cannot see other players in multiplayer ETS2

strippy5

Question

Hello,

since recent (probably patch for my Huawei B315s-22 WiFi CAT4 router) i have problems with playing multiplayer, i will try to explaine in more detailed.

Game works in multiplayer in meaning i am normaly connecting to server i can drive and play BUT i dont see other players...i see them only first time when i log in but the are frozen not moving....also chat is not working....and when i use quick travel game remembers that first time seen players in the list.....it actually sums their distance....as you can see on pictures it remembers first players which was near me and just them.....no matter where i am.

now i have two routers so i tried to connect to other one (different provider) and there works perfect.... so it is something in first router traffic...some option probably which is not allowing all traffic to get through....can any1 maybe know what to edit in my router to fix this problem?

i am attaching some images just to take a look...

also when i start ATS i dont have this problem its working normally......

i tryed reinstalling  the game and truckersmp client....reseting winsock....

Best Regards and thanks ahead for any help/advice.

Alan.

chat not working when driving and check few drivers distance.jpg

logged in normaly.jpg

12 answers to this question

Hey,

did you already tried another server? Is your router software up 2 date (maybe there was a hotfix)? Are your drivers up 2 date?

Try turning of your internet connection by plugging out the power for 10 seconds, then put it back in.

hello

try this
1. Try re-setting your win-sock cache.

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter (run cmd as an admin, right click run as admin).
step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter.
step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter.
step 4: restart your computer.

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down. https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?id=6653..

You type:

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset 

into a command prompt window

also Make sure that the Windows firewall does not block your connection. Open the Windows firewall and say Restore defaults.

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

also you can read this topic

you also can create a support ticket here to looking for help

https://www.truckersmp.com/support

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

i found similar thread and tryed all this advices already....

i tryed to opet a ticket but noone replyed....

i mean i dont have performance problems...my internet is running nice speed....and this turned recently....only with ets2.....i dunno what to do i tryed everything....i mean it is really weird because with american truck sim i dont have problems and it is same client -.-

25 minutes ago, strippy5 said:

i found similar thread and tryed all this advices already....

i tryed to opet a ticket but noone replyed....

i mean i dont have performance problems...my internet is running nice speed....and this turned recently....only with ets2.....i dunno what to do i tryed everything....i mean it is really weird because with american truck sim i dont have problems and it is same client -.-

As I already asked, did you try to switch the server? For example try EU5 or EU3. Also: Try to repair your game files via Steam. -> Right click on the game, Updates, Verfiy games files.

You mentioned you have two different ISPs. The Huawei B315s-22 is a 4G router. That's the one causing issues, right? Your other router is attached to DSL/Cable?

The mod uses UDP traffic to communicate which can be problematic via 4G. This greatly depends on the setup of your 4G provider, though. Many of them use carrier grade NAT (CGNAT), meaning many users share the same public IP and the provider translates your packets transparently between public and internal network addresses. If your ISP has a very short timeout in ther translation tables for UDP traffic, your traffic may be dropped even though your session to the MP server is still active, which would result in what you observe. If it worked before, maybe your provider changed something in their internal network setup or your recent router update has a bug. That wouldn't explain why ATS is working for you, though.

Do you use the Huawei router to play MP while you are not at home or is there a specific reason why you don't use your wired internet connection?

Faern

yes exactly what you wrote my Huawei B315s-22 is a 4G router, i connect wireless, i cannot currently connect by wire.....BUT it worked until two weeks ago....is probably what you say it was some stupid router FAILED update....and now it has a bug...i actually have TWO Huawei ROUTERS and i tested BOTH and both have that problem.....but only with ets2 :)

i dunno how to solve this....i will try to contact our local isp support because i didnt see in router options to maybe rollback update.....

I don't know how well ETS2MP works via VPN or if it works at all. Never tried. But if you have access to a VPN with public internet access on the other end or are willing to invest a few bucks, you could rent a VPN account for a month to test if your issue persists if your MP traffic is tunneled. You would need a VPN provider that tunnels gaming traffic and has a server not too far away from you or close to the MP servers (i.e. France for the EU servers) because any VPN increases your latency/ping. Most providers have numerous servers distributed across the world.

Hello, 

Multiple answers have been given, did the given answers resolved your problem?

Please let us know! 

Thank you.

Best Regards 

Forz0214 

TruckersMP Trial Support 

Problem solved. Thanks to everyone.

//locked and moved to Solved Topics.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.