Bad physics

[EG] Elten [GER]

Well..its a truck. Trucks can tip over going under the speed limit.

If you have issues with it, slow down more or turn the trailer stability up.

SCS decreased the stability of the trailers , and how they behave. (In case you drove a scout car, that is also a possibility if you turn fast.)

Hello Trucker, 

if you have Developer console enabled type g_trailer_stability 10 or 20 and when you come in a bend you dont tip over.

If you dont have developer console enabled go to Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles select your profile (look at latest date your profile got updated) and then enter the config and find g_console "0" and g_developer "0" change the 0's into 1's and then save the config enter the game and press ~ then type the command i gave you above.

1 hour ago, CroTruckTMP said:

SCS decreased the stability of the trailers , and how they behave. (In case you drove a scout car, that is also a possibility if you turn fast.)

oh god I can tell, hit a tiny bump and your 20t trailer now feels like its a balloon and shoots off into the sky sending your truck into a ditch

Hello There

If you're driving a car, you can roll over.Go a little slower in curves. Increase your stability if you have a trailer.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

4 hours ago, RichManSCTV said:

oh god I can tell, hit a tiny bump and your 20t trailer now feels like its a balloon and shoots off into the sky sending your truck into a ditch

Only if you're going too fast. In some cities, there are "road bumps" to make drivers to slow down (IRL and in the game). Those are a lot more than "a tiny bump", I've gone over one of them a couple of times with 16 and 23 tons trailer (first one while going to deliver, next one coming out with a new trailer) and nothing happened. Of course, I slowed down to around 20 Km/h in order to go over it. It's a completely different thing if you're doing 140+ Km/h, but you already know that... :lol:

Spoiler

Upps, the video was lost with the copy/paste, here's the link:

this is weird, I haven't had any of these issues other then the occasional huge bumps in major highways which I mostly find near bridges, specially heading up to Sweden and Norway. are they realistic, cant say since I do not live in Europe. the only thing that is similar in ATS, is the over exaggerated train crossings, which are lvl with the ground. as far as having bad trailer stability. I haven't moved it from default and have noticed better stability with 1.32, though I do tend to obey the speed limit which for most of Europe is only 50 mph. the exceptions being France being 56 mph which I travel at 55 mph or the uk which has a max speed of 60 mph again if the speed is higher then 55 I travel at 55 mph. as for ats, while not being in California (don't have Oregon) my cruise control is set to 65 mph. while in CA it is only 55 mph.

@RichManSCTV I can't say, I'd never try to go over those road bumps at 140 Km/h. But I've seen first hand what happens when a car tries to do it at around 70-80 Km/h (the guy probably didn't know the road and worse, didn't realize that there were bumpers ahead). The car flew. Literally. All 4 wheels left the ground. You can find similar examples in Youtube.

And may be a trailer in real life will not launch into orbit, but I'm quite sure that if anyone tries to drive over a bump doing 140+ Km/h the truck will always end up in a ditch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived