Speed Limiter

Jakeyyy

Considering there have been an almost unending number of threads about getting rid of the speed limit, I can safely say no, you're not the only one to have thought about it.

Why get rid of it though? The speed limit in ETS2MP is more than fast enough so I don't understand why you'd feel a need to get rid of it. Removing the speed limit would only increase the number of preventable collisions.

1 hour ago, Jakefrj1 said:

Hey im wondering if im the only one that thinks the speed limiters are kinda overrated due to trolls will be trolls wether its 50MPH or 150MPH   Anyone else think this should be gone?

~Jakeyyy

I think that the speed limiter should be on 110 KM/H to be honest, I dont think you need to go faster in this game.

And yeah trolls will be trolls no matter what but then again we do have our Game Moderators for that :D 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

@Nizam Logistics DarkAngeL How often do you use EU#1 server? If you think that 150 Km/h is OK, my guess is that you never have. If you had, you'd know that the speed limit is not 90 Km/h but 110 Km/h. And that trolls have no business there, with that speed limit, no cars and almost no other players to troll.

There's no need to make up excuses if you like to drive fast. That's why other servers exist. I can say that EU#2 is trolls, kids and reckless drivers paradise. Because it's the truth. EU#1 is called "Simulation server" for a reason, people who want to race, troll, drive cars, they would never use EU#1. And that's the main reason why I use it.

About the topic, TBH I don't give a frell if they remove the speed limit in EU#2 or any other servers as long as they keep EU#1 as it is right now. Supposedly, it's already in plans to remove it from EU#4 server. I'd like to see this happen, and see also how many speed-fans would leave the 4200 slots EU#2 in favor of a non-speed-limited, non-collisions, 2500 slots EU#4 server.

Hello There!

150 km / h in my opinion is good. No need to reduce. There is no rule that you should go fast. You can go there if you want to have speed limited eu1 server. I am satisfied with 150 km / h, trolls are always troll. Reducing speed does not prevent them.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Hello Dear @Jakefrj1

I'd like to comment on this. First of all, this is a simulation game. The  goal is to give to closest experience to reality. Let's come to our subject now; speed limit. 1-Why is the speed limit? 2-What does the speed limit? 3-What should be the most appropriate speed limit? Let's answer these questions. Speed limit anywhere! In the real world , in the game. The speed limit is to regulate traffic and prevent accidents. Have you seen a trcuk that exceeds the speed limit in the real word? You have to follow if there's rules. Otherwise, you will cause an accident and you will be sanctioned. If you ask my opinion, the speed limit is 150km/h, a high speed. The maximum speed limit must be 110km/h or 120km/h. Players who follow the rules often go with 90km/h or 100km/h. Therefore, if you want to overtake, the speed limit recommendation I give you will be appropriate. A lot of players do not have good driving skills. High speed trolls can cause too much damage. Due to these reasons, speed limit is mandatory.

Best&Kind Regards

DarkOwl

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

I’ve seen many real life trucks doing more than 90 in open highways they tend to go with 100-110 kmh range... if there’s gonna be a speed limiter it should be 130 km/h  which is not far from 150 but it wont gonna change anything people will still try to go with that limit. Change it or not everything is gonna be same :)

Tastes like RoadKill

@Sokarca73 I guess that it depends on each country. In Spain, doing 110 Km/h in a truck can make the driver to lose his/her license, so 99% percent of them will obbey the speed limits. I also guess that these differences among RL driving habits reflect in the game somehow and that's why many players from certain countries tend to drive faster than others. Myself, I follow the speed limits, both in real life and in the game, that's why I don't care if the server's limit is 90, 110, 150 or 300 Km/h, I'll never go faster than 90 Km/h.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, McclaudEagle said:

Considering there have been an almost unending number of threads about getting rid of the speed limit, I can safely say no, you're not the only one to have thought about it.

Why get rid of it though? The speed limit in ETS2MP is more than fast enough so I don't understand why you'd feel a need to get rid of it. Removing the speed limit would only increase the number of preventable collisions.

And getting rid of it would do almost nothing since most trucks drive like F1 drivers anyway.

"I swear, these people drive as if they're in the Indy 500 and that on happenstance; got their driving licenses out of a Cracker Jack box. What speeding and reckless children."

I think the speed limiter should depend on the trailer/player. For example, if the trailer says that you should only be going 80kph, then the truck should be limited to go at max 80kph. If the container does not have a speed limit applied to it, it should depend on the players level of skill. For example, if its a troll, the speed limiter should keep said troll at the speed limit, or just under it. For a player who is good at driving, the limit should be higher than the speed limit, or not on at all depending on the level of skill of the player. This way it would be more awarding not to crash, or troll people, as your truck will only get slower, but this is just my opinion! :P 

spacer.png

Lower to 130km/h is fine for me. At least I found 4 benefits:

1. Regardless the driver habit, the performance of a truck can go 130km/h (some trucks can't drive faster than 130km/h)

2. 130km/h is pretty much the maximum speed for people to drive. The sweet spot for me is around 115km/h to 130km/h.

3. Skoda can easily flip when they drive faster than 120km/h (separate Truck speed limiter and Skoda speed limiter, and set Skoda to 120 and leave Truck to 130)

4. Basically a truck with 580hp or above can easily accelerate to 130km/h but struggling from 130 to 150, those overtakers will lose their advantage to overtake → Less accidents

Some might mentioned before: No matter how low the speed limiter is, they will still overtake.

Then what if we lowered their advantages? Me driving at 125km/h. You driving at 130km/h. Still overtake?

5km/h difference means 1.4m/s. My truck has over 20m long, you need almost a minute to overtake me. Stay behind and behave yourself.

23 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@ToxicFumes

who or what will determine a players skill level, their ban records? a persons RL drivers license? the speed limit can stay. TMP isn't removing it from any server other then possibly EU4.

The player skill level would be determined on bans/reports; they could also implement a scoring system, that works in the sense of, if you crash, you lose one point, so for example, you have 10 points, if you lose one your speed limit goes down by one, each time. So for example, if you lose 5 points, you can only go half the speed within reason of the highway, the within reason part is you would not be slowed to the point of going 20 on the road, you would be slowed down to a sensible speed. You would earn the points back by merely driving good, delivering cargo with no damage, or little damage. Another way they could do this is a reputation system in the game, so if you ram someone, they give you a negative reputation that will affect how fast you can go. They could stop people spamming negative reputation by limiting a person to one negative rep per person, so one person can only give another one negative rep every few hours, that way its fair and cannot be negative rep spammed. Also, I never said anything about removing the speed limit, only altering it. :S 

spacer.png

Hey @Jakefrj1!
As quite a few guys commented previously, I´d like to say the same as them. In my opinion, the speed limit of 150 km/h is a little silly. I always drive maximum 90 km/h and I think thats great. Driving in 90 km/h you will get to your destination in time, at the same time it gives you the chance to react and possible stop for an alternative crash (etc.) ahead of you, keeping your precious cargo safe. This is a simulation game, which means your goal playing this game should be getting as close to reality as possible. Now lets talk about the trolls, reckless drivers and the young players of this game.. Driving in 90 km/h should be plenty of speed for the new and younger players of this game, since their driving skills are often pretty low, nor do they know the traffic rules as well as the more experienced players of this game. Allowing players to drive faster than 110 km/h will open for trolls to do bigger damage, it will allow people to do pointless races which always ends in a crash. I think removing the speed limit of 150 km/h is even more irresponsible, and it would ruin the game experience for a lot more players. Driving at 150 km/h you will tip over your truck in a lot of turns on the highway across the map, imagine if players could drive in 200 km/h or more, there would be tipped over trucks all over the map.

SIncerely, Marius

Sincerely,
Marius, Founder of Quality Express

7 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@ToxicFumes

who or what will determine a players skill level, their ban records? a persons RL drivers license? the speed limit can stay. TMP isn't removing it from any server other then possibly EU4.

Woah!!! Watch out everyone. We got a bad ass over here. In what priority is it of yours to determine what the TMP staff does or doesnt do? 

If you remember a few years ago. When TMP first brought forth the skoda. It could go 260 easily. Then they chopped it down to anyone could go 170. Now its chopped down to 150 server max. So keep thinking they won't do it. I am one of the members who's been here since launch. Until you actually have witnessed and seen what has been done.. then you can make allegations and statements. 

@RainbowBlazie [Canadian]

I will point out  this part of the post  

The speed limiters will remain active for an unknown period and are not intended to be temporary.

so it isn't me that determind that, it was TMP themselves.

it was also suggested that the speed limiter be removed from EU$ and was accepted. again this was from TMP.

as far as what happened a few years ago is not something I would know seeing as how I didn't start playing mp until as eaerly as the middle of last year. any of the changes made between launch and when I joined would be standard rules or believed to be what is expected from all players.

calling me a bad ass for pointing out something said by staff which can be found here on the forums by everyone is uncalled for..

as for it only being able to go 93 mph in ETS is fine. I personally argue against making it slower then trucks. I do support TMP removing the speed limiter from EU4 due to the fact it is a NCZ server, so people driving there can only wreck their own car/truck.

Archived