Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

OBS Black screen

Sheltie

Question

Evening,

I always record my driving with the OBS recorder. A few days ago I updated OBS and it still worked fine for me, I still could film everything and make reports. But today it doesn't work, I did everything I do like usual but still no results. Does anyone know how to fix this? I already tried to run as admin.

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

6 answers to this question

Hello  @Sheltie,

do you have laptop or PC? If you have laptop, that is the problem why you can't use game recording and you are getting black screen. If you are using PC, try to disable your anti-virus and makse sure you have installed GPU drivers updated and DirectX.

Best Regards,

WentworthHFD

Greetings.

if you only have a black screen, it may be because OBS doesn't detect your game, if it is set to automatic detection. I did had this problem, but it would normally return to normal about a minute later. How long have you waited out?

Try this: Go to OBS and select your prefered Scene, then at the right, right click "Game Capture" and then "Properties". On Mode, select ETS2's executable (also, make sure you do so while ETS2 is running).  If everything goes right, it should start capturing directly from your game almost immediately, if not, wait about a minute or so. I hope this helps!

Kind regards.

• Upvote 1

v1.png 

Hey there,

It may not be a TruckersMP Problem, but as you can see, the community is so kind and helpful that you have many replies in just hours! So, I encourage you to take these quality replies and read them well, they are quite clever replies. Once you have tried doing as the replies indicate, then you should head back to this topic and leave a reply letting us know that your problem has been solved or the contrary saying that you need more help and we will try to help you out the best we can.

So, I am very excited to hear from you! Good night everyone heading off around this time!

Kindest Regards,