Give me your opinion about Copy-Paste answers

twix bar

You mean the Topic answers (when you provide a link from the topic) , Its better described in the topic itself then when a user types it. 

Hey there,

In my opinion it can be both good and bad.

If the pasted message is helping the user and is actually solving the problem then i think it's a good thing.

However, if the message is near unrelated to the question and doesn't solve the issue at all then i would rather have that person not use copy and pasted messages.

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

To be honest, I see it quite annoying. Some people seem to be so focused in being seen as helpful that they reply to every posts in the Help section, lots of times just with the same copy/pasted answer. Sometimes it's helpful, others it isn't. What I don't understand is how, being the Help section strictily moderated, some of those messages get to appear, when they are clearly unrelated to the topic. And some of these people even use copy/paste with replies from other users in previous topics and don't have the decency of mentioning the real author. I can tell because it has happened to me, one user sent a reply that I found very "familiar". Looked into my content and saw that it was the exact same reply that I had sent to another topic several weeks earlier, posted by this person as if it were his. I have sent replies from other users, but I always use quotes, not copy/paste, to let everyone see that the solution had been given previously and by whom.

Sadly, there are these people who think that they'll be accepted more easily into the team by flooding all Help topics with just 2-3 answers, pasting one or the other, depending on the topic. They should realize that it's a lot more helpful, for the topic and for their chances to be seen as support-team worthy, if they take the time and effort to work their own answers instead of using the same ones over and over, every day.

If they can Copy-paste answers to solve a problem is because the Help topic is "copy-pasted" also...

So the real problem may be all these Help topics  which are solved on previous topics , but there are no visible enough or the players who need help do not use the Search function...

• twix bar changed the title to Give me your opinion about Copy-Paste answers
32 minutes ago, Hinter said:

Hello,

it is good for me as long as we receive the information or help that we would Need/Like to receive.

Sure, but most copy paste links have many informations... So you have to filter every link for your needs. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I do not really know what to say. Some may be useful, others repost, and so on. It is best to come up with our own response, always.

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived