Controller Steering input physics mod

Private TigerUK

Question

Hi all,

I'm a long timer player but a newbie to this very interesting life of truckersmp and the online trucking world. Very cool!!

I use a PS3 controller - I hated the way the steering input was so restrictive with the controller. By that I mean having to do 3mph until you it would get more lock on. It's horrible. 

I made a very simple mod where I made adjustments to the steering section of def/vehicle/physics.sii 

I assume that there is no way at all I can do this while playing on truckersmp? I wanted to double check that there is no alternate solution or something I'm missing.. I assume all mods are blocked and as this is a physics edit there is no hope for me I'll have to put up with SCS's silly setting? 

7 answers to this question

Yes. You will only be able to modify some things in the game. By default Mp disables mods because it can cause problems for other players or icompatibility with the server. But you can find information of modifications in this link that I will send just below. 

https://truckersmp.com/rules 

§3 - Save editing rules

§3.1 - Truck modding

Hello @RoosterCruser,

trust me, it is the best thing to steer with your mouse and drive with your W and S. It's too hard with controller because you can't control how much and how fast are you going to turn your wheel.

Best Regards,

WentworthHFD

Hi there community,

Thank you to everyone who has replied to this topic so far!

And to you @RoosterCruser for posting this thread. Please do not forget that we are always curious to know if your problem has been solved or if you still need further assistance from me and the rest of the community members. Please keep in mind that if you fail to inform us of this information, we will have no choice but to move your topic with the rest of the inactive topics. So, has your problem been solved or no?

Lastly, I would like to give you a warm welcome to the TruckersMP Forums! I am pleased to see so many new users!

Thank you for understanding.

Kindest Regards,