Move away or get closer to other players

• 5 months later...

Driver's attention should be on the road and the surroundings, not on the player's list or anything like that. If you are not sure if it's safe to overtake, don't try and wait until you are. -1 from me, it would only make the mod to use more resources and players with low-end machines might suffer from something like this.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 4

Greetings TruckersMP Community Members,

I think this is a good suggestion as whole for further development with the game allowing for you to have more accurate distances but also indication of how close they are coming by others means by colour. However I think it would also be a bit of work for the development team to carry out in order to implement this type of feature to the servers furthermore having the graphs could cause further strain to user systems and also in regards to the colours, these are used a lot of the time therefore the whole thing would need redone in order to go by this.

When you have friends in the game usually their blip is green and normal are white but these are different depending on user settings. To reiterate my point in this topic, this is a good suggestion however there's a lot of work involved in adding this feature and therefore wouldn't be seen for the far future even if it were accepted.

In conclusion, I am not in support of this particular topic since it is not really need right now. This could be considered in future updates though.

Thanks,

Rhys

• 5 weeks later...

+1 To this. It's a nice idea. We know that anyone needs a special help for overtaking. If we just concentrate on the road, the accidents can be increased. The game is not perfect and has a very limited draw distance. It's possible that "well, I don't see anyone, let's overtake this guy", and then the game draws a player at certain distance that is dangerous for both and ¡Boom! Crash. Those situations can be avoided by using this simple system. Also for those who want "realism" and think that it's better without it: an On/off feature. And I think that all of us will be happy :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Driver's attention should be on the road and the surroundings, not on the player's list or anything like that. If you are not sure if it's safe to overtake, don't try and wait until you are. -1 from me, it would only make the mod to use more resources and players with low-end machines might suffer from something like this.

A very useful feature, definitely should be added to the game.

Илиян Каменов 

@ilian kamenov And you added a copy/paste of my reply... Why, exactly? You don't need to copy/paste other users' replies to post yours. And it's always better to use "quote" instead of copy/paste. Don't you see that by doing that, your reply makes no sense? First sentence, you seem to be against the suggestion, second sentence, you seem to be in favor...

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a good idea, and I think it's totally possible, truckersmp already gets the coordinates of any nearby players to calculate the distance between them, calculating the direction isn't that hard. By looking how the position changes and knowing your speed you can easily know at least if is in front of you or behind you, and truckersmp already has control on your speed. 

The list itself is very distractive now, a couple arrows more won't change that much.  If you think it's too distractive you can always close the list anyway 

I think it's fair to say that while this sounds like a really good idea, I think if it was actually used it would become very messy quite quickly, sure they have the distance from the trucks and such, but if you're in a high populated area, it's going to get very messy to look at tab, while you can close it I think that it's not going to work. I think the distraction would be too great.

For me this suggestion and useless, since I do not use tab when I am driving, I prefer something cleaner on my screen, besides that it would weigh when you opened the Tab, just like this happening, when I open the Tab I have FPS drop.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

I think it is useful ... It is true that we can concentrate on the road to advance but there are cases where players play with the graphics too low and the visibility range is low to the point that you only see the trucks when you already have them at 50 meters and you go at 110km / h.

• 5 weeks later...