Who wants vans?

WallyTheDuck

@[ST-I] Flying Cat I can't say for sure, but I'm afraid that SCS would encounter the same problems that TMP found when the car was modelled. The game's physics were built for trucks. People see a car and expect it to be handled like a car, but it's a truck with a car skin, that's why the handling can seem so weird. Adding different vehicles, even by SCS, would mean changing the physics model of the base game and I don't see this happening, let's not forget that it's Euro/American Truck Simulator.

But it's true that vans make more sense in the game than cars. In the end, vans are small rigid trucks and are used mostly for transporting goods. I'd be happy if SCS added new drivable vehicles, because there would be kind of a guarantee that they would be well done. But mods... Not so sure. I tried the Scout when it came out, then again when it was recently re-worked... Didn't like it and didn't see any reasons to drive it. To me, the game is about driving trucks to haul cargo trailers. A car with a caravan is nothing like that. Even when those are the best paid jobs in the freight market :wacko:

This is primarily a Truck Simulator, cars were added to provide some different sightings on the road other then trucks. For that reason no new cars or any kind of extra vehicles will come to TMP soon. Besides vans would be same as cars with a slightly bigger body. So no point in it really. IF this was a true simulation community without a single troll that already would be added but because we have alot of people driving like its a racing game (even trucks not just cars) its not needed , its not gonna change the "simulation" part to the better. 

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@[ST-I] Flying Cat I can't say for sure, but I'm afraid that SCS would encounter the same problems that TMP found when the car was modelled. The game's physics were built for trucks. People see a car and expect it to be handled like a car, but it's a truck with a car skin, that's why the handling can seem so weird. Adding different vehicles, even by SCS, would mean changing the physics model of the base game and I don't see this happening, let's not forget that it's Euro/American Truck Simulator.

But it's true that vans make more sense in the game than cars. In the end, vans are small rigid trucks and are used mostly for transporting goods. I'd be happy if SCS added new drivable vehicles, because there would be kind of a guarantee that they would be well done. But mods... Not so sure. I tried the Scout when it came out, then again when it was recently re-worked... Didn't like it and didn't see any reasons to drive it. To me, the game is about driving trucks to haul cargo trailers. A car with a caravan is nothing like that. Even when those are the best paid jobs in the freight market :wacko:

Yea, but we saw SCS Software remaking the physics and the game engine. An example is the heavy cargo DLC. They needed to reprogram the whole engine for the moving tires on the trailer. Well, i absolutly see your point and that's sadly what I think too. We will probably need to wait until ETS3 comes out. And it won't come out before 5 years passed. (SCS Software's statement in a stream)

Sincerely Rapido

Found this comment useful? Then please vote for it. Thank you! :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Guest Bruce T.
On 10/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, McclaudEagle said:

But we need something to pick a fight with the car drivers; vans are perfect for that. They seem to do it all the time in real life. :D

Hahah :D 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:22 AM, JohnY_CZ said:

I want vans (Boxer, Transit, Master, Crafter) and I hope SCS will put them in game. Or something like box truck (MAN TGL, Volvo FM), BDF/tandems.

Seeing trucks like Volvo FM, or MAN TGL would be really cool as well as several others. This type of truck can use a trailer, which would be very cool to drive through Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

// Locked and Moved to Archive

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived