Where is the driving manners?

PacanasLT

So today, i had a casual drive from Duisburg to Calais with my slow new Volvo. I was letting people in, i let them overtake me, waited in Calais-Duisburg intersection for everyone to go, to make the jam smaller, but no one thanked me, I rarely see people even say sorry. People drive away, like just nothing happened. Everyone seems to be in a rush, doesn't let anyone in, drives like maniacs and tries to overtake when it isn't possible. I started wondering about people nowadays, my parents tought me about driving manners, why is everyone so impolite?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Welcome to this game community. Most players are friendly.

By the way, the road from Calais to Duisburg is the worst, of course, some people like to pursue fun

In this multiplayer game, people are of different ages, some adults and some children

Happy driving!

On the way Calais-Duisburg people very rarely congratulate this is one in a million so do not be surprised! ;)

On the Calais-Duisburg road I have 12 bans this  road is not for serious people .;)

• Web Developer

TruckersMP is  only a multiplayer game like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Dota, Overwatch etc, where you can play with real persons, who are living around the world.

I'm not if you have ever played any multiplayer game before. If yes, then you should probably know, how some online gamings communities are treating another players. How many people you can meet, who say "thank you" or "sorry" in Fortnite for example?

Every gaming community / multiplayer game has different people. Most (hopefully) of them are kind, mature and want to have fun with other gamers. But, unfortunately there is also a group, who likes to insult and ruin other's user fun.

In TruckersMP you can still find MANY nice people. Here on the forum for example. I'd also recommend you to try other roads than C-D. C-D is only a troll's place ( Not everyone is a troll of course). 

Have fun and drive Safe :) 

Kind Regards

51 minutes ago, PacanasLT said:

So today, i had a casual drive from Duisburg to Calais with my slow new Volvo. I was letting people in, i let them overtake me, waited in Calais-Duisburg intersection for everyone to go, to make the jam smaller, but no one thanked me, I rarely see people even say sorry. People drive away, like just nothing happened. Everyone seems to be in a rush, doesn't let anyone in, drives like maniacs and tries to overtake when it isn't possible. I started wondering about people nowadays, my parents tought me about driving manners, why is everyone so impolite?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

First of all, you don't have to apologize for your English. Your English is very good. :)

People (including me) should be aware that the Calais-Duisburg road is a chaos. People won't care even when you're driving with the police car (friend btw not me). I have lost faith as people never learn and I don't really think that it will change in the near future. You made a very good point. Quick example: Somebody is starting to overtake me with oncoming traffic, I slow down and let him in to avoid an accident but they're just driving away instead of thanking for the maneuver.  I've actually witnessed a few incidents where people stopped on the right side just to say a quick "Thank you". Same with people intentionally ramming me. I really don't care if they cause my truck to flip or if they collide head-to-head with me, a quick "I'm sorry" would prevent me from reporting them. People really can't wait and they are getting impatient and sometimes I do get impatient too but I just quit the game if that happens. They most likely have several accounts so it doesn't really matter if they get banned or not. I got honked, flashed and reported for yielding people who came from the Brussel highway aka. the well known Brussel intersection. I mean there is a "give-way" sign right next to them but they don't really know the road-signs. This is another problem in my opinion.  I've actually seen very good drivers on the Calais-Duisburg road but more than 50% are just there to overtake, troll or cause chaos. A quick example would be people intentionally blocking roads with their trailers. I still don't know till this day how that is supposed to be funny. You pretty much have to live with it and there is nothing you can really do. I could report so many people for ramming, trolling or reckless driving but I don't since it won't really help. They just delete their account and get another one and then do the same thing. Good to know that there are people like you who really make this game better. Unfortunately, there aren't more people like you or the Calais-Duisburg road would be a paradise. I usually drive on the Calais-Duisburg road on a daily basis as if it is a daily routine to me. If somebody rams me then I usually press F7+enter or just ignore him as giving him attention won't really help and will most likely make the incident even worse. My final advice for everyone driving on the Calais-Duisburg road: If you come across someone who is ramming, trolling or doing anything against the rules, then either report them In-Game and move on or report them on the Website. Some people really learn after getting banned. If you've driven more than enough on the road, then you will get used to those who drive like that. Coming to the end, I usually record those driving like a maniac, but I don't really do anything since I can't really waste my time reporting people over and over as they don't really learn (except a few). Either avoid the road or live with the fact that you will be rammed a few times. Classic.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

@PacanasLT The answer to your question could be "You will find them mostly in EU#1 server". It's the one with a forced speed limit at 110 Km/h, cars are not allowed there, so most kids, NFS fans, trolls and "idiots on the road" will never use that server. Players who use it are usually those who look for the simulation aspect of the game, they are usually the most respectful ones you'll find in TMP, following not only the game's rules, but the real rules of driving: speed limits, traffic lights and signs, etc. The only problem is that these kind of players are maybe 5% of the MP population, making the server to be almost empty and very difficult to meet other drivers on the roads.

Other than that, good manners in EU#2 and especially in the C-D road are like the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Traffic Jam + Trolls + Anger + Risk get banned vs Peaceful + Ghost City + Alone + "Single Player"

Both make me lost the motivation to play this game. But if I have to choose, I choose the latter. No one will thank you because they think "Fast is everything" there. If you are slightly slower than them, they will just ram you "Never try to block my way again, NOOB".

To describe how brainless and contradicted they are:

1. 1x1 roads are not for driving at 150km/h. Highways aren't quite either but at least someone can have space to give way.

2. Enjoy C-D road's traffic jam by staying in line. You will move eventually. But not to overtake through the oncoming traffic.

3. If you are in a hurry, pick another road. You can't enjoy traffic but in a hurry. You must pick either one.

Hello There

Yeah, some people don't thank you. But there are good people.

Have a nice day!

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Calais-Duisburg is definitely the wrong place to look for respect and good manners.
These areas might look attractive as they provide the most traffic. The downside is however that you will meet exactly the kind of figures you described in your post:
reckless, ignorant, self-centered and unthankful.

As many others have pointed out before, there are areas and servers that provide a way better game experience, and I advise you to check them out.
TruckersMP is more than Calais-Duisburg.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived