"You must choose a valid game path" despite choosing path

ThatOvertakenPokeman

Question

7 answers to this question

Greetings @ThatOvertakenPokeman

You must select a valid path and most likely you haven't if it gives you that error here is a solution to it.

*Make sure you have selected the correct installation path for the game. ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2*
This path can be alterred abit depending on where you installed the game and if its ETS2 or ATS but it should look like something similar.

If this dosen't work send us a screenshot of what you have selected in the path.

I hope this answers your question and help you find a solution to your problem and i look forward to hearing from you of how it went.

Regards (SWE)Rasmus

• True Story 1

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019

(Windows) not Data "D:"!

ATS: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ American Truck Simulator

ETS: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Euro Truck Simulator 2

as far as I know the path should be like this at ETS both at ATS. if that does not help. Here is a link where it explains how you instal the MP (both ATS and ETS) Here:   ( https://nl.ytube.org/video/IpaB5K0J9dM )  (( is in German )) 

Lg, Alex.

Hello @ThatOvertakenPokeman, some good answers were given above, has your problem been solved?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized. ^_^

I await your return!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Press the Windows key and R (Win+r) on your keyboard

Enter "regedit" and press enter (without the quotes)

Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy"

Click "File"

Click "Export"

Save the file somewhere safe (eg. on your desktop) as a backup

Once saved, double click on "Enabled"

Set "Value data" to "0" (without the quotes)

Press OK

Close Registry editor and reboot

Hello,

Due to this forum post being inactive for 3 days, I will now move this topic to the appropriate section on the forums.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact us directly via the Support System or you're  free to open up a new topic on the forums 

//locked + moved to inactive

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x