnt stutter. steam gives me a "are you sure you want to start this game with an external exe" warning aswell when normally it doesnt.

there are no stutters if i do this, but if i restart the game afterwards then the stutters are present.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ALLOCATE MEMORY DIRECTLY TO ETS2 / TruckersMP Launcher? Tried google but its useless

THE MP LAUNCHER LAUNCHES SINGLEPLAYER WHEN I DO THAT thats why there is no stutters

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA?

3 hours ago, King^ said:

Dear @_benji

I can see your problem has been resolved, can you confirm that ? 

Let us know, and mark the best answer ;)

Regards, 

no it hasnt, still get stutters in mp

image.png.413692757d473f8abfd3cb1e1b133429.png These are my regular background programs if it helps

You mentioned that you didn't have that issue when you still used your GTX 960.

Do you still have it or do you have access to any other GPU that you could put in temporarily?

Do you play any other games that are demanding on the GPU? Any issues?

My random guess is that certain, very specific GPU load conditions (not necessarily high load) might lead to random drops of your GPU clock frequency, voltage or similar and might cause your GPU to stall for a moment. Can you monitor your GPU with GPU-Z while playing ETS2MP for any anomalies (second monitor or window mode)?

Kind regards

Faern

TruckersMP Trial Support

12 hours ago, Faern said:

You mentioned that you didn't have that issue when you still used your GTX 960.

Do you still have it or do you have access to any other GPU that you could put in temporarily?

Do you play any other games that are demanding on the GPU? Any issues?

My random guess is that certain, very specific GPU load conditions (not necessarily high load) might lead to random drops of your GPU clock frequency, voltage or similar and might cause your GPU to stall for a moment. Can you monitor your GPU with GPU-Z while playing ETS2MP for any anomalies (second monitor or window mode)?

Kind regards

Faern

TruckersMP Trial Support

I sold it to my mate,  i could try get him to lend me it but i doubt it

I play loads of other games on high-ultra with no issues, triple a titles such as battlefield, far cry, forza, etc

Like ive said before, this only happens on multi player and not singleplayer, i dont know why my gpu would stop since mp is more demanding

Edited by _benji
put words the right way round

8 hours ago, _benji said:

Like ive said before, this only happens on single player and not multiplayer, i dont know why my gpu would stop since mp is more demanding

Before, you said it is the other way around!?

Another piece of information I got from your video is that your audio does not drop out while your GPU does. I'm not sure if that is relevant, though.

13 minutes ago, Faern said:

Before, you said it is the other way around!?

Another piece of information I got from your video is that your audio does not drop out while your GPU does. I'm not sure if that is relevant, though.

Said it wrong oof

I only get stutters on multiplayer and not singleplayer

Hello,

We talked again together from your ticket.

I checked your GPU-Z and i didn't noticed any abnormal gpu usage. I saw you are running on the background Malwarebytes along with AVG at the same time. Could you turn off Malwarebytes just for testing?

Also something that i haven't asked you. Have you done any tweaks into Nvidia panel or with Nvidia Profile Inspector?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M