Real Life Trucking

_dekson_

Hi !

I'm trucker in real life and it's a wide subject you know?

Like what job you do? (courtain, reefer, flatbed...)

Where(country or sometimes region) 

If you sleep in your cab

Where you go( just region, national or international)

how much time you are in duty(not home) there you have guys who's home each day ---> weekend ->> 1weekend/2 ->>> or sometimes much more( you have a big choice there)

and for sure your boss?

All of that depend's to calculate you pay !!!

Yeah all of us don't drive at the same title.

Don't forget to do a job you love-it and not just for money ;)  

In America, in New England, you can get paid anywhere between $40,000 and $110,000 a year.

My father works in distribution of pharmaceuticals so currently he makes about $90,000 plus bonuses every year. (Experience pays a lot. The longer you work for a company and the cleaner your record for driving, the higher your chances are to get a raise.)

He used to work in hazmat, where he made about $100,000 a year.

We don't have as many long distance jobs here (relatively speaking :P, my father drives all the way up to Maine, and all the way down through Pennsylvania, and thats an average distance for drivers) but they pay based on how much work you get/do when you are a long distance driver. (Paid by the mile)

Sometimes, other jobs that aren't as long distance pay by the mile as well. At an increased rate, of course.

Also, keep in mind, in America the taxes range by state/area, and that can majorly affect the pay of jobs and how much money you end up with after paying taxes.

I live in a higher tax area so the pay here is up from other areas.

Nobody is actually gonna say how much they get paid. Even some companies say its a classified data between the driver and the company. 

9 hours ago, Cosmin_1997 said:

Hi !

I'm trucker in real life and it's a wide subject you know?

Like what job you do? (courtain, reefer, flatbed...)

Where(country or sometimes region) 

If you sleep in your cab

Where you go( just region, national or international)

how much time you are in duty(not home) there you have guys who's home each day ---> weekend ->> 1weekend/2 ->>> or sometimes much more( you have a big choice there)

and for sure your boss?

All of that depend's to calculate you pay !!!

Yeah all of us don't drive at the same title.

Don't forget to do a job you love-it and not just for money ;)  

Well, I am interested for pays in EU, like driving from Germany to France (example) or Serbia to Spain... I would like to be home for weekend or I can drive every day, I dont have my truck so I would use the company truck, I would do jobs what the company gives to me (products, gas tank, flatbed) and can I drive in EU with the Serbian license or I need EU license?

20 hours ago, Cvelee313 said:

Well, I am interested for pays in EU, like driving from Germany to France (example) or Serbia to Spain... I would like to be home for weekend or I can drive every day, I dont have my truck so I would use the company truck, I would do jobs what the company gives to me (products, gas tank, flatbed) and can I drive in EU with the Serbian license or I need EU license?

Hi @Cvelee313

In EU pays depend on the country your company are and sure your contract!

Doing job you want you will be able to find that in Serbia ( i sesn some serbian trucks sometimes in france)

To be home every week-end doing international isn't really possible but every 2 week-end it's ok

Sure you will use the truck of a company, and the company gives you job's don't worry

Example for me: I have starting trucking in  tipper transport in 2016 and next i go in company to do live-stock transport, next to that i have changed for another one, and in 1/1/18 i have ghanged another time to try reefer and the 1/6/2018 i get back to my second company

My first company was ok... not good but ok, at home every day and turning about 2000E 2200E /month

My second company it's reealy good im turning about 2200E 25000E/ month

My third company was the worst, but the truck was really nice, there i have doing transport in europe scandinavia and north africa but i do 300hours per month with only 3000E 3200E/month

The reefer company it's suck (sorry for reefers) waiting time every day and something around 2700E/mont

And now i get back to my second company and is realy good, i transport live stock every day and i like it :D

3 hours ago, Cosmin_1997 said:

Hi @Cvelee313

In EU pays depend on the country your company are and sure your contract!

Doing job you want you will be able to find that in Serbia ( i sesn some serbian trucks sometimes in france)

To be home every week-end doing international isn't really possible but every 2 week-end it's ok

Sure you will use the truck of a company, and the company gives you job's don't worry

Example for me: I have starting trucking in  tipper transport in 2016 and next i go in company to do live-stock transport, next to that i have changed for another one, and in 1/1/18 i have ghanged another time to try reefer and the 1/6/2018 i get back to my second company

My first company was ok... not good but ok, at home every day and turning about 2000E 2200E /month

My second company it's reealy good im turning about 2200E 25000E/ month

My third company was the worst, but the truck was really nice, there i have doing transport in europe scandinavia and north africa but i do 300hours per month with only 3000E 3200E/month

The reefer company it's suck (sorry for reefers) waiting time every day and something around 2700E/mont

And now i get back to my second company and is realy good, i transport live stock every day and i like it :D

I heard that I need to have "euro code95" license to drive in EU, is that true?Also I would like to drive in that company where is 3000/3200E per month (first i need to finish school xd), also if i drive every single day, can I get for example 5 or 6 days pause and still my salary gets 3000/3200E per month?

Hey, I'm a trucker I work for Bring. I can't say how much I make because of a non-disclosure agreement but we get paid very well for the work we do. We drive inside of Norway only (in my section) anything that leaves Norway surprisingly the drivers have a lower salary. We mostly drive Containers/VBH from terminal to terminal over longer distances (from 1h to 5h usually, there is one route that is 24h). We come home every day after work and get a lot of days off if we drive a lot. The overtime pay is good and the night time extra is good. We use company trucks and we do not have permanent trucks (a few do). We are allowed to buy our own trucks and bring them to work if we wish but no expenses are covered by the company (fuel, maintenance/service, accidents). Overall a great company that takes care of its drivers and pays very good. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Everything is possible! Code 95 is for driving in Europe. It excists out of 3 exams: Traffic & Technics, Administration and Administration cases. (RV1, V2C, V3C) This last one is basicaly the same content as in V2C, but put in stories. (Peter drove 4 hours and 15 minutes, he already took a break of 15 minutes. How long may Peter drive and for how long will he have to take a break before driving again?) Then you get multiple choice answers. Correct answer is 15 minutes driving and 30 minutes break. (Max. Driving non-stop: 4:30 hours. Break:45 minutes. May be split in to once 15 and then 30. Not the other way around!) And total hours allowed on a day is 9 hours of driving with maximum of 10 hours 2x a week. So 2x you may drive 1 hour extra. 

About payment: It depends very, very much where you live. In Holland, international driver will be somewhere between 2800 and 4000 euros. In Poland it's between 1900 and 2500. In Serbia drivers earn around 700 euro. So it really depends. I drive alot from Holland to Norway, i'm at 3500 euros per month. I've heard Norwegian drivers earn a lot more than that. Around 5000. But Norway isn't in the EU and it's one of the most dangerous countries to drive, especially up North in the winter.

51 minutes ago, xhavefunx said:

Everything is possible! Code 95 is for driving in Europe. It excists out of 3 exams: Traffic & Technics, Administration and Administration cases. (RV1, V2C, V3C) This last one is basicaly the same content as in V2C, but put in stories. (Peter drove 4 hours and 15 minutes, he already took a break of 15 minutes. How long may Peter drive and for how long will he have to take a break before driving again?) Then you get multiple choice answers. Correct answer is 15 minutes driving and 30 minutes break. (Max. Driving non-stop: 4:30 hours. Break:45 minutes. May be split in to once 15 and then 30. Not the other way around!) And total hours allowed on a day is 9 hours of driving with maximum of 10 hours 2x a week. So 2x you may drive 1 hour extra. 

About payment: It depends very, very much where you live. In Holland, international driver will be somewhere between 2800 and 4000 euros. In Poland it's between 1900 and 2500. In Serbia drivers earn around 700 euro. So it really depends. I drive alot from Holland to Norway, i'm at 3500 euros per month. I've heard Norwegian drivers earn a lot more than that. Around 5000. But Norway isn't in the EU and it's one of the most dangerous countries to drive, especially up North in the winter.

International driver, you mean you drive from (example) Holland to France and other countries, or only in Holland?

For sure I wont drive trucks in Serbia, its too low money, so I would probably drive in Holland or other countries where the money per month is about 2000 to 4000 euros.

35 minutes ago, xhavefunx said:

Depends where you are from! If you are from Spain and want to drive for a company in Holland you can't expect to be home every week. My Romanian collegues drive 6 weeks, then 1 or 2 weeks home. 

Its alright, since I am young I can drive six weeks its no problem ;) 

I saw some videos about driving in Norway, its quite dangerous, but its a good challenge to try

^ There are drivers around 50 years old who drive 6 months, the European Union made big differences between countries. And Norway is fine in the summer. But in the winter.. you are required to have snowchains. One on the steering axle, on each of the drive axle, and one on both sides of the trailer. It's -30. Your clothes are wet from the snow but it's so cold that it becomes stone hard. Same for your gloves. If your trailer is not loaded correctly; you will crash. Only 3 axle tractors are allowed. You must load as much in the front of the trailer for pressure on the drive axle. When you want to drive away you must raise the axle for more pressure and traction on the drive axle. When starting to drive you must lower it again for more grip. How more wheels are making contact with the surface, the better. You must make sure the diesel in your tank contains Anti-Flok which prevents crystalization of the diesel due to extreme low temperatures. Shell adds this as standard to their diesel. (Or should i say B7 now? :P There are so many things i can tell you.. but it wouldn't be just "a challenge". You'll need some good experience not only in driving, but also problem solving. And remember: You are risking your life. Many drivers died; and not necessarily because of their own impatience; but also someone elses. 

5 minutes ago, xhavefunx said:

^ There are drivers around 50 years old who drive 6 months, the European Union made big differences between countries. And Norway is fine in the summer. But in the winter.. you are required to have snowchains. One on the steering axle, on each of the drive axle, and one on both sides of the trailer. It's -30. Your clothes are wet from the snow but it's so cold that it becomes stone hard. Same for your gloves. If your trailer is not loaded correctly; you will crash. Only 3 axle tractors are allowed. You must load as much in the front of the trailer for pressure on the drive axle. When you want to drive away you must raise the axle for more pressure and traction on the drive axle. When starting to drive you must lower it again for more grip. How more wheels are making contact with the surface, the better. You must make sure the diesel in your tank contains Anti-Flok which prevents crystalization of the diesel due to extreme low temperatures. Shell adds this as standard to their diesel. (Or should i say B7 now? :P There are so many things i can tell you.. but it wouldn't be just "a challenge". You'll need some good experience not only in driving, but also problem solving. And remember: You are risking your life. Many drivers died; and not necessarily because of their own impatience; but also someone elses. 

Damn! Drivers died? I guess I will drive only in Europe where its not that cold :D 

^The video is nothing compared to ones I saw in trucking groups on FB or in real life.

I'm not gonna say in public how much I earn but since I drive in Belgium with ADR and half of my days are nights and I also work some weekends I can assure you you have a good life. Don't know how life and payrates are in Serbia, but most people of your country come drive in our regions for Western-European companies. Before you start with that I gotta say you they have a shitty life.

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

13 hours ago, xhavefunx said:

It happens very fast

Luckily no one got injured or killed in that accident. And I have to say as well, if you didn't get your license in Norway those roads are super dangerous. Most of the people that get into accidents are people who are from foreign countries because they lack the experience and don't get taught how to drive in such environments. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

1 hour ago, NickThe0ne said:

Luckily no one got injured or killed in that accident. And I have to say as well, if you didn't get your license in Norway those roads are super dangerous. Most of the people that get into accidents are people who are from foreign countries because they lack the experience and don't get taught how to drive in such environments. 

Yes, the driver was in the truck but survived. I'm from Holland but we drive every week to north Norway. Even the older guys who have more than 30 years of experience driving there get themselves in trouble sometimes. I know: when driving on such roads, one hand on the wheel, other on the door handle. If it starts slipping jump tf out :lol:

1 hour ago, xhavefunx said:

Yes, the driver was in the truck but survived. I'm from Holland but we drive every week to north Norway. Even the older guys who have more than 30 years of experience driving there get themselves in trouble sometimes. I know: when driving on such roads, one hand on the wheel, other on the door handle.If it starts slipping jump tf out :lol:

Nice advice ;D 

I saw some ADR class also, do I need to pay that so I can have it or ? Can anyone tell me more about it?

Lets face the facts here for a second can't we, the reason to why you get paid what others think is a lot in Norway is because Norway is a really expensive country to live in over all. Sweats in any form has a sugar tax on it and is usually dubble the price of its neighbour country Sweden.

From what I've seen the salary in Norway is usually around everything from 26 000 NOK - 40 000 NOK (2 700 EUR - 4 200 EUR) per month totally depending on what kind of work you do as others have pointed out previously and depending on what the company in question actually is willing to pay. However in Sweden a typical pay from my understanding is around 19 000 SEK - 25 000 SEK (1 800 EUR - 2 400 EUR) so as you can see the difference is quite large depending on what country you live and work in but you also have to keep in mind that the cost of living is also completely different all over the world.

If you want to be a cross border driver that will be rather hard if you actually want to make any money, in Scandinavia in general there isn't many cross border drivers anymore who is Scandinavian as you have the ever growing problem of larger companies using shell companies in cheaper countries and then use drivers from those countries to drive cross border for them. Bring/Posten Norge is one of the biggest companies in Scandinavia behind this and they're actually even being sued at the moment from one of their previous drivers, Bring owns a company in Slovakia called "Bring Trucking AS" which they in turn use to transport cargo for them all around Scandinavia with Slovakian drivers and other nationalities that's cheaper than Scandinavian drivers are, these drivers have stated that they spend months away from home at a time and get paid around 500 EUR per month, imagine trying to survive on that in a Scandinavian country which is much more expensive than what they are used to.

Bring however is of course not alone with doing this, DB Schenker does it too. They use amongst others Bulgarian trucks and drivers to transport their goods between Göteborg and Oslo, the Swedish/Danish PostNord use Vlantana from Latvia as a big operator all across Scandinavia for them.

So to be fair I wouldn't advise you to drive cross border as the pay isn't that well and you'll always have these companies that push the prices so low that their drivers have to pay the price in the end, in my eyes what Bring, Schenker, PostNord and others are doing to the international market is hideous and is advanced slave trade as it's inhumane to do such horrendous things to other human beings as they do.

If you wanna work as a truck driver, drive within your own country, drive a dump truck or something and get home every night. You gotta keep in mind that you work to be able to live, not live to be able to work. I speak with experience when I say I regret so many choices I've made and I regret having a job that means I rarely get to spend time at home.

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Archived