[ARCHIVED] Guide to where **NOT** to use double trailers

DJ Jefferz

On 25/09/2018 at 05:14, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

TBH, não pretendo usar duplas fora da Escandinávia. A SCS fez um ótimo trabalho adicionando a opção de possuir reboques, mas com o meu próprio trailer eu só posso carregar certos tipos de carga, o que limita o mercado ao máximo. E outra coisa sobre o tempo, todos nós sabemos sobre o problema do mercado de frete ficar vazio em MP e ter que redefinir a economia, eu só posso imaginar que a lista de trabalhos para fazer com os próprios trailers vai esvaziar muito mais fácil, sendo estes muito mais limitado do que no mercado de frete. Finalmente, eu me tornei tão apegado aos trabalhos externos do WoT que não estou à vontade procurando no mercado de frete e ... A SCS não integrou o WoT com trailers próprios, eu prendo meu trailer, o mercado de WoT ficou indisponível.

Mas ei, esse é um detalhe muito bom, postar um mapa com a área que fará com que as pessoas sejam expulsas do servidor, isso foi necessário IMO, porque todos nós também sabemos que a maioria dos jogadores comprará o maior duplo disponível apenas para tentar ir a estrada do CD. Eu tenho medo que os fóruns vejam uma enxurrada de posts "Por que eu fui chutado?", "Chute injusto", etc. Apenas uma pergunta: Sua fonte? Eu sei que você costumava estar na equipe de TMP, mas você não está atualmente, então seria perfeito se você pudesse dizer de onde / quem você tirou essa informação. Ou qualquer outra confirmação de "funcionários" do TMP que esta é de fato a área pretendida como "Não-duplas permitidas".

@FernandoCR [ESP] It's been a long time since I got used to using WoT trailers. Besides the speed limitation, which makes the game quieter and fun (at least for me), everything is accounted for in your online profile. That's great. I agree with you!

On 9/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, antrax737 said:

My opinion, Groningen traffic vs Luxemburg traffic, Luxemburg is waaay worse and it isnt even on the map, while Groningen has at most 5 trucks cdriving around at peek hours, Frankfurt, Kassel can get really messy too... I'm going to ruin fun for some guys here I guess, but at the end the last time I checked the only place to get double trailer jobs is Scandi so why would you eveen drive with doubles so far south... but yea, people.

To be honest Groningen is a ghost town

On 9/25/2018 at 8:52 PM, DJ Jefferz said:

From what I can gather TMP have created an autokick feature

You drive into the zone & it says your entering the zone etc & kicks you if you carry on! people saying about the size of doubles have no idea, the double trailers are literally a truck with a single trailer & someone in a car close behind, its not like they are 3 miles long...when scs release buses are they gonna be banned too? i mean let people drive what the like where they like, if they block etc, they get reported & banned simple.

^^ So don't carry on. And in your example, there are 2 different vehicles that are driven independently, they can open or close the gap between them if needed, something that you can't do with double trailers, so those 2 "sets of vehicles" can't be compared. When/If SCS releases buses, TMP team will decide if they are suitable to be included in the mod or not, the same way they did with the Special Transports DLC. "Let people drive what they like where they like"? Really? So let's allow save-edited trucks with 3, 4, 10 trailers attached, 10000 HP engines, etc. Then, IF they get reported & eventually perma banned, they can delete their account, create a new one from scratch and they can come back to "drive what they like where they like". Simple

Let's not forget that it's TMP servers, TMP rules. They decided that doubles are not to be allowed in certain areas, deal with it. It's not the end of the world if you can't drive your doubles on the C-D road.

• Woah! 1

57 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

You drive into the zone & it says your entering the zone etc & kicks you if you carry on! people saying about the size of doubles have no idea, the double trailers are literally a truck with a single trailer & someone in a car close behind, its not like they are 3 miles long...when scs release buses are they gonna be banned too? i mean let people drive what the like where they like, if they block etc, they get reported & banned simple.

I kinda agree with this... It is not because trolls that everyone needs to be punished for it. The fact is just that people shouldn't speed or drive the wrong way with doubles...
But I still understand TruckersMP too tho, Because the higher playercount in that area it is better to avoid doubles since they create more delays and use more space on the highway/road (especially near Calais and Duisburg)

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

^^ The fact is that people DO speed and/or drive the wrong way with every vehicle they use. This is not going to change, unless the TMP team found a way to implement a forced speed-limiter of say, 80 Km/h, to anyone pulling double trailers. And we all know what would happen if they did that. Hundreds of whiners flooding the forums with "Remove speed limit from doubles".

42 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ The fact is that people DO speed and/or drive the wrong way with every vehicle they use. This is not going to change, unless the TMP team found a way to implement a forced speed-limiter of say, 80 Km/h, to anyone pulling double trailers. And we all know what would happen if they did that. Hundreds of whiners flooding the forums with "Remove speed limit from doubles".

Yeah, So if you want it or not... This is actually the best solution (for now).

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

@DJ Jefferz and @[GlobEx] Numb3r2 I really appreciate your effort by share this map, but i had been test it this Saturday and you need to ADD METZ,  MANNHEIM and FRANKFURT to the Restricted Area. 

Some proof :https://imgur.com/ScQROoa https://imgur.com/GaRBh6P https://imgur.com/CtW6fML

Hope this map, when finished,  will be posted as "Developer Announcements" because this is really important.

Edited by Vellaco [ESP]
  • Thanks 1

I tried to draw a map without any Photoshop or Editing Skills :wacko:.

The white Line is, In my opinion,  the actual border of the Restricted Area.

ijoAwvO.jpg

It will be a pleasure if someone improves this map with their knowledge . 

Other zoomed Pictures:  (I have to say i don't test the Calais zoom. I've only tried and succed to cross the Eurotunel and then i drove to the South with the RED route until Reims Without been kicked.)

Spoiler

jFWnvxM.jpg

u3KEmj7.jpg

ESrxqDv.jpg

I did some poking around "The Zone" on EU3 to see where I get kicked for driving a double and this is what emerged :)

204675723_kickmapeu3.thumb.jpg.5a7e63ae5cecc8b67ac4e295aea0fd7a.jpg

It looks like a big circle centered in Duisburg. It could be somewhat altered on eu2 covering Calais but i really didn't want to test on it with the queue size atm.

The position of the circle leads to some strange border placement:

- Metz is accesibile only from south

- Lille is cut in half

• Like 1

@adisadicu Thanks for test the "Calais side", because i was affraid to be baned if I go trough there... In my map I stoped on the Warning message, as you can read on the "proof" pictures.

I didn't expect the gap on Metz from the south, but i should clarify your Circle is Done wiht the 1.31 map, so the area between Hanover, Bremen and Hamburg has changed do recently 1.32 updated Germany's north . So the Border on this area is, more or lees like this:  https://i.imgur.com/jFWnvxM.jpg

Moreover I have just Test the Autokick feature on C-D part in Eu1 server...

It works shortly after the Gas Station near Calais: So in theory anyone can drive Doubles after this Gas Station, because if you spawn/load your save game inside the Area, you will be automatically kicked.

skJlfQ7.jpg