Chaos in Calais

di9girl

Hi everyone, so I've been playing MP about a week now (but the games a few weeks longer).

Yesterday, for the first time in MP, my route took me into Calais.  Oh my gosh, it was chaotic.  It wasn't the busy, it was the crazy stupid reckless driving.  I'm afraid to say 90% of the other drivers either flat out wrecked people, flashed you like mad from behind if you dared to stop at a red light, cut infront of you and had no regard for rules of the road.  My load went from 0% damaged to 22% damaged by the time I got out.

I don't have a camera running, I didn't catch the ID's of those driving like fools but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this?  It was like a huge demolition derby.

Note to self: avoid Calais!!!!!

That "note to self" is the best outcome from your experience. Since some youtubers made popular the road between Calais and Duisburg with their "Idiots on the road" videos, it seems that most of the TMP players are willing to be included in that category, both cities and the road are an almost constant chaos in EU#2. And there's an additional problem: If your truck gets damaged and you decide to hit F7 to go to the repair station... Best way out is exiting the game and connecting to a different server or launch SP to get away. I remember staying for 20-25 minutes inside the repair station, peak hour. Didn't even try to exit, just went into free camera to watch how stupid most players are. They kept trying to go out all at the same time, while lots of others were trying to come in. Result: Most of them just ended having to F7 again to recover their trucks after being rolled over or sent into the ground/flying away.

Coming from SP, it's understandable why most people here in the forums call the NP vehicles as AI instead of NP or bots... IMO, the computer controlled drivers in SP are a lot more intelligent than most of their human counterparts in MP :lol:

there is not a day if Calais-duisburg is empty and there is every face that likes to make ready that it would rain then flee these cities kkkkkkkkk

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

The only time CD is slightly dead is when SCS releases a new update and TMP takes about a week to adapt it.

Welcome to the Calasis-Duisburg Road, or as i call it "The warzone". If you are even thinking about going that way, make sure you have the following things:

• A video recorder for the /pinfo of the player(s) who rams, blocks, or overtakes in a high population area. You can also use the clip and share it with Youtube and the community.
  • Lots of money. 85% of the time, your truck and/or trailer will take damage that will require you to repair (if you are doing quick job, make sure you have the economy loaded).
  • Lots of patience. You are bound to get stuck in a traffic jam somewhere on the road (especially as you get near the Rotterdam-Brussel highway).

If you have a scout car (skoda) or not a trailer, don't be adding useless traffic.

I have some videos when i was in the CD Chaos:

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk4FvVg9BilpiBk6YmgtnlVODCw8MaMW2 (Mid 2017-Early 2018)

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk4FvVg9Bilpe_0V9PVn2zMwtpDXOE3BS (Late 2016-Mid 2017)

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk4FvVg9Bilph3Juloppcx_UtYWUbSeYv (Early 2016-Late 2016)

As you can see, the stuff i said you will need comes into massive play in the warzone.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Yes, I'm probably going to avoid Calais, haven't been to Duisburg yet actually.  Right now I'm in western France but my favourite area seems to be the Nordic countries so I'll probably take a job heading back up that way.  Really excited for the Baltic release and of course Oregon.

Those videos are nuts, I hope everyone got bans for that stupid driving.  I also hope those people don't drive real vehicles!

I find it strange that thousands are always on the EU2 server for ETS2 but ATS has hardly anyone?  I think last night the server with the most was about 300.  I hardly saw another truck and I was running through the main roads of CA.

ATS just doesn't have as large of a playerbase, and we're currently without enough good content (that isn't all sand or already driven hundreds of times) to really attract a playerbase. Oregon should bring some greenery, though.

But... actually, there are lots of people who love and enjoy even that chaos. :troll:

Of course, I know that it's so hard to understand what I'm saying, right now, but I'm pretty sure that you would do someday.

Anyway, I'd also like to recommend that you record your whole thing via the recording software which utilizes your GPU, not your CPU:thisisfine:

(**Wherever you go, just try it!)

On 9/25/2018 at 3:14 PM, di9girl said:

Hi everyone, so I've been playing MP about a week now (but the games a few weeks longer).

Yesterday, for the first time in MP, my route took me into Calais.  Oh my gosh, it was chaotic.  It wasn't the busy, it was the crazy stupid reckless driving.  I'm afraid to say 90% of the other drivers either flat out wrecked people, flashed you like mad from behind if you dared to stop at a red light, cut infront of you and had no regard for rules of the road.  My load went from 0% damaged to 22% damaged by the time I got out.

I don't have a camera running, I didn't catch the ID's of those driving like fools but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this?  It was like a huge demolition derby.

Note to self: avoid Calais!!!!!

People actually buying ETS2 just to experience Calais-Duisburg chaos, believe it or not...

C-D route is not for everyone, avoid it, adapt to it or find solution that will work for you.

Moderators are really demanded on C-D :D but there's only so much that you can do against a horde of dozens of players breaking the rules.

Still, I really wish to help maintain the order, so I'll be applying for a Game Mod position sometime soon. 

The real problem is that players intentionally choose that route just to cause more mayhem through heavy traffic. It's actually against the rules to intentionally abuse that route just for the fun of of it. 

Real eyes realise real lies.

12 hours ago, zVYPER said:

Moderators are really demanded on C-D :D but there's only so much that you can do against a horde of dozens of players breaking the rules.

Still, I really wish to help maintain the order, so I'll be applying for a Game Mod position sometime soon. 

The real problem is that players intentionally choose that route just to cause more mayhem through heavy traffic. It's actually against the rules to intentionally abuse that route just for the fun of of it. 

You know I could've done with a camera recording on Wednesday and Thursday, not on the C-D route either.

First one: voice comes over the radio saying something in a language I don't understand (I don't have a mic, I'm just using my keyboard).  Then I see a dot coming up behind me fast and the voice comes over again saying "hi, I'm Daniel, I'm Brazilian", then his truck passes me, fast, but cleanly.  I can't reply, I'm not hitting Y to bring up the text chat because I'll crash my truck.  A few minutes later I find him parked on the side of the road, so I pass him as anyone would.  Maybe 2 minutes later a dot comes up fast behind me and I get slammed from behind.  I thankfully don't wreck and I keep going, this time I get swiped from the side, it's him.  He turns over and again luckily I don't take much damage because I'd slowed up seeing the dot coming.  daniel something with numbers, I couldn't report because without video evidence no-one can do anything.

Second one: happily driving along when a dot comes up behind me and overtakes me (which is fine, I'm in the right hand lane on French roads doing about 60).  But when he comes back infront of me he clips me.  Neither of us wreck and we carry on.  Next thing I get slammed from behind.  K9 something (again, no point writing it down, no video evidence!).  The K9 flies off and a K7 with same paint scheme comes flying past so I assume they're together.  A few minutes later I get to a toll booth, the K9 is sideways having crashed, the K7 is reversing out of the wrong toll lane.  I approach in the middle out of their way and go through the booth and drive on.  The K7 comes up and hits me in the side and starts flashing lights and sounding the horn.

Now really?  I did nothing to aggravate any of those drivers.  I drive in the far right-hand lanes doing 60-62.  I follow the rules of the road, ie overtaking cleanly, signalling at lights etc.  Do they just like taking people out for the fun of it?  I don't have any 'cheat' mods so everytime I get damage I have to pay to repair it and if I'm doing a WoT contract I lose the job if I go to the garage.  Just really annoys me.

4 minutes ago, di9girl said:

Lessons learned: beware of the fast moving dots. :D

On a serious note, the thing about trolls is that you do not need to give them a reason. They want to provoke a reaction with their first action.
And the only effective solution has been mentioned before: record, report and relax.

Drive safely!

13 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Lessons learned: beware of the fast moving dots. :D

On a serious note, the thing about trolls is that you do not need to give them a reason. They want to provoke a reaction with their first action.
And the only effective solution has been mentioned before: record, report and relax.

Drive safely!

LOL, I like that, I will definitely be aware of fast moving dots!  I'll have to look into the recording thing, I have no idea, I'll do some research over the weekend.

"Play tactically" - bassically, go around the Calais and then enter from the other entrance. I know it is chaos in Calais, but Admins are giving their best to fix that.

5 minutes ago, di9girl said:

LOL, I like that, I will definitely be aware of fast moving dots!  I'll have to look into the recording thing, I have no idea, I'll do some research over the weekend.

Try a search in the forum. There were some discussions about different recording software suggestions. Here is one:
https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/63668-best-recording-software/&tab=comments#comment-639951

I have made satisfying experiences with Overwolf Replay HUD and Overwolf Game Capture.
It is free and does not cause any notable FPS drops on my potatoe laptop computer.

Others are Open Broadcast Software (aka OBS), Nvidia Shadowplay and Plays.tv, to name only some of them.

43 minutes ago, di9girl said:

You know I could've done with a camera recording on Wednesday and Thursday, not on the C-D route either.

First one: voice comes over the radio saying something in a language I don't understand (I don't have a mic, I'm just using my keyboard).  Then I see a dot coming up behind me fast and the voice comes over again saying "hi, I'm Daniel, I'm Brazilian", then his truck passes me, fast, but cleanly.  I can't reply, I'm not hitting Y to bring up the text chat because I'll crash my truck.  A few minutes later I find him parked on the side of the road, so I pass him as anyone would.  Maybe 2 minutes later a dot comes up fast behind me and I get slammed from behind.  I thankfully don't wreck and I keep going, this time I get swiped from the side, it's him.  He turns over and again luckily I don't take much damage because I'd slowed up seeing the dot coming.  daniel something with numbers, I couldn't report because without video evidence no-one can do anything.

Second one: happily driving along when a dot comes up behind me and overtakes me (which is fine, I'm in the right hand lane on French roads doing about 60).  But when he comes back infront of me he clips me.  Neither of us wreck and we carry on.  Next thing I get slammed from behind.  K9 something (again, no point writing it down, no video evidence!).  The K9 flies off and a K7 with same paint scheme comes flying past so I assume they're together.  A few minutes later I get to a toll booth, the K9 is sideways having crashed, the K7 is reversing out of the wrong toll lane.  I approach in the middle out of their way and go through the booth and drive on.  The K7 comes up and hits me in the side and starts flashing lights and sounding the horn.

Now really?  I did nothing to aggravate any of those drivers.  I drive in the far right-hand lanes doing 60-62.  I follow the rules of the road, ie overtaking cleanly, signalling at lights etc.  Do they just like taking people out for the fun of it?  I don't have any 'cheat' mods so everytime I get damage I have to pay to repair it and if I'm doing a WoT contract I lose the job if I go to the garage.  Just really annoys me.

When did these two incidents happen? 

You’re really unlucky if they’re recent. I haven’t had any problems of this sort in at least one month. As long as I stay away from C-D, I rarely get hit by a griefer or even spot a troll.

Anyway, I suggest spending more time in DLC areas. The chances of having player-induced incidents are slim to none there- at least that’s how it’s been going for me. I never met any griefer in Italy since buying the expansion :)

Real eyes realise real lies.

Archived