Error opening Truckers MP

General18

Question

Hello TMP forum

Yesterday when I tried to open the TMP launcher, I got this error:

https://gyazo.com/7a7d866e8400b6cddee76a750006d8d5

After a long time and with people trying to help on discord. I tried re-installing Windows 10. I still got the exact same error :(
Any of you that know how to fix this? Thx in advance

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

11 answers to this question

Hi @General18 [Ryzen]

Have you tried following steps to fix your issue:

1. Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework

2. Clean your temp files with CCleaner

3. Check your temp files path and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

4. If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path.

Please let me know if this solution helped you fixing your issue :) looking forward for your answer

Hello @General18 [Ryzen],

Can you try the following steps:

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  5. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
  6. Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Please let us know if this has helped or if you need any more assistance 

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

26 minutes ago, Caitlin. said:

Installation wil not happen. .NET Framework 4.7.2 or a newer version is already installed on this computer

29 minutes ago, Caitlin. said:

Done

29 minutes ago, Caitlin. said:

3. Check your temp files path and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

It weren't there, so I created the temp folder

35 minutes ago, Caitlin. said:

then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path.

Where do I do that?

19 minutes ago, Ali. said:

Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

I don't have that folder :/

21 minutes ago, Ali. said:

Can you try the following steps:

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  5. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
  6. Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Please let us know if this has helped or if you need any more assistance 

Didn't work :/

General18

TruckersMP

10 minutes ago, SkortiL [TR] said:

Hi @General18 [Ryzen]. Please read this topic. :)

When I do this:

Solution: 

Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework

Clean your temp files with CCleaner

Check your temp files path and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path.

jpTRv9kfSBGcRFl_-QBHGQ.png

The "Current location" resets after it logs me out, and I re-log. So "Current location" remains empty :/
How do I fix that?

General18

TruckersMP

Uuhm, I think I've found something. 
A couple days ago I unplugged a HDD (Because I didn't want the slow WD Green HDD anymore, and because I didn't really use it) So it seems like Windows had put alot of files/folders on that drive. And that do my "regedit" still remember, and it still thinks the harddrive is there, so ALOT of things in the registry is still pointing at the F drive. And one of them says: "Cache: F\User\me\Temporary Internet Files" Could that be the one we're trying to change?

General18

TruckersMP

uuhm, so every single one of the F drive Data in the "User Shell Folders" deep in the Regedit did I create folders for, on the C drive, in the same locations (Just C drive instead of F drive). Now the launcher opens :) 

I found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/ie8-keeps-changing-location-for-temporary-internet/aa2bb237-1962-4f32-89dc-3a5465a54e97 and in one of the comments I found this:

In any case, the suggestion I have is to monitor this key in the registry: :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

If you start your computer one day and the TIF has magically relocated, check out the key above.  You will also be able to modify the data for the key by inputting the location where the TIF is supposed to be.

Sorry about the "problem" when I actually made it myself :S (I just kinda expected Windows to fix it on its own, when re-installing Windows. But it didn't, so I actually thought there were a serious problem :/ )

Thanks for trying to help. Without this:

1 hour ago, Caitlin. said:

Hi @General18 [Ryzen]

Have you tried following steps to fix your issue:

4. If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path.

Please let me know if this solution helped you fixing your issue :) looking forward for your answer

I probably woudn't have found the problem(s). I will now try and let windows do a repair, and see if it finds more faults in the registry:)

Thanks alot for the quick answers :) Keep on trucking. See you on the road :)

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

Are you satisfied with the anwers given here to your problem and has it been resolved?

We await you reply :) 

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

Hello @Ali.

I am very satisfied. Without them, I wouldn't have found the real problem (Me. I made mistakes when preparing to remove a HDD. So Windows still had files it needed on the HDD :S)

It all seems fixed now. (I will run a Windows repair anyway, just to be 100% sure) :)

As you can see here, TMP launcher is working again :) https://gyazo.com/5dd71b17ef33e406774dd815af9e80c6

-General18

General18

TruckersMP

dav again @General18 [Ryzen] im super happy that you found out what caused your issue and got it fixed, i will now move this topic to solved since you got the issue fixed and don´t require more help with this issue.

if you still have questions then you can pm me on discord or make a new topic or create a ticket.

//locked and moved to solved

• Thanks 1