[DONE]Suggestions format vissibility

Suggestion Name: As title

Suggestion Description: Make it so the Suggestions mandatory format is more vissible to every one, maybe links in every sub-section?

Any example images: Just roam the different sub-sections and check the latest "New suggestion" in each of them.

Why should it be added?: Because since the Suggestions section re-work, lots of users are sending suggestions without the required format. Making it so it's clearer that this format is mandatory for a suggestion to be opened for discussion would make moderators' life easier, they would not need to go into every new suggestion asking to "Edit to follow the format". And the users sending suggestions would make it right from the beginning without further edits.

EDIT: Grabbed right now, and just from @Pillow_'s replies (there may be more from other moderators) after this suggestion of mine was "Opened for discussion":

Spoiler
10.09.2018-11.58.34

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Added example image
  • Upvote 6

Well to be honest, if you add like 100 links in 1 sub forum who say people will still read it.

It's very common that people don't read, so i don't think links will help much more.

Maybe instead of links a pop up shows up when they start creating a suggestion that this sub forum needs certain format that needs to be followed.

and perhaps they need too accept by clicking on the button in order to continue the suggestion ?

just a idea thought :wesmart:

• Upvote 1

I wasn't thinking about 100 links in one sub-forum, but the new Suggestion organization goes like this:

- Suggestions (the suggestions format is right here)

- Add-on suggestions

- New suggestions

- Open for discussion

- Accepted

- Rejected

- Forum suggestions

- New suggestions

- Game suggestions

- New suggestions

- Website suggestions

- New suggestions

- Other suggestions

- New suggestions

My idea was to put something like this

Inside every one and at the top of the "New suggestions" sub-section, it would be just 5 copy/paste or links, not 100 ;)

But a pop-up with the same information whenever someone hits "Start new topic" in "New suggestions" would be even better!! Thanks a lot for this great alternative.

Hello,

Thanks once again for your suggestion. I have looked into others' comments about this and would like to try the idea.

I will be working with topics with the format first, if that does not work as we would like to see, we can move onto this pop-up.

Accepted

• Thanks 1
  • Woah! 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

• 8 months later...