forum for server outages

ShadowWolf2k7

Suggestion Name: forum for server outages

Suggestion Description: a forum for when servers are going to be down

Any example images: none avalible at this time

Why should it be added?:I know this has been suggested before, and by myself at that. i was told that it would take time. but I still think that this should be added as either a forum or even a sub forum. it could explain why the server is taken off line, be it for maintance or  for other reasons. it would help people understand what is going on when the only server someone can play on is not online.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ShadowWolf,

As this could possibly be implemented, I will open this suggestion for discussion.

However since you posted this in the wrong section, I will move it to the right one for you :)

Opened this suggestion for Discussion.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think that will be useless and as Vanellus said, waste of money as on this forum there's function when staff announces something and there's like warning everywhere about some changes like there was during Dark Night event. 
Also, about decreasing the amount of questions like when will server be fixed as Santa Claus said, that's work of Support, they should help people and answer to their questions. 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Vanellus said:

I think it would be completely useless. You can check server outages on the website. It's waste of money and time. 

yes, there is a location to see server outages, but does it tell you why it is down?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:18 AM, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Well, I think that will be useless and as Vanellus said, waste of money as on this forum there's function when staff announces something and there's like warning everywhere about some changes like there was during Dark Night event. 
Also, about decreasing the amount of questions like when will server be fixed as Santa Claus said, that's work of Support, they should help people and answer to their questions. 

yes, they do put up announcements, yet they do not tell us why a server was taken down.

I respect both your opinions, but still feel that they can put up a sub forum telling us why a server was taken down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Wolf_.

when I play I can only play on 1 server for ATS and that is the US server. the reason I can not play on other servers is due to only 1 ISP which is a horrible ISP. the last time that the US server for ATS went down it was down for almost a month. there was no word as to why it was taken down. however there were a fair amount of people asking why it had been taken down with no answer, also people asking when it was going to be back up and the only response was just wait. 

when the EU servers for ETS goes down there is an uproar, but when the US ATS server goes down its an oh well to bad for you, or go play on the EU server.

will this cost more money. no. will it cost time, only when a server is taken down.

when the ETS servers ever go down, remember don't ask why it went down, don't look on the forums, just wait, maybe with in a month it will be back up.

I can see your point, but maybe there's no need to create new sub-forums for this. The Server Status page could add a small note in case a server has to be taken offline for whatever reasons, with a brief explanation of the issue and the estimated time, if any, for its resolution. Something static to let people know what's going on and that it's being taken care of. Creating a forum or subforum would solve nothing, only people would flood it with "Any news?" "When will it be up?"

Something like this (It's just an example, I have no idea about what is going on with the SA server or when/if it will come back online):

Spoiler
12.09.2018-05.44.45

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. After reconsidering this suggestion, we have decided not to accept it. 

The reason for this is that the forums aren't needed for this, and the website could easily also show this as we now have announcements on there as well.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions