madalexgaming33

Why has the trailer stability changed?

Hi,

Im sure that this isnt the first topic about trailer stability but can someone explain to me why the trailer stability has changed. It is getting frustrating that I go round a corner and i tip. I have got trailier stability all the way and I shouldnt be tipping - why has truckers mp messed with something that already works fine? 

Guest CroTruck

This is a question for SCS Software. Im certain Add-On team did not change anything or the Devs

Realism.

Great change too. I have no issues navigating corners at 15-20km/h or taking motorway bends at 80km/h. You're playing a game that's supposed to be approached from a simulation standpoint. :truestory:

Edited by JeffSFC
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

5 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

Realism.

Great change too. I have no issues navigating corners at 15-20km/h or taking motorway bends at 80km/h. You're playing a game that's supposed to be approached from a simulation standpoint. :truestory:

Same. I agree with this change. Turning & cornering at blasting speeds is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

7 minutes ago, Digital said:

SCS changed this for 1.32, you need to slow down the corners. That's just common sense for trucking.

Even at 50 they go over, its worse with steering axles. But i guess nothing can be done to get around it if its SCS! Yet people still insist on doing 93mph & then dramatically loose it. I mean i like to go fast but its knowing where to open up, a truck tipped over where i live doing 40 on a roundabout. I hate to say it but i think SCS are starting to push the " realism " factor into place, maybe people will start to slow down.....naa who am i kidding, expect lots of pileups! 

Guest Purtinyo*

To slow down the corners as digital said :)

The reason is Realism

İf you can't control this, you can change your trailer stability code.

1)Open console 2)Write "g_trailer_stability 'number'" 3)Push enter 

I'm using 5 number stability.Best regards.

B4nshee

It depends on how you have the trailer stability slider, I have it around 1/4 or 1/3 of the way and I need to slow down to about 80 around the corners on CD road. I like it because it makes the game realistic but one thing is even the cars will flip over just like the trucks which is so unrealistic.

Guest Miyu*

I vote up to SCS. They just improved the reality to the game. If you were able to clear the corner at that speed before the update, you were way too fast and probably a reckless driver (not skilled). This is not a racing game, if you are really need for speed then play need for speed. I vote up too all improvements that will increase the game reality of a simulator.

SCS added this for more realism, You can change the trailer stability under game play settings though...

https://imgur.com/a/fO9GmyE

(note: this is the configuration SCS copied from 1.31 on my settings, I changed it afterwards to the 1.32 config of 0.5  (50%) instead of 1 (100%))

8 hours ago, B4nshee said:

The reason is Realism

İf you can't control this, you can change your trailer stability code.

1)Open console 2)Write "g_trailer_stability 'number'" 3)Push enter 

I'm using 5 number stability.Best regards.

B4nshee

Try it on -2. Yes, MINUS 2.

• Haha 1

Guest Miyu*
5 minutes ago, DavinaETS said:

Try it on -2. Yes, MINUS 2.

I have a bad feeling on it ...

It Makes The Game More Realistic. You Are Supposed To Be At The Speed Limit And If The Corner Is A Bit Tight, You Can Slow Down To Prevent Tipping Which Will Prevent Accidents.

• Upvote 2

This is great, I like that they have added some realism. After the update I have seen many players streaming past me and then 100m later I see them tipped over on the side of the road

• Haha 3