Accidentally got kicked caused by AFK

[IDN] Hastantyo

Question

I don't know this is the new rule, and I see this was embedded into the system. This new rule can be good for some reason, but can be not good too. I've counted the time, there is only 10 minutes for AFK time compensation.

"If you don't move from your place for 10 minutes, you automatically got kicked by the system."

Why is that? Why? Why?

Why I can't go free AFK on the NCz for more than 10 minutes? Seriously, in NCz zone??

Why I must go re-log from beginning when I accidentally got kicked caused by AFK?

Why I must move my truck every 5 minutes avoiding the "Automatic kicking" besides that I must waiting some of my friends for a convoy or gathering event or taking photos or recording a timelapse video??

I just can't go back (re-log) by loading the profile after I got kicked (accidentally). I must quit the entire game, and start everythings from beginning. Like inputting username and password, then loading the profile, then loading to the main game (map). It takes quite tiiiimeee maaaan. How about people who suffer with cheap computers? It can takes more than 10 minutes to pass those loading time.

Honestly, I feel uncomfortable with this.  :( 

I know that this rule might help you (admins) reducing people which got AFK on road. Or maybe decreasing the memory use from server by user number limit. But not all of them (AFK) would disturb others like blocking the road or everything else. Many of them just go proper parking, and they not really go AFK. Like I've said above, you never be able to guess what AFK people doing.

10 minutes is not enough. The system can't define which people AFK on the road with people that parked safely in "NCz" Zone. It can't be helpful for you (admins) to remove the real AFK on the road. Only you can define which is which. Besides, many people still helping you by giving reports right? So, what else?  :)

• Upvote 1

10 answers to this question

I was also modifying my truck in the truck shop and I got kicked for being AFK (because the truck is standing still).

Is this true? Oh man I feel sorry about that. It never happen to me yet, but this is sad. Yeah another things like modifying trucks, or maybe managing garages, trucks, drivers, which takes more than 10 minutes will be kicked automatically from the system. This is quite uncomfortable.

I understand there is a good reason to do it (to counter trolls who just park to block and afk) but only 10 minutes also hit the normal users a lot imo. Didn't get kicked yet but I do know I tend to spend more than 10 minutes upgrading/painting my truck so it's a matter of time :P

Excluding no collision zones would already be a great improvement imo (still far from perfect but I guess it's nearly impossible to excluding all legit spots to stand still).

Nobody like campers in any game :P

Pointless to camp and wasteing the server space if you do some other stuff that take more then 10min you already should disconnect.

You can do service on singleplayer or offline mode data will be not lost and you still have a lot of time before kick.