Could someone explain more about the numbers on chassis? Like 4x2, 8x4

Probably many of us don't know what's that meaning (or only me?) but anyway ...

I only know using a Taglift, which the rear wheel can lift up that could save some fuel and useful when turning sharp corners. Also the first number divided by 2 = number of axles.

But other than that, I know nothing.

Not a real problem for car drivers though because you know if you have 4 wheels then the car is good to go. (So don't blame me)

So can someone explain to me what are these configurations (turning wheel, drive wheel, other functions, how many wheels at that axle, pros and cons)?

I don't mind this post become an academic discussion. But since we are playing a simulator, that's something we should know beforehand.

4x2?

6x2?

6x4?

6x2/4?

8x4?

Hello, 

The easiest way to explain it is, 

6X4 means 6 wheel ends and 4 positions distribute power (power divider installed)

6X2 means 6 wheel ends and 2 positions distribute power (single axle drive)

4X0 means 4 wheel ends no power (Trailer axle)

4x2 means 4 Wheel ends, 2 Positions to distribute power

Now the 6 wheel ends can either be wide base singles or duals. They are just talking about the outside of the wheels. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Yes and no, you can know how many wheel ends are on your truck, I drive a 6x4 so then I can know that there is 2 singles at the front and 4 at the back. But because at the back there are dual wheels i would then do 4*2.

The number after the "x" just tells you how many wheels have powered axles

I hope this is understandable :lol:

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

2 hours ago, NickThe0ne said:

Yes and no, you can know how many wheel ends are on your truck, I drive a 6x4 so then I can know that there is 2 singles at the front and 4 at the back. But because at the back there are dual wheels i would then do 4*2.

The number after the "x" just tells you how many wheels have powered axles

I hope this is understandable :lol:

Not quite understand (sorry I am quite stupid at this), but I will try to figure out ...

But what is 6x2/4? How many combinations are there?

^ 6x2/4 is the taglift. When the liftable axle is lowered, it's a 6x4, but when it's not it's a 6x2, as the power from the liftable axle is not being put down to the ground.

To put it short, chassis configurations are based on amount of wheels (2 wheels for each axle) x amount of those wheels which are being powered. For example, 4x2 has 4 wheels, but only 2 of them are putting power to the ground via the drivetrain.

There are so many chassis configurations ranging between 10x4 and 4x2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived