Questions about time sync and money - American Truck Simulator

purplegraphics

Question

Hello! I installed TruckersMP back when EuroTruck Simulator was the only game in town, way before ATS came out and when I did install it then, I noticed that my money when into the hundreds of millions of the time sync? I would like to avoid that if possible and dont want to ruin my legit save file on the ATS game. I have a truck and 2 drivers in my ATS game currently. 

If I install the ATS Truckers MP, will this bug happen? Where I instantly gain hundreds of millions of dollars? I would like to avoid this happening and would like to work my business from the ground up.

Also, if it will happen, is there anyway to prevent it from happening? My friend told me I have to fire all the drivers before I start playing on the ATS TruckersMP because if I don't , the multiplayer server time will count it as hundreds of thousands of hours ahead, and during those thousands of hours my workers will have done a lot of jobs, and will cause my money to go ballistic.

If there is any way to play TruckersMP I would love to, but not if this bug is present still. Thought I'd ask here first before I ruin my game... Is this still an issue with time sync?

8 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, purplegraphics said:

Hello! I installed TruckersMP back when EuroTruck Simulator was the only game in town, way before ATS came out and when I did install it then, I noticed that my money when into the hundreds of millions of the time sync? I would like to avoid that if possible and dont want to ruin my legit save file on the ATS game. I have a truck and 2 drivers in my ATS game currently. 

If I install the ATS Truckers MP, will this bug happen? Where I instantly gain hundreds of millions of dollars? I would like to avoid this happening and would like to work my business from the ground up.

Also, if it will happen, is there anyway to prevent it from happening? My friend told me I have to fire all the drivers before I start playing on the ATS TruckersMP because if I don't , the multiplayer server time will count it as hundreds of thousands of hours ahead, and during those thousands of hours my workers will have done a lot of jobs, and will cause my money to go ballistic.

If there is any way to play TruckersMP I would love to, but not if this bug is present still. Thought I'd ask here first before I ruin my game... Is this still an issue with time sync?

"If I install the ATS Truckers MP, will this bug happen?" 

1) Yes if you have personal hired driver... 

2) the best way to avoid this is create a different save that you will use only on MP and one that you use only on SP ...

" Also, if it will happen, is there anyway to prevent it from happening "

1) do not have hired driver in your profil that you are using in MP ..

Hired driver still continue to " work " and on Multiplayer the Synch time isnt the same as Singleplayer ( that mean when you  use a save from single and go into multiplayer all your hired driver will have make million instantly since the time ( we are in 2044 in mp , but in singleplayer you are still in 2018 ) just to make a small exemple. of why it does that..

39 minutes ago, [VIVA] Kehox said:

"If I install the ATS Truckers MP, will this bug happen?" 

1) Yes if you have personal hired driver... 

2) the best way to avoid this is create a different save that you will use only on MP and one that you use only on SP ...

" Also, if it will happen, is there anyway to prevent it from happening "

1) do not have hired driver in your profil that you are using in MP ..

Hired driver still continue to " work " and on Multiplayer the Synch time isnt the same as Singleplayer ( that mean when you  use a save from single and go into multiplayer all your hired driver will have make million instantly since the time ( we are in 2044 in mp , but in singleplayer you are still in 2018 ) just to make a small exemple. of why it does that..

I will fire my 2 drivers even though I don't want to and they are at 2.5 rating.

So what if I do this: I fire all drivers before starting MP, and then hire some new ones. Will this bug happen and give me millions? I am assuming I can't hire any drivers after I join the TruckersMP server because of the time sync?

25 minutes ago, Soul Knight said:

hello

just as your friends said ,if you don't want to ruin your game profile,you should fire all the drivers before starting on MP

or you don't assign trucks to your drivers.

have a try

Best Regards

Soul knight:)

Ok thank you guys both! I will fire my drivers before I start MP and sell my trucks.  

Hello, Bonjour,

Thank you for taking into consideration the replies above.

Please inform us if you solve your problem or if the problem continues.

Sincerely,

56 minutes ago, purplegraphics said:

So what if I do this: I fire all drivers before starting MP, and then hire some new ones. Will this bug happen and give me millions?

My guess is yes.. exemple :

you fired them today .. and tommorow you get new hired driver in MP ... when you will play for the 3rd time and you waited let say 2 day(exemple)... when you will come back, the MP server still continue to run even if you arent there... soo in theory your hired driver will still make money at your return and still have the same issue... 

best way is to have 2 different save... less problem in overall.

1 hour ago, TFM DJ ccowie said:

Hello, Bonjour,

Thank you for taking into consideration the replies above.

Please inform us if you solve your problem or if the problem continues.

Sincerely,

Thanks man. It worked. I started MP and now it is perfect with the same money as before. I sold my trucks and fired my drivers.

1 hour ago, purplegraphics said:

So what if I do this: I fire all drivers before starting MP, and then hire some new ones. Will this bug happen and give me millions? I am assuming I can't hire any drivers after I join the TruckersMP server because of the time sync?

The "bug" will still exist. It's not really a bug, though. More of a side effect. An in-game economy is just not yet available in TMP. Nothing in your game profile gets stored on the server so the only thing that gets synched when you connect is the time. This causes your game to behave as if it had been running all the time since the last time you disconnected.

• Upvote 1

Hello, I see that your problem has been solved.
I'll be moving the topic to the appropriate section.
Thanks to all who came to help. ^_^

// Closed and moved to resolved.

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021