Double Trailers, reduce or remove area of auto-kick

Glada_Laxen

Suggestion Name:

Reduce or remove the area of auto-kick for Double Trailers. 

Suggestion Description:

The best to me would be to completely remove the auto-kick and allow players to use Double-Trailers in all of Europe. Before this Auto-Kick was put in place, we had several users drive on these roads, and there was no issue with this. We have also previously had players use Heavy Cargo, which in my opinion is more difficult to drive than these Double-Trailers. But, if that is not a possibility, I'd at least like the area of the auto-kick to be reduced, as seen below; 

I think it will benefit the community if Double Trailers were allowed more in Central Europe, I will tell you why below "Why should it be added?"

But as a description of this suggestion, to reduce the auto-kick for Double Trailers and allow players to drive more freely in your mod. 

I am also using this image as reference to where you can and cannot drive with Double Trailers, as it is the only illustration we have been given.

Below I have added an image with green layer on-top of said illustration showing where I think Double Trailers should be allowed. I'd also like to add that a small bit of Calais - Duisburg road is made green on my illustration, that is because Euro Truck Simulator 2's map is not built to take "an alternative route", there are mostly highways in ETS2 and not small rounds going around. That is why I think it is important to allow Double Trailers to use the highway going south of Calais, but only from there allowed to travel towards Lille, or the other way to Calais Railroad. 

Any example images

RlK8Ss0.png

Why should it be added?

• Allowing players to use Double Trailers more would take players away from typical busy cities and routes, like Calais - Duisburg and the cities nearby. Meaning the player-base would be more spread instead of everyone just driving in the same area. 
  • It's rude and toxic to auto-kick players for no valid reason. They are well away from the majority of players driving on C-D, so let them be. If that is the argument. 
  • I think the area where you cannot drive Double Trailers is way too big, unnecessarily big. Just looking at the traffic statistics you can clearly see that, for example, Hamburg is almost completely empty, so why limit players from travelling there? It's just toxic to create auto-kicks that don't do anything good for the players, or the server even. The only place that actually needs this auto-kick is Amsterdam, Brussel, Calais, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Rotterdam, and of course all the roads leading to and between these cities.
  • I also sometimes use the boat to travel quickly, for example I would take the boat from Esbjerg, to Hull, to Europoort and then to Harwich. So, I'd like to see Europoort open for Double-Trailers, only to pass through. 

(Also, before you decide to trash my suggestion; this suggestion is also to reduce the area of auto-kick, not just to remove as seen in another suggestion made earlier.)

• Upvote 4
  • HaulieCry 1

SHeDTix.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time and writing this suggestion. We will not lift the restriction from the area purely based on the fact that the area is very populated and there would be more problems arising than benefits from players driving there uselessly - you cannot take a load out of Scandinavia by default. Allowing players to use those Double trailers in that area will certainly not reduce traffic, but increase it. Having the player-base spreading around the map is more likely with this restriction in place. 

As to reducing the area, currently there are no plans of doing so. The area was created through map coordinates that when joined up, they included few more cities, however as of now it will not be reduced. It's too complex to create a custom area just to restrict a single road. 

/Rejected.

Q9n6SSI.png

• Kap. locked this topic