Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Why is the scout car stability still so bad?

dragonslayingmaster1000

I just did a test making a sharp right turn at 100 km/h (62 mph) with a truck (no trailer) and the car and the car ended up flipping over but the truck was totally fine. How the hell does the truck not flip over!? This makes literally no sense and I have seen videos of cars going at high speed and making drifts and they don't flip over. I thought they fixed the problem in the scout car rework. 

16 minutes ago, [ETS2.GR] Alligatoras said:

That's because your settings are set for the trucks. You can go and change all the settings but it's really bad idea. Maybe a new profile with customized settings just for the car should do the work?

What settings? I played multiplayer for about a year and I haven't heard of any settings for the car.

11 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I just did a test making a sharp right turn at 100 km/h (62 mph) with a truck (no trailer) and the car and the car ended up flipping over but the truck was totally fine. This makes literally no sense and I thought they fixed the weight problem in the scout car rework. 

I have to agree with you here. Making a sharp right (or left) turn at 100 Km/h (62 mph) makes no sense. People keep complaining about "Bad physics" when the truth is that there's no such thing, it's just "Bad driving".

Skodas are cars with truck physics. This car compared to other mods is way better, so you should be happy with the improvement that has been released last month.

Trucks have better stability because they are big and heavy. The cars are small, light and are more unstable. As far as I can tell, if you drive with a steering wheel, pedals and gearshift, the cars are more controllable.

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I have to agree with you here. Making a sharp right (or left) turn at 100 Km/h (62 mph) makes no sense. People keep complaining about "Bad physics" when the truth is that there's no such thing, it's just "Bad driving".

I don't drive like this normally but I just did this to prove a point. The car should not flip over but just drift like in real life but unfortunately I guess it's not possible because the car is based on a truck and they may not be able to change that.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:57 AM, FreakyBodyX said:

Trucks have better stability because they are big and heavy. The cars are small, light and are more unstable. As far as I can tell, if you drive with a steering wheel, pedals and gearshift, the cars are more controllable.

Ummm..... as a professional driver IRL as a real job that makes real money........  I have no idea how to respond to this........

On 10/9/2018 at 5:00 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I don't drive like this normally but I just did this to prove a point. The car should not flip over but just drift like in real life but unfortunately I guess it's not possible because the car is based on a truck and they may not be able to change that.

In real life, cars don't drift when the driver loses control on a corner. Drifting is a deliberate technique which, for the most part, can only be done in RWD cars. In a genuine loss of control on a corner, the more likely result is that a car will simply either spin out, put its nose into the wall or tree on the corner, or plow through the corner. In a RWD car you have oversteer, which causes the back end to go out and keep the nose of the car pinned to the inside of the turn, which is why it's popular with sports cars because it allows faster cornering. FWD cars on the otherhand have understeer, which is where the steering becomes less effective the faster it takes a corner; the end result being if you take a corner too fast, the car will simply cut straight through it and you'll end up either hitting an oncoming vehicle, or flying into the field on the outside of the corner.

Cars that are most prone to flipping over when taking a corner too fast are those with a high centre of gravity, like SUVs.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:32 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

What settings? I played multiplayer for about a year and I haven't heard of any settings for the car.

hey, maybe i didn't explain my answer very well. there are so specific settings for the car. I am talking about the general in-game settings.
Like the brake stability etc. These stuff can be changed inside the game. so in that case you can make a new profile and customize the settings to fit in the car.

Multiplayer ETS2.GR

@Vanellus

the braking sensitivity is fine, they fixed that problem. I know, I drive with a sensitivity at about 10 to 15% and the car stops a lot sooner then my truck does when driving at 65 mph. as for cornering, I didn't notice any problems, however this test was done in ATS, where we have sloped corners on most highways and freeways. as for ETS, I cant say one way or another seeing as how I don't drive the car in that game, but if it is based on the trucks in it, then I can see it flipping over easily since a good amount of the truck there have a high center of gravity.

It can basically be narrowed down to this: Yes, the car's handling could be better, but so could the skills of the person driving it who keeps crashing it.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:13 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I just did a test making a sharp right turn at 100 km/h (62 mph) with a truck (no trailer) and the car and the car ended up flipping over but the truck was totally fine.

You seem to miss one point: we're not playing Need For Speed but a trucking simulation. :thisisfine:

It's quite normal to flip when taking sharp turns at 100km/h. Even if there's some room for improvements on the Scout car, the work done on it so far is quite amazing knowing how bad it was before.

Today, this car is way easier to drive. If you're still flipping it, then the issue isn't the car itself but the player who drives it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived