Restriction of Local save editing

Kap.

7 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:

The server will most likely kick you for that automatically @Falco [ITA]

You should not, since this plugin is stored in the 'plugin' folder and the game is not found.

Even so, please reconsider the way in which the sound is edited and, if necessary, teach the others so they know how to configure it so that others can hear the original sound.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gerardo507 said:

Or that for one, they pay all? I trying to put my nice truck with a couple of antennas and this way to encourage to play me though nobody mas sees it and even this way they restrict it? If they continue for the same way they will do the Multiplayer more SHIT, sufficient in spite of limiting the speed of the vehicles (that was a STUPIDITY on behalf of you damaging the original game) and to remove " not damage " (that is accepted a bit for being illegal). A PLAYER LESS, a bad reputation is gained, we were waiting more than one free multiplayer that now you who have the power want to restrict and to fuck everything.

Woah...easy there boy... I understand your frustration, but read again and check the reasons for doing this changes. When you decide to play in a Multiplayer non offical server, that also is in Alpha stage, you MUST prepare for changes and for many unwanted ones. So take a deep breath, understand that this is not something made to just f**k players and deal with it, or go back to Singleplayer. Limit and damage changes was for many players something good too, please, just go to youtube and look any blooper/crash video of ETS2, players with cars were trolling other players AF, and ramming everyone. It sucks for decent players? Yes..it does, but as a decent player we also know how this game and community works, and we know that some changes, even unliked ones, are made thinking in the general enjoy of the community.

50 minutes ago, RacerRyder said:

I also edited my truck with xenon lights and some other local mods. Nobody else can see that, so why should that be a problem for other players?

@TMP-Team: Please think about it again, whether this is really necessary. In my mind it definetely isn´t. I got used to have these mods and now the game experience is a lot worse without local mods in my opinion.

Are you sure it would kick you?

3 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:

Dear truckers,

[...] however, smaller local modifications are still permitted. Local save editing that is not permitted will result in a kick from the server upon joining automatically.

In a more detailed description, custom mod parts which affect the physics of the vehicle, or the sound of the vehicle, will result in a kick. Custom "addon" parts such as steering wheels, light bars and similar are still permitted. [...]

3 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:
  • Being able to increase the horsepower of an engine potentially up to 1000hp.

sounds like the best thing smh

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

12 minutes ago, Latin-Foxy [Furry-ARG] said:

Are you sure it would kick you?

Unfortunately yes, tried it many times. As soon as you have one modification with "/home/" you get kicked immediately. (the strange thing about it: It says "detected trailer modification" although it belongs to my truck :troll:)

Jage nicht, was du nicht töten kannst!

1 minute ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Really, well it really has gone to hell if thats not allowed anymore....that sound plugin is literally as old as ets2! Talk about throwing the toys out the pram

It works for me, even the Vabis steering wheel modification works. What's wrong with using these "mods" anyway? Other players/admins can't tell the difference if you're using it or not so I think those should be allowed.

• Upvote 2

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

this is bullshit,system kicks me everytime i try join,i was use xenon and sound mod.

what's next? Will everyone travel around like a AI by taking the same truck?

I want to be different 

this mp mod have already more seriuos problems (NO/LAG/FPS FİLTER/NCZ..)but they struggle players in-game experince

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Falco [ITA] said:

It works for me, even the Vabis steering wheel modification works. What's wrong with using these "mods" anyway? Other players/admins can't tell the difference if you're using it or not so I think those should be allowed.

because people had to go & ruin it with truck mods like the rjl scania & trailers & engine mods so they banned the lot! even the bloody sound plugin thats been around forever is blocked, complete joke & insult to the community 

1 hour ago, Latin-Foxy [Furry-ARG] said:

Woah...easy there boy... I understand your frustration, but read again and check the reasons for doing this changes. When you decide to play in a Multiplayer non offical server, that also is in Alpha stage, you MUST prepare for changes and for many unwanted ones. So take a deep breath, understand that this is not something made to just f**k players and deal with it, or go back to Singleplayer. Limit and damage changes was for many players something good too, please, just go to youtube and look any blooper/crash video of ETS2, players with cars were trolling other players AF, and ramming everyone. It sucks for decent players? Yes..it does, but as a decent player we also know how this game and community works, and we know that some changes, even unliked ones, are made thinking in the general enjoy of the community.

I do not find any motive of removing "local_mod" of the multiplayer being this of the same game, like the speed of 180. And if they are in phase ALPHA as well as you say, since they must be of the side of the player, and not of the side of an administrator who alone for a motive wants to remove EVERYTHING original of the game. And if it is a phase ALPHA they must arrange the internal of the way MP and not touch the playability that comes for FAULT inside the game.

pretty much guessed the why last night on discord

image.png.827917af7d8c8da57dc6410eb4200190.png

Sure, no more sound mods can be annoying, but I'm guessing it caused more trouble than it was worth for an already stretched thin staff team.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Of course I agree with banning overpowered engines and mods that crash other people's games..

But why banning custom colored headlight output?

I made myself some nice xenon lights to use while driving ingame and now I'm getting kicked for invalid trailer accessories. It didn't affect the gameplay of anyone and there were no duplicate accessories involved, it literally affected nobody and other users ingame could see me with normal lights.

This new restriction has to be revisited and it's not only because of the lights mod, ScaniaFan89 has got a point with interior sounds and the sound plugin that's been around forever too..

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

I've used the very old sound plugin for ages and it never caused any problems as far as I know.

As for the save edited home sound mods, I've never tried those, but you have to understand that it's local and the other players will not hear any sounds. In fact, I've had my settings to only hear the horn of other players for a long time, and it never altered my game experience.

As for the crash issues, I have absolutely no idea if it does really cause it. It's the same with metallic paints on trailers but that's another story. Although, I've seen a few times where people's save editing has gone wrong. And in some rare occasions, I strongly suspected that it was the cause of the game crash.

KkdaC1b.png

My Opinion about this new Update is, if they want to stop abusing the Peoples with the 1000 hp Engines or similar

then remove all "mods" because the Standard Game don´t have some Custom Wheels.

So disallow everything or nothing that´s it what i think, because to allow few Weeks / Days to use the Painted Interior

many Users give Time to make them on they own and now you get kicked for that?

So -> disallow everything + save Editing or nothing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1