Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Anyone else use mouse steering?

dragonslayingmaster1000

I don't have a wheel or pedals so I switched to mouse steering a couple months ago and it's so much better than the keyboard steering. If you're wondering about my controls I use left and right mouse buttons to look left and right and use middle mouse to go back to interior view. I use this setup because I don't like rotating the view by holding right mouse button because it restricts your steering. Other controls I use are scroll wheel up and down for retarder, a and d buttons for indicators, keep c for cruise control, q to decrease cruise control, e to increase (which overwrites engine button so I set that to R). Also an important thing is the steering sensitivity, I suggest having it around 1/6 or 1/5 of the way up because it works best in my opinion.

Also feel free to share your keybinds/setup if you do use mouse steering.

Hello there,

Thank you for creating a topic on how many people use the mouse in the SCS games, it's really appreciated! However, I am going to move this topic to General Discussion because this topic is related to people mouse steering on either of the two games.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. 

//Moved to General Discussion

When I play with mouse steering activated, I use to configure the buttons as follows:

Gas: W

Brake: S

Left blinker: A

Right blinker: D

Camera left: LMB

Camera right: RMB

Interior camera: 1

Cruise control increase: Mouse wheel UP

Cruise control decrease: Mouse wheel DOWN

3 hours ago, TW-LinCH said:

How to get the mouse steering to get started quickly,I always let the truck roll over:wacko:

You need to not steer so much at high speeds or else it will tip over, that's just how trucks work. You're probably used to the keyboard steering which makes it impossible to tip over due to the restricted steering.

Before I got a steering wheel I always used mouse steering. I used a logitech g402, and A and D on my keyboard as left and right indicators. It was pretty good, but I felt like I had more control with a steering wheel. However, I would most likely crash if I used my keyboard as steering.

I have a G502 mouse and it is very handy while driving.

LMB: Brake

RMB: Accelerate

Center: Horn

Scroll Down: Left Turn Indicator

Scroll Up: Right Turn Indicator

Center-Left: Shift Down Hint (Automatic Transmission)

Center-Right: Shift Up Hint (Automatic Transmission)

Button 4: Light Horn

Button 5: Air Horn

G-Shift: Engine Brake Trigger (Logitech G-Shift Button)

Button 9: Hazard Light

So with a mouse, I can basically do everything compared to a wheel. And it is a cheaper solution which gives you a pretty precise turning.

generally i use keyboard but yesterday i desided to turn with mouse it's a litle bit better but it's very hard i don't use any buttons on the mouse all my buttons are at the keyboard and... i don't know how you guys turn with mouse but yesterday i hit one guy because i had to turn fast but i used for first time the mouse and... the guy told me that he would ban me no matter that i say sorry pls :wacko:

W = Forward

S = Brake

Q = Left Blinker

E = Right Blinker

Numpad Enter = Engine

MMB = Quicksave (highly recommend using this option)

DPI 1040. I know that's crazy, but it allows me to get a better grip of my truck.

Archived