Changes to the recruitment system

Prime

42 minutes ago, PorscheGT3 said:

Surely this rule punishes veteran drivers, and more experienced players (aka the people better qualified for positions in the team) more than new players?  I have had more than three bans, with most being two years ago, yet I can't give my experience and knowledge to the support team anymore - even though the role isn't connected at all to in game behaviour. For a game mod position, maybe it makes more sense, but I don't see how number of bans is connected to people on the support team, events team, add on team etc.

Someone being registered for a few years doesn't mean they are a better fit for the team than someone that has only registered for 6 months.

• True Story 2

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

34 minutes ago, RichManSCTV said:

Great update! Unfortunately I should read better as I did not know you had to be active on the forms to be an in game mod. Oh well, guess I should be more active on here!

I know right, I’ve tried to be active on here by posting videos I’ve made but they would get deleted right away after I posted them !! 

@Prime,

thank you for the update.

Could you please explain in detail why up to three (3) records in the punishment history have been considered as a reference to pass the first stage of application?
In particular I am interested in your opinion about how exactly an applicants qualification with three (3) records differs from an applicants qualification with four (4) or more records in his/ her punishment history.
At the moment, I must assume that the difference must be severe.

@Prime this update is very very bad for many users who have a really big reputation & are known by many many players.

Example because the system is bad:

Until 2015 every user could be banned with reason "AFK at EP" or "Overtaking at EP". Now you cannot get banned for this.

Please @Prime, edit the system, that all bans until 2016 or 2017 will not counted because there were many old and unnecessary rules. "Parking at EP" shouldn't be a reason for count this in the maximum of 3 bans which everybody can have to apply in recruitments!

• True Story 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

2 hours ago, grundi2601 said:

@Prime this update is very very bad for many users who have a really big reputation & are known by many many players.

Until 2015 every user could be banned with reason "AFK at EP" or "Overtaking at EP". Now you cannot get banned for this.

Please @Prime, edit the system, that all bans until 2016 or 2017 will not counted because there were many old and unnecessary rules. "Parking at EP" shouldn't be a reason for count this in the maximum of 3 bans which everybody can have to apply in recruitments!

CD Road of 2018 turned into the EP of 2016. Not too sure about AFK (though I believe AFK/Parking is just a kick now? Don't quote me..) but Inappropriate Overtaking on CD (and anywhere for that matter) still leads to a ban, which is what Overtaking bans at EP in 2016 were aimed at as well.

And just because it isn't a rule now, doesn't mean it shouldn't count as a ban...you were banned because you violated established rules at the time. Doesn't matter when that time was, at one point there was a rule and you violated it.

• True Story 1

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Why no mention about the time restriction that changed from 3 months, 50 posts to 12 months? This is just weird since no one mentions anything about it...
I think everyone should have an equal chance even if they just play 1/4 of a year, 1/2 of a year or a full year...
The recruited person must prove afterwards and during the application he will be active enough.

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

3 Bans? Not enough to tell if someone is learning or not. Maybe 8 or 9. What if I have a ban with no remaining evidence, or without any evidence whatsoever? How is it fair to judge someone on something that simply cannot be judged? (Yes I made a feedback ticket about an old ban that I don't believe has ever had evidence, waiting for it to be gotten to)

My two most recent bans are because I had been having a terrible few weeks, and, in one of them I was even ATTEMPTING TO AVOID the accident. Of course, the admin didn't care about the appeal, simply giving me a copy and paste response and locking the appeal.

I admit I shouldn't have been playing if I were to be stressed out for my other ban, but I accept that I made a mistake.

Does it really seem like I should still be not allowed because I have 4 bans? I don't think its fair whatsoever.

To accept people with multiple bans for this long, and then to suddenly change it because of "controversy" is ridiculous. In my opinion this change is making more controversy about the topic than it was before.

Also, Really ironic how many of the staff members hide their ban history..

"Hey, you accidentally caused an accident more than 3 times. I guess we have to say you can never do anything for the community"

If you're going to ask the community for feedback on those questions, then you should also ask them how many bans is too many. I'd rather have a community based answer than a forced (and unfair to many people) staff only decision.

Hello.

At the beginning I would like to say that this is a reasonably good decision with this change. Many people write that they have a lot of bans and won't be able to join the team. I have 2 bans for now. Everyone makes mistakes. But if someone wanted to join the team form the beginning, he is trying and won't get a lot of bans. 

Unfortunately we have to watch, because a few mistakes can destroy us. Only 3 bans aren't enough? Maybe there should be some exceptions.?

On 9/29/2018 at 10:01 PM, Prime said:

we have received many remarks on team members having 1 or more bans

1 or more bans... Why you changed the maximum value of bans to 3 bans? If new Team members will have 3 bans, it will continue to upset users. The new "rule" is useless.

You can also decline applications with 3 or more bans WITHOUT this rule!

Simple Example: Recruitment for Support Team Member

"Player A" has 3000 forum posts, 2500 reputation, is activ every day. Bans (older then 1 year): 4

"Player B" has 120 forum posts, 30 reputation, is active about 4 days/week. Bans (older then 1 year): 2

Result without the rule:

"Player A" will most likely accepted because of high post & rep count.
"Player B" will maybe not accepted because low content & rep count (unlike "Player A")

Result with the rule:

"Player A" will declined. High post count & Reputation are useless for the user if goal is to be a good team member.

"Player B" will maybe accepted because "Player A" has more (too much bans) bans than "Player B", although "Player A" has a lot less forum post & rep count.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Hello, @Simulator Experiencer :)

1 hour ago, Simulator Experiencer said:

do the bans in yellow count? 

Yes.

It doesn't matter what the color is(except red dots).

On 9/30/2018 at 5:01 AM, Prime said:

the management team have decided to set the maximum amount of bans you can have as a candidate to join to 3 bans all time. This includes all active and expired bans that have an end date older than 1 year (bans that have been deleted by management are not counted). To make it easier for team managers during the recruitment process the system will automatically block all applications in which a candidate has more than 3 bans. As a result a candidate will not be able to save his/her application if he/she has more than 3 bans registered.

As you can see,

All bans marked on your punishment history(except the red ones) are going to be considered when you try to submit your applications via here.

** if you don't know well about the red dots, please refer to this post.

I hope this reply helps you. 

Thank you.

• True Story 1

On 9/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, grundi2601 said:

You still can get banned for Inapropriate Overtaking which basically is Overtaking at EP. We just don’t had the Inappropriate Overtaking Rule back in this time. 

Anyway back in this time, Overtaking at EP and AFK at EP was valid Ban Reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Bonnm said:

You still can get banned for Inapropriate Overtaking which basically is Overtaking at EP. We just don’t had the Inappropriate Overtaking Rule back in this time. 

Anyway back in this time, Overtaking at EP and AFK at EP was valid Ban Reasons. 

Okay, you're right. But @Bonnm, these offenses will treated indifferently like Wrong Way, Ramming, Blocking??? Example: I (Player "A") have 4 bans (4x parking at EP). This is then equal to an application from user (Player "B") with 4 bans (2x wrong way, blocking, ramming)? I mean if this new system (max. 3 bans) had NOT been released, the staff could nevertheless accept or decline applications like from "B" because the punishments of "A" aren't that bad as from "B".

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Hi I think recruitment bans should be a max of 3 bans in one year or a max of 5 bans over three years no more then that so a player can have one ban one year then could have two or three bans the next year & one or two bans the third year