Thoughts on a "Ultra Realistic Mode"

ZeRo Bjoern

Hello fellow Truckers,

A couple of days ago something crossed my mind which i hope that SCS is implementing at some point even though chances are very low.

If you think about it, your always in and with your Truck in ATS and ETS. You spend the whole Game Time in your Cabin.

But what if things like Mechanical Repairs could be done in the Workshops or even the Garages ? I know we have Damage but like, in a way where you actually break a part and it needs to be fixed.

Also, maybe Oilchange intervals and that its possible, if Seasons gets implemented that you got to change Tires.

I always look at the Dashboard of my Truck and somehow you really dont need to worry about anything exept your fuel and the brake pressure. 

Mechanical Failures could also be realistic at some point.

They could make it optional just like the Rain and Road Events so people can decide if they want more Realism or just the way its been before.

What are your thoughts on that ? Its just something which i think could be fun. :)

3 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I welcome every suggestion and attempt with the goal to increase realism.
Though I doubt that the truck manufacturers would agree to randomly occuring system failures of their trucks, I think it would be a challenging and nice feature to have.

What about for example a burst tire? That is a common sight on highways.

Very good point. Yeah, Tire bursts would be a good addition ! :)

4 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

there will never be a ets3 or ats2.. and this is not about scs but tmp!

i would really like if tmp would implement seasons.. we have winter mod from grime already every year.. why not use the sping and autumn mods too..

OP was talking about nice things SCS could add, so this is definately about SCS and not tmp.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

What SCS should definitely add sooner or later is the aging of vehicles: Even with outstanding care, a truck is simply worn out at some point.

If you compare a brand new truck and one with 2 million kilometers on the speedometer, you will not see any differences ingame.

If you did that in real life, you would notice differences in handling, performance, and fuel consumption.

error.png

This has always been on my mind and many other peoples minds. Most of us have been calling for these features a long time ago but fall of deaf ears.

I want them to let us jump out of the truck and do as you said change tyres if you have puncture, open the front of the truck for repairs. We should be able to get out and fasten the straps on the back of the trailer also, these things should be in the game from day 1 years ago, it's a simulator, if only my straps would automatically tighten by themselves in real life.

The core of the game needs a huge shakup, companies is worth nothing, there is no reason to buy companies in game because it's all flawed with you getting millions in MP. If some other developer came along to make another game which was more realistic I'd drop ETS2 like a shot.

they said it quite often now in nearly every interview ;)

official info: pavel sabor from scs said they want to support ets2 and ats for ever and continue to develop it. there may be a day where every country is done.. than they want to focus on making world of truck into a multiplayer.. so.. scs is still planing on a own multiplayer in the far future.

i think: may or may not they plan on finishing the usa and then maybe adding canada or mexico... atleast.. its "american" truck simulator.. not usa truck simulator.. maybe they have far future plans to add south american contrys too some day.. how knows i dont.. but its very logical to me. :)

sysp-73354.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived