Donator Tags

Suggestion Description:

Tags for Donators on the forum and possibly their TruckersMP profile. 

Any example images: 

bff2b9affcaa67e2e1a8393ab978ba12.png.6095e4fc4fc95fa97531fa0c2aad8fce.png3aaf8dbd63323862bc4e43db3e07162a.png.9c95c48b1b699a3b6b623842ae5d524a.png

Why should it be added?:

I'm sure we all know about the donation feature where you can donate to support TruckersMP. But I feel like the people who donate towards TruckersMP and help make it possible for everyone to play on TruckersMP don't get enough recognition. I personally haven't donated yet so I'm coming from a non-Donator perspective. I think that giving Donators a little recognition is well deserved.

So my suggestion is that the people who donate should get a tag/group on the forums so that people can see that they support TruckersMP. The colors on the tag would have to be different from any existing tag so that there is no confusion. And the tag would be a monthly thing, so that if you decide to donate the tag will stay for 30 days and then you would have to donate again to keep it another 30 days. 

The suggestion is mainly for the forums groups but if possible it would be nice to have it on your TruckersMP profile as well. 

A minimum amount to receive the tag could be a option but I think any donation counts. 

The tag can say many different things depending on what the TruckersMP Team feels is best. My suggestions are:

Donator

Backer

Supporter - This is close to "support" so this one isn't as good

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

• 1 month later...

+1 This will allow people to see who support the community financially.

Howeverm I see something that could change. On the TruckersMP profile site - instead of "Donator" being in "Rank" it could either be a line of text under your name saying you donated, or say "DONATED" with a css background box infront or at the end of the name.

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

• 2 weeks later...

@Dopaa It wouldn't be a "rank", just a "tag". Ranks are usually associated with some kind of privileges, being a donator wouldn't grant any. It's somehow like the "Veteran Driver X", it's not a rank, just a recognition that the user has been registered for X years. Some time ago, a new "rank/tag" was created: "Contributor". Why not "Donor"? Not only it would be a form of appreciation towards those who support the mod finnancially, it could also make others aware of the fact that there's an option to donate (and get a differentiation from other users, which for some people would be enough, I think, to make a donation). +1 from me.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Dopaa It wouldn't be a "rank", just a "tag". Ranks are usually associated with some kind of privileges, being a donator wouldn't grant any. It's somehow like the "Veteran Driver X", it's not a rank, just a recognition that the user has been registered for X years. Some time ago, a new "rank/tag" was created: "Contributor". Why not "Donor"? Not only it would be a form of appreciation towards those who support the mod finnancially, it could also make others aware of the fact that there's an option to donate (and get a differentiation from other users, which for some people would be enough, I think, to make a donation). +1 from me.

Okay, everyone will donate 1$ to get that tag if it's added. There may be requirements to get that tag (e.g min 50$ to get). 

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

@Dopaa Right now there are 174928 registered forum members, if everyone donated 1$, that's 174928$. To get that same amount with 50$ donations, 3498 donors would be needed. Do you really think that there would be almost 3500 users willing to donate 50$? What would you choose? 100K$ from 100K users at 1$ each, or 50K$ from 1000 users at 50$ each? I know what I would choose...

And let's not forget that the suggestion says that the tag would be a monthly thing... Wich makes it even less likely for people to be willing to keep that tag if the minimum monthly fee is 50$.

Very good idea but it should be shown privately on that person's profile because 

a: The "Player" ranking doesn't need to be replaced; and

b: The public doesn't really need to know who donated and wouldn't make sense for half of the users get a "donator" rank while the others are still on "Player"

Despite that, I am going to give it a upvote. +1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Dopaa Right now there are 174928 registered forum members, if everyone donated 1$, that's 174928$. To get that same amount with 50$ donations, 3498 donors would be needed. Do you really think that there would be almost 3500 users willing to donate 50$? What would you choose? 100K$ from 100K users at 1$ each, or 50K$ from 1000 users at 50$ each? I know what I would choose...

And let's not forget that the suggestion says that the tag would be a monthly thing... Wich makes it even less likely for people to be willing to keep that tag if the minimum monthly fee is 50$.

There is a lot of banned and inactive members, how do you know everyone will donate 1$?

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

@Dopaa I don't. It's just a reply to what you said previously:

10 hours ago, Dopaa said:

Okay, everyone will donate 1$ to get that tag if it's added. There may be requirements to get that tag (e.g min 50$ to get).

The example is still valid, no matter if the number of active members is 174000 or 20000, there would be lots of people willing to donate 1$, only a few would donate 50$.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea similar to this and I want to say that this would be a great thing. Also, I will be happy If we are able to change our rank badge, maybe I'm donator but I don't want to show it to others, so I can choose Veteran Driver rank badge.

Also, I think it would be great to have different rank badges, so it will depend on the amount of donation.

For example:

I Supporter (Bronze colour, the person who donated 5-10$
II Supporter (Silver colour, the person who donated 10-20$)

III Supporter (Gold colour, the person who donated 20-50$)
IV Supporter (Blue Diamond colour, the person who donated 50-100$)
V Supporter (Red Diamond colour, the person who donated 100$ or more)

UPD. It would be great to have the same colour in-game as donator role will have like staff roles have in-game.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I donate every month and I'm happy for such a mega-good thing: tmp::Liebe:

Good idea +1

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

• 4 months later...