New game mode ( TruckersMP official YT )

Ghostprotocol[NL]

I personally am not all that hyped about it to be honest - Although, I could see why people would. 

What I am saying here is not confirmed, and is just what I think will happen.

So, AI with TruckersMP could be added for sure; I can understand why some people would like it actually. However, simply adding AI traffic to, I dunno, EU2, would cause utter chaos; Both in game & strain on the server.

Mixing over 1000+ players with AI could be very problematic. For one, people would probably have many issues such as just ramming AI traffic completely off the road. 

Strain on the local machine but also on the server to sync all players but also all the AI traffic at the same time. 

Personally, I think this will be a Bus Sim 18 type game mode. So all the AI traffic are synced up, however, there are only around 4 ish players within each game. This would put a lot less strain on the server and the clients PC.

I enjoy driving and knowing that real people are driving past me gives me a sense of satisfaction. :D

12 hours ago, [TST] Sam said:

I personally am not all that hyped about it to be honest - Although, I could see why people would. 

What I am saying here is not confirmed, and is just what I think will happen.

So, AI with TruckersMP could be added for sure; I can understand why some people would like it actually. However, simply adding AI traffic to, I dunno, EU2, would cause utter chaos; Both in game & strain on the server.

Mixing over 1000+ players with AI could be very problematic. For one, people would probably have many issues such as just ramming AI traffic completely off the road. 

Strain on the local machine but also on the server to sync all players but also all the AI traffic at the same time. 

Personally, I think this will be a Bus Sim 18 type game mode. So all the AI traffic are synced up, however, there are only around 4 ish players within each game. This would put a lot less strain on the server and the clients PC.

I enjoy driving and knowing that real people are driving past me gives me a sense of satisfaction. :D

Yeah i think the same. But maybe its also possible to host a game and friends can join this session. I definitely see a lot of potential here. I like to be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived