Fix for trailer stability ?

KrhtikosV8

After 1.32 update the trailer physics change. All trailer is now unstable and in sometimes the game is unplayable. So I tried to do something to fix it. After a test week I think I found the solution and that is the console command g_trailer_stability 1. I see change in my trailer stability, but is not perfect. Before that i try a few things like to make new profile or to change the stability from the settings. I would not normally have to see a difference because the command and the game adjustment do exactly the same thing. Is the change placebo effect ?

If you try give me some feedback !

PS Type that command every time you take cargo or travel with train/ferry.

Hmmm, I suggest you change the trailer stability from the gameplay tag in options. Changing it with the console is against the rules...

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

Lately I noticed several players lying on the ground, :lol:. At one time or another i also tombei without wanting the truck. This command can be useful in the singleplayer. But there is a trailer that I tested it and it worked very well and have not had this experience of high stability. I suggest you pick up and test the trailer (Sider - curtain).He has good stability. :truestory:

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

28 minutes ago, TeamDeer said:

Hmmm, I suggest you change the trailer stability from the gameplay tag in options. Changing it with the console is against the rules...

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

If i use game commands to make changes on my setting is abuse ? I dont use my console if i drive. First i stop and then i make the changes. i don't understand what is wrong with the tags. Can you explain what is wrong ? 

1 hour ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

After 1.32 update the trailer physics change. All trailer is now unstable and in sometimes the game is unplayable. So I tried to do something to fix it. After a test week I think I found the solution and that is the console command g_trailer_stability 1. I see change in my trailer stability, but is not perfect. Before that i try a few things like to make new profile or to change the stability from the settings. I would not normally have to see a difference because the command and the game adjustment do exactly the same thing. Is the change placebo effect ?

If you try give me some feedback !

PS Type that command every time you take cargo or travel with train/ferry.

I've played with both the lowest and highest setting for trailer stability since 1.32 patch. It works, if you drive the appropriate speeds in corners and hills. I think this rule is great, because this forces people to drive more carefully and not so recklessly fast. People just got to remember that this is a simulator game and truckersmp is simply a mod that allows people to drive together. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is not a racing game with trucks, it's a game for as realistic driving as they can provide. 

I'd suggest that they allow console commands like g_trailer_stability in Europe #4. But otherwise I think this is a great rule as it directly supports people who want to play the game like it was meant to. 

SHeDTix.png

2 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

I've played with both the lowest and highest setting for trailer stability since 1.32 patch. It works, if you drive the appropriate speeds in corners and hills. I think this rule is great, because this forces people to drive more carefully and not so recklessly fast. People just got to remember that this is a simulator game and truckersmp is simply a mod that allows people to drive together. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is not a racing game with trucks, it's a game for as realistic driving as they can provide. 

I'd suggest that they allow console commands like g_trailer_stability in Europe #4. But otherwise I think this is a great rule as it directly supports people who want to play the game like it was meant to. 

I agree with you the game is a simulator game but I flip with 25 km in 90 degrees corner that isn't simulation. I thing SCS he made a mistake in this. I made this suggestion to make a solution because all time i see crashes in the middle of the road. Some player use that weakness to do crazy things.

2 minutes ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

I agree with you the game is a simulator game but I flip with 25 km in 90 degrees corner that isn't simulation. I thing SCS he made a mistake in this. I made this suggestion to make a solution because all time i see crashes in the middle of the road. Some player use that weakness to do crazy things.

WTF 25km/h in 90° and you end up on side? How is it possible? That's some bs right there. I have stability at maximum in game settings and if I'm not driving like an idiot I don't have any problems. 50+km/h would be more believable but that's normal thing to turn around with that speed in 90° turn. Maybe try turning steering wheel slower.

I have realised some Trailer stability decrease, with heavy deliveries (over 22 tons)  but not to this [25km/h 90 degrees] level,

Wondering, by any chance you can make another incident and record a video for us this time?

Thanks and Regards,

Fat Trucker Edd

15 minutes ago, Johnyshs said:

WTF 25km/h in 90° and you end up on side? How is it possible? That's some bs right there. I have stability at maximum in game settings and if I'm not driving like an idiot I don't have any problems. 50+km/h would be more believable but that's normal thing to turn around with that speed in 90° turn. Maybe try turning steering wheel slower.

I can't find the video with that stupid flip. But i had the krone flatbed trailer with square tubing 24 tones. As much more weight you get is easier to flip with low speed. 

8 minutes ago, Fat Trucker Edd said:

I have realised some Trailer stability decrease, with heavy deliveries (over 22 tons)  but not to this [25km/h 90 degrees] level,

Wondering, by any chance you can make another incident and record a video for us this time?

The next time I save this stupid flip to the record. I play a lot, it will surely happen to me again.

15 minutes ago, Johnyshs said:

I think there are sadly 50% of players who are not realising this.

The problem is not the player if is racers or simulator drivers. It's a game  anyone play any they want to play. That stability they don't have any of no relation to reality its too high and middle for normal cargos and that stability have only the refrigerators with meat hung on a hook from the ceiling of trailer. Is that simulation for you ?

10 minutes ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

The problem is not the player if is racers or simulator drivers. It's a game  anyone play any they want to play. That stability they don't have any of no relation to reality its too high and middle for normal cargos and that stability have only the refrigerators with meat hung on a hook from the ceiling of trailer. Is that simulation for you ?

I'm driving like normal truck driver and I have no problem with some stability so yes. This game is simulation for me. If you drive like you are supposed to then you should have no problems.

3 minutes ago, Johnyshs said:

I'm driving like normal truck driver and I have no problem with some stability so yes. This game is simulation for me. If you drive like you are supposed to then you should have no problems.

I have steering wheel , good pc and internet connection for me the game is easy but not for all other player.

Changing from console the trailer stability is allowed. The max value that the server enforces is between  0.0-1.5.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

3 hours ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

25km/h in a 90º turn is still too fast in some cases, especially if you have a trailer with heavy cargo. You should be going around at max 15-20km/h. 

But since we're talking about the console command about trailer stability, you don't need it. If you use the regular settings for trailer stability you can go quite fast in most curves. There is no need for the g_trailer_stability console command if you're going to drive properly. 

SHeDTix.png

Before the update, max stability without "messing" was 1.0. After 1.32, it is 0.5

Lots of people used to set it at max (1.0) so they could turn at 100+ Km/h without problems and found that after the update they couldn't anymore. Of course, lots of complaints about "bad physics" or even about "bugged physics". Anything other than recognizing their own lack of skills when driving.

And now, I read that the stability can be changed up to 1.5. 50% higher than the previous maximum and 300% higher than the current one? Well... Contratz to all NFS fans, you can have your "trailer on rails" again.

I'll keep with my 0.33 stability, taking 90º turns with a loaded trailer at 80 Km/h seems absurd to me.

@TeamDeer I get that. Just saying that IMO, the max allowed should be the 0.5 that SCS implemented, not some arbitrary 1.5 that will only benefit the speed-fans so they can keep doing their stuff without flipping over, instead of making them be more careful.

Question: Has a way for the server to know if someone changed the stability to something higher than 1.5 been implemented to perform an auto-kick? Or is it just that whatever values over 1.5 will be ignored and overridden by a server-side 1.5 maximum? (just curiosity, if it's something that can't be disclosed to the public, it's OK to not say).

I love it when people complain that they can no longer race around 90 degree corners at 60 mph with a loaded trailer. ETS and ATS are not racing games. the stability settings that SCS put in to their game  is what they feel is normal for trucks and trailers. complaining you cant race with your trailers is pointess. if your truck and trailer is flipping over at less then 15 mph, means you have something seriously wrong with your game files. I can take most 90 degree corners, with the top heavy ETs trucks at 25 mph, which is 10 moh faster then you can., and I don't tip over.

Guys we losing the meaning of this post. I did this post to look if that works in mp or not and if is illegal to use. But you are staying in my crash. Stop criticize the other players gameplay style if this does not create you a problem.I have played all that game series for ets 1 until now. I know how to play that game. Because that didn't happen in you does not mean it can not be able to happen. If this does not affect you just do not worry about it. Leave it to those who care, to deal with it. If you want to open a discussion with subject what is simulator and what is not, that is something else.

Archived