Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How does the Report system work?

Jayk0b

[ETS 2 / EU 2]

I'm curious. It says "Your session is being recorded"

I am driving with my friend, and suddenly a Truck cames from the opposite side of the Highway and drives FULL THROTTLE into me, im damaged 70%+ and im be like? What?

He says "hahahahahahahahahahah....ahahahha"

So i report him for Ramming and Wrong way driving, but suddenly 10 mins later "No action was taken against [NAME]"

I dont wanna start somehting here, i have enough money. Thats not the point.

But it says all sessions are being recorded, doesnt that mean it would be obvious for a moderator working on the reports to see that he left his side of the highway? And crashed full balls into me?

I know i can create tickets to report... but its not worth it EVERY time this happens.

Hello @J4YK0B,

maybe admins review your report. The situation is automatically recorded by the system. If no admin review your report within given time (I think 10 or 15 minutes) the report including system video will be deleted & you'll get message "No action was taken against player...".

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Hai,

First of all, thank you for starting a Discussion in the "General Discussion" area. If you report someone In-Game and nobody claims it, then your report will likely get deleted after the 10-minute mark has passed. This is to prevent a report-flood or there would be thousands of reports In-Game. Either way, I would highly recommend recording your Gameplay to report him on the Website. Every Web-report will get dealt with, no report goes unchecked. 

13 minutes ago, J4YK0B said:

I know i can create tickets to report... but its not worth it EVERY time this happens.

It is definitely worth if the respective person gets banned. Some of them actually learn after they get banned. If you don't want to report him then move on and simply ignore him. Also, remember that you're not the only one reporting people In-Game. There is a queue of reports which have to be dealt with and if they can't get to yours, then it will timeout.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

I know the feel! None of the in-game reports I have ever sent were claimed althought I ONLY report them when they are seriously (like seriously) abusing the rules!
Sometimes it just feels like there are no game moderators at all (talking about EU2). It's understandable that there are waaay too many reports being sent all the time but still..

Our only option is to record everytime we play and if something happens to post a report on the website which gets annoying after the 5-10th report (eventually rendering - uploading - posting a report - waiting for response).
Hopefully after the current recruitment there will be more motivated and active moderators who will be dealing better with the reports but who knows:mellow:

And as @weezy said it's totally worth it to get those trolls punished so eventually they will change themselves after that.

When you report in-game, a moderator can choose to view your report. The moderator will then be able to look at everything that happened, and ban the player if he/she violated the rules. However, there are many reports at the same time and the mods don't have time to look through all of them. Therefore, you will often receive the message "no action was taken against [NAME]". If you file a report at the TruckersMP website, you will need evidence and the TMP id to the player. My advice is to record while your driving, and report the worst cases when you have time for it.

The best thing you can do is just record while driving and report rule breaking actions on the website. In that way the admins can stay in busy areas and help people there so busy (cross)roads don't get stuck and you also help yourself because there will always be taken action against people who broke the rules. And I must say reports on the website get a faster and more correct response than a few months ago, good work admin and moderator team keep it up!

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, J4YK0B said:

but suddenly 10 mins later "No action was taken against [NAME]"

Hello :) 

It means: 

The reports from the in game-reporting system are queued up. They have to be claimed by a Game Moderator within ten minutes, otherwise they will get deleted and the creator of the report will get the message in the chat that no action was taken. Since Game Moderators are really busy at prime time and usually there's quite many reports coming in at once, the chances are pretty high that it won't get claimed in time, therefore you see this message quite often. 

Obviously you can report online which will always be dealt with: https://truckersmp.com/reports

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived