Double Trailer Restricted Sign

Kerupuks

Suggestion Name: Double Trailer Restricted Sign

Suggestion Description: Considering that double trailers are not permitted on several way/route in Europe, then with the Double Trailer Restricted Sign at the beginning of each way/route we can avoid it without being affected by auto kick. Because when server is on limit of player it takes time to relogin.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: To make sure we are not entering the Restricted Road

• Upvote 10

76561198309284616.png

• 2 weeks later...

what if a warning came up at the start of the job if your route went in to a part of the map that is not permitted for double trailers saying warning double trailers are not permitted on this route pls change your route  the warning will keep showing till you change the route 

I'm a bit neutral about the suggestion, since I only do WoT jobs and those will never send me with doubles to any of the restricted areas so I will never need these warnings. It seems like a good thing for those who want to "roam" with their doubles, although I can't get why anyone would want to do that, if I want to free-roam, I'll use truck only, no trailers.

@drew156 That would be quite tricky, because the jobs and default routes are generated by the game (SCS) and the restricted routes are defined only in MP. It would be the best solution IMO, but I don't see it doable.

23 hours ago, drew156 said:

what if a warning came up at the start of the job if your route went in to a part of the map that is not permitted for double trailers saying warning double trailers are not permitted on this route pls change your route  the warning will keep showing till you change the route 

Ahh this idea is good too, Sign and Warning Pop Ups are perfectly perfect :D

Like the picture below, and the sample for the Warning Message is "You're heading to d-trailer restricted area, reroute or you'll be kicked on 5secs after entering area"

zxczxc.PNG.38ccbb11ca31bf70b79db31d64217722.PNG

76561198309284616.png

Adding signs around the map is not the easiest task. A more doable idea would be to put markers on the navigation map where needed. These should be visible indications, which stand out, that the area you're driving towards is restricted for doubles.

16 hours ago, Shrimp2aste said:

Like the picture below, and the sample for the Warning Message is "You're heading to d-trailer restricted area, reroute or you'll be kicked on 5secs after entering area"

I see this as a possible thing to do and it would be a good addition to the idea I had. It allows people to be able to spot where doubles are restricted before entering that area, and also if they weren't aware of that as they're already heading towards it.

• Upvote 1

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

i think this is a great idea to warn others. Certain parts maybe add a oversign or a !warning sign to pop up on the GPS / F3.

im aware there is a message that pops up in chat but if you're on the highway you cant really turn around or exit so quickly before you get kicked, like you can only go so far.

To add on to this suggestion i think there should be a warning something like this. "Warning! in 300m you will be entering the restricted area with a double trailer. Please turn around." or something along that.

I'm not sure if this can be added through MP but maybe color the restricted area for all players on the map? I think thats a lot of coding or maybe only SCS can code it? idk

REC BAN - Police Man Horizon

23 hours ago, Brandon8506 said:

i think this is a great idea to warn others. Certain parts maybe add a oversign or a !warning sign to pop up on the GPS / F3.

im aware there is a message that pops up in chat but if you're on the highway you cant really turn around or exit so quickly before you get kicked, like you can only go so far.

To add on to this suggestion i think there should be a warning something like this. "Warning! in 300m you will be entering the restricted area with a double trailer. Please turn around." or something along that.

I'm not sure if this can be added through MP but maybe color the restricted area for all players on the map? I think thats a lot of coding or maybe only SCS can code it? idk

Sure your Warning Message is good too, I hope all our ideas are accepted :D 

76561198309284616.png

Peoples doesn't watch road signs.. why they should consider a double trailer sign? ahaha

Peoples doesn't read Admins messages, why they should consider a double trailer message? haahha

You should not drive Doubles if you are not into Scandinavia.

• True Story 1

On 17/10/2018 at 08:04, Prime said:

Esta sugestão está agora aberta para discussão.

As I see it, I think it is very pertinent, when we get double roboques on the map the route automatically marks the places where these roboques can pass.
That way it would be easier to drive and also not be always "banned"

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, legobrammetje said:

There already is a warning that you get in the chat a few hundred meters before you go in to the restricted area for double's and HCT's and get kicked. It's in yellow so it will stand out between the other chat messages. And i have this picture that might help you:  

kaart.jpg

Problem with that is you cant turn around on a motorway 

• Upvote 1

I think the optimal idea, and not to complicate what is not complicated, just a warning that appears in the center of the screen to warn in advance the road to avoid, preferably that the driver has a chance to make the return maneuver in safety. For example in a roundabout that precedes or something like that. Incidentally, the same kind of warning should be when we are going to drive in a country where the opposite is true when we enter the UK. And I do not know why it has not yet been implemented.

• 3 weeks later...