Old player checking in

xhavefunx

Hey there Truckers, 

Some of you may know me, some may not; but i used to be a very active player here! Haven't played the game in a very long time, been very busy working (drivingB))... and since i mostly drive between Holland and North-Norway, i hardly have any time to check on the game. 

I can see there are lots and lots of new maps and features! Double trailers, real trailers like Kone, etc. 

But i was wondering: How's today's realism in Truckers MP? Last time i played it was called ETS2MP (Around 2 years ago? Little bit more) and there were hardly any realistic driving players. For example; when i was driving 85, for certainly 90% of the time i was overtook by players driving 100km/h+. Almost never like in real life, where someone would overtake me with 90, and i'd flash my high beam as in you can safely merge back in front of me, and they'd thank me with their turn signals. Are more people enjoying the 'Simulation' aspect of the game nowadays? Just want to check if it's worth it to download the game again when i get home. 

It's nice anyway to be back here on the forums and see lots of familiar names! :)

https://image.ibb.co/j1Huye/20180619_141102.jpg

Hello,

First of all, glad to see you back :)

Regarding your question, it depends. In specific, go anywhere near cities such as Rotterdam, Calais, or Duisburg, and you will surely be greeted with people not taking the simulation aspect of the game too seriously. However, there are still plenty of Virtual Trucking Companies and groups of people that drive together obeying the traffic laws as if it were real life.

Also, sometimes people in the map DLC regions take the game more seriously than those just in the base map. (Not always, but it's just something I've observed personally).

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Welcome again!!

It really is not what it used to be!

Nowadays we have Players that Simulate and we have Players that Play in Run Mode

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

1 hour ago, Aragon said:

Hello,

First of all, glad to see you back :)

Also, sometimes people in the map DLC regions take the game more seriously than those just in the base map. (Not always, but it's just something I've observed personally).

This is something that was indeed observable in the Scandinavia area. This is where i drove most of the time. Players were always driving very gently and realistic, and docking the trailer seemed to take players there less time than in example Rotterdam. 

I have another question; I've seen posts about a speedlimit of 150 km/h, but i see there's so a Simulation server. Is the speedlimit in the simulation server 150 km/h? :huh:

Hello and welcome back!!

You'll see that there are several different servers now:

EU#1 (Simulation): This server has forced speed limits at 60 Km/h inside cities, 110 Km/h outside cities. Cars are not allowed. Limits and no cars means that most kids, reckless drivers and trolls will not even dream of joining this server. The problem is that it has a very low population, so it's mostly like a ghost town... But most players there are those who actually go for the simulation aspect of the MP and got fed up of trying to survive EU#2 (I'm one of them).

EU#2: No surname, the server with the biggest capacity for players, speed limits at 80 Km/h inside cities, 150 Km/h outside cities. Cars allowed, and more recently, the add-on team developed a caravan that can be used as "cargo" for cars. It's what I call the NFS server. If you are into simulation, check the map in this topic and avoid the "forbidden" areas even if you are not hauling doubles. There's a reason why the developers decided to forbid doubles in those places: they are too chaotic with regular trailers, they would become unusable if all of the "Idiots on the road" stars decided (and they would) to go with their double trailers all day long up and down the worst places (Calais, Duisburg, the 2 lane road linking them have become the new "Europoort" area, only it's a lot worse).

EU#3 (No cars): Same as EU#2 but without cars. This makes it to be more calm, but people go there to speed without having to worry about many insane car drivers.

EU#4 (No collision): Same as EU#2 but the whole map is set in non-collision mode, so people can drive through others without actually crashing. It was said that the 150 Km/h speed limit would be removed from this server, but it hasn't been done yet.

As a general rule, roads in DLC areas (Going East, Scandinavia, Vive la France, Bella Italia) are usually more civilized than the central ones, everyone can buy the base game with 5€ but not everyone will pay extra money for map expansions that, in the end, they are not planning to use. Why waste money in Scandinavia DLC if all they will do is go over and over again to the Calais-Duisburg madhouse?

Another sad novelty: Due to the recent changes in European GDPR laws, now any players can just delete their accounts. This means that someone who gets a permanent ban, can just delete the account, create a new one (linked to a new Steam profile and a new copy of the game) and join the servers again. And again, and again, as long as they can afford new copies of the game. So this also means that instead of having less trolls, reckless drivers, hackers, etc. than before, there are the same or even more. And that those players don't care about being banned because they know that it's useless.

Any other things you want to have cleared out, don't hesitate to ask here or PM me.

Hey Fernando, great to see you! Thanks for the good explanation. I see there are quite a lot of changes. Can't believe how much fuzz there is about this "C-D route". But hey, just like in real life: kids need a kinder garten to play :lol:

So, the "economy" mwl was working on, has he dropped this? Or is he still holding on to that "I'll implement it when scs stops supporting the game" theory? I remember our Virtual Company with the economy system. You were earning the most money in the company B) ETS2MP would be 10000 times better with economy. 

About the economy system, only the developers know. But there's something else in development, as seen in the video posted in this topic:

Once again, only TMP team knows about how it is going, what the final result will be and when/if it will be released.

I forgot to mention one important thing: The Special Transports DLC is not supported in MP. Jobs will still appear in the market but if you try to do one, you'll be kicked from the server. It's quite logical, if you know that DLC. Most players can barely handle regular trailers, imagine those NFS fans trying to haul one of these monsters on the infamous C-D road doing 150 Km/h... Suggestions were made to allow that DLC only in the simulation server, or only in the non-collision server but none got accepted.

1 hour ago, xhavefunx said:

Hey Fernando, great to see you! Thanks for the good explanation. I see there are quite a lot of changes. Can't believe how much fuzz there is about this "C-D route". But hey, just like in real life: kids need a kinder garten to play :lol:

So, the "economy" mwl was working on, has he dropped this? Or is he still holding on to that "I'll implement it when scs stops supporting the game" theory? I remember our Virtual Company with the economy system. You were earning the most money in the company B) ETS2MP would be 10000 times better with economy. 

Rumour has it the C-D got busy thanks to a TFM announcement of a pile up on it, the EP is now dead but some still block it & get fed up with the lack of people turning up so give up or get banned! We have had riots in game & on the forum because of situations * classified *! I think they either gave up on the economy or put it to the side, SCS are working on a official multiplayer ( mentioned in a live stream they did ). Many faces have left ( check the team topic in news ) & the rules have changed so read up & try to understand them! @Kat_pw is still occasionally breaking things * cough * server reset * cough * & @Scar replaced Clarkinator who stepped down a while ago. 

Also i should point out at the bottom of the forum page anyone in green is a player i.e Member all the way up to Veteran V i think ( if you been here over a year your a Veteran I, dark green is Community Contributor " theres a post somewhere which explains that ". The various shades of red are the Game Mod team ( name changed from IGA to GM ), guys in blue are Support, guys in orange are Community Managers, guys in grey are Community Mod's ( used to be Forum Mods ), guys in dark blue are Addon Team ( post somewhere ), guys in dark purple are the Devs, guys in pink are Project Managers, guys in darkish pinky purple are the Event Team & i think thats everyone covered!

Hello There

The C-D path is crowded and fun. If you want realism, I think you should go to the Dlc. Troll and beginner in C-D way is too much.

Have a nice day!

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Welcome back to this mad little world! I read your name as "shavefun", but I think that's a different part of the internet.

Once you start you'll enjoy the camaraderie & will wonder if you'll ever bother with single player again (but you will). I recommend crusing @ 60 or 80 along C-D if you fancy a perusal before it gets mega busy around teatime/evening EU. 

Have fun & try not to crash (much)!

On 10/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, xhavefunx said:

Hey there Truckers, 

Some of you may know me, some may not; but i used to be a very active player here! Haven't played the game in a very long time, been very busy working (drivingB))... and since i mostly drive between Holland and North-Norway, i hardly have any time to check on the game. 

I can see there are lots and lots of new maps and features! Double trailers, real trailers like Kone, etc. 

But i was wondering: How's today's realism in Truckers MP? Last time i played it was called ETS2MP (Around 2 years ago? Little bit more) and there were hardly any realistic driving players. For example; when i was driving 85, for certainly 90% of the time i was overtook by players driving 100km/h+. Almost never like in real life, where someone would overtake me with 90, and i'd flash my high beam as in you can safely merge back in front of me, and they'd thank me with their turn signals. Are more people enjoying the 'Simulation' aspect of the game nowadays? Just want to check if it's worth it to download the game again when i get home. 

It's nice anyway to be back here on the forums and see lots of familiar names! :)

https://image.ibb.co/j1Huye/20180619_141102.jpg

Hello. Well, I'm about 3 years in the TMP Comunity i think now allready, but i just found out how to make an forum-account recently. (I'm stupid, I know) Now to your question, when you drive in DLC-Maps there are often players that take simulation seriously. But when you go to highpolulated areas on the basemap you often find people that don't take simulation too seriously and like annoy others. A big area like this is as example rotterdam, duisburg, calais, duisburg-calais road and all cities near those locations. You allready minimize the possibility to meet trolls if you don't play on EU 2. It gives also much external Speditions that run as example with SpedV. That are groups that enjoy driving around as group in convoys and driving realistic. I'm myself am in a virtual spedition. I really hope that you come back, especially because i really think your a good/serious ets2 driver. I also hope i could answer your questions

Sincerely Rapido

Found this comment useful? Then please vote for it. Thank you! 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived