This is why ATS should only have 1 server

dragonslayingmaster1000

ATS may have gained more players but 1000-1200 players is still not enough to have 2 servers and find people often. At certain times when the server population is split like 1100 to 50-100 it's not too much of a problem but sometimes the server populations are split like 600 to 600, 800 to 400, 700 to 300, etc., you will not find as many players as you would if there was 1 server. There really is no point in playing multiplayer if there is barely anyone to drive around with so that's mostly why I think 2 servers is a bad idea. About the ping, I don't think it's that much of an issue. I'm from the US east coast but I don't mind playing EU servers because over 100 ping doesn't affect me at all. Tell me what is so bad about having 100+ ping because I don't notice any effect because I play on ETS2 EU2 all the time. If they decide to revert back to 1 server again they should have it in the US east coast because there's where the majority of people in the US are and people from west coast and western europe don't get really bad ping. 

Update: ATS is pretty much dead again with only 500 split up players so there should most definitely be 1 server so there's a somewhat decent player count.

Personally, I would rather have low population server with low ping than high population one with high ping. I am also playing from the east coast and the lag is noticeable with trucks suddenly stopping and then teleport ahead. It's annoying and not fun especially when driving behind someone and you don't really know if he did suddenly stopped or just because of the lag. In fact, they should just put one US server for ATS if majority of ATS players are from the US. 

@dragonslayingmaster1000

you made some nice points, it would be nice to have one big server. however, people such as myself, who live on the west coast and/or have only 1 ISP in the town we live in makes connecting to a EU server and trying to play with a ping of 300ms+ with spikes of 500 to 700ms a real problem. so with a US server those of us who get bad ping to an EU server can play ATS.

This two server solution is really bad. With a playerbase of 1000 people max on 1 server that will get lower with every day after the oregon dlc it´s bad to split the playerbase. It´s not fun to play multiplayer in ATS on a 75 people server like sometimes last month. When people from NA West have a high ping on EU then make ONE NA East server.

3 hours ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

ABD sunucusunu tercih ediyorum, insanlar orada daha arkadaş canlısı görünüyorlar ve yol kuralları ve hız limitlerine saygı duyuyorlar ve ping benim için çok daha iyi, AB sunucusundaki 130-150ms ile karşılaştırıldığında 60 milyon civarında.

The EU server is normally pinged so depending on your location

15 hours ago, ayrancola said:

This two server solution is really bad. With a playerbase of 1000 people max on 1 server that will get lower with every day after the oregon dlc it´s bad to split the playerbase. It´s not fun to play multiplayer in ATS on a 75 people server like sometimes last month. When people from NA West have a high ping on EU then make ONE NA East server.

Yeah if it was NA east people from west coast can get decent ping and people from western europe probably will only get up to 100-150. I don't know about places like turkey but it's probably a good thing if turkish players can't play on here. I enjoy the nice drivers on ATS.

location has less to do with the server then it does with the persons ISP which effects it most. my ping to the US server hangs out around 75 ms, where as connecting the EU server my ping fluctuates between 190 and 300 ms.

most people would say get a new ISP, however if it is the only one in your town, you cant change it. so having 2 servers is helpful and allows those that cant connect to a server that is across the atlantic from them would reduce the already low ATS population.

Archived