1.32 PHYSICS WARNING

[VIVA] ExDe707

The 1.32 update implemented new trailer physics. All trailers are more prone to flipping so when you approach a curve slow the heck down. Like, you can't even go 60km/h on a highway on-/offramp anymore.

I think this will discourage speeding altogether. Which is a good thing, but you're going to see a lot more flipped trucks on calais-duisburg now. So do as in real life, when approaching a tight curve, slow down and don't accelerate unless the curve is straightening out or you are halfway through.

2 minutes ago, ExDe707 said:

The 1.32 update implemented new trailer physics. All trailers are more prone to flipping so when you approach a curve slow the heck down. Like, you can't even go 60km/h on a highway on-/offramp anymore.

I think this will discourage speeding altogether. Which is a good thing, but you're going to see a lot more flipped trucks on calais-duisburg now. So do as in real life, when approaching a tight curve, slow down and don't accelerate unless the curve is straightening out or you are halfway through.

question ? have you in your option : Trailer Stability ( dont know if it the exact name )  in the max lvl ? or middle.. or at the far left ( like 0% )... ??? 

Yeah, the trailer stability has been reworked so the maximum stability is the former middle. Won't really effect me as someone who never touched it, but if you had it on max you'd have to edit your config file to get your former super stable trailers.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

I felt really comfortable with the one job I did using my own trailer, something over 1000 Km, not once my trailer tried to roll over. And I even tried high speeds (up to 110 Km/h) in the EU#1 server, which was empty at the time. Another and: my trailer stability is set at 0.33 instead of the 0.5 default... Setting that value to the maximum is something for speed-lovers who don't know how to keep their vehicles on their wheels otherwise.

I've never ever touched this value, does this mean I drive a truck unrealistically, I'll have to check my value for trailer stability, I respect all speed limits and always slow down anyways in a curve, to the point people rage at me for slowing down, while its the rules of the road, I don't see myself taking most of the curbs at over 40-50km/h, I do it like people do it in real life, its a simulation game after all.

76561198104067447.png

^^ The default value is 0.5 (whatever that means). Since I also drive respecting the speed limits, I decided to try and give it a little more fun by lowering it and setting the 0.33 value. But what most people do is raise it all the way up to 1.0 (and some even mess up with their save files to set it higher, I've seen trucks "stand-up" by themselves after going down on their sides in some Youtube videos). Raising this value to the max allows those players to take turns a lot faster without worrying. If you drive usually in EU#2, you've most probably seen players turning tight corners like nothing, a lot faster than you and you still need to slow down to go through safely. It's the difference between "I want to play this game as if I were driving a real truck with a heavy destabilizing trailer, doing my best to keep the cargo safe" and "I want to go as fast as possible, **** realism". Sadly, over 90% of the playerbase in EU#2 go for the latter.

I drive exclusively on EU#1 I love realism driving, I do go occasionally on EU#2  or EU#3 late at night (I'm in GMT-5) since its nearly empty on EU#1 at theses times since most EU players are asleep, I'm always careful but damn, this game brings a lot of trolls and idiots on EU#2 especially, its insane like 90% of the playerbase is there only to think this game is Need For Speed mixed with GTA Online for trucks.

76561198104067447.png

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ The default value is 0.5 (whatever that means). Since I also drive respecting the speed limits, I decided to try and give it a little more fun by lowering it and setting the 0.33 value. But what most people do is raise it all the way up to 1.0 (and some even mess up with their save files to set it higher, I've seen trucks "stand-up" by themselves after going down on their sides in some Youtube videos). Raising this value to the max allows those players to take turns a lot faster without worrying. If you drive usually in EU#2, you've most probably seen players turning tight corners like nothing, a lot faster than you and you still need to slow down to go through safely. It's the difference between "I want to play this game as if I were driving a real truck with a heavy destabilizing trailer, doing my best to keep the cargo safe" and "I want to go as fast as possible, **** realism". Sadly, over 90% of the playerbase in EU#2 go for the latter.

Thats true.

And I'm always wondering why TruckersMP are allowing player to edit the truck handling / trailer extremely stabilizing or trailer weight etc..

Coz I think this is the main reasons why there are so many trolls and accidents in EU2.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:08 AM, ExDe707 said:

I didn't experience any change in the trailer behavior so that's very strange. And SCS didn't mention anything about changing the Trailer physics. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Probably a good idea to stop people speeding around curves lol. this doesn't effect me anyway as I always slow down before I come to a corner/curve and highway ramps, also when I reach busy areas. You just need to slow down to avoid laying down for a sleep (flipped) xD

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

On 9/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You can keep cargo safe and drive at high speeds. Especially in this game where in most places there's no actual traffic, maybe the occasional truck, driving at highest speed is what keeps the game fun. You enjoy going 90 in a free highway. Well i consider it boring. Right now the game suffers from far more severe issues in case of realism than high speed. Case in point: Realism issues

@Random_Truck_Driver Simulator. That's the key word. And it's in the name of both games, ETSimulator2 and ATSimulator. The goal of the game is to simulate the work of real truckers. And real truckers, in Europe, don't go at 150 Km/h (maybe some madman will do it, but most likely that person will end up unemployed, in prison or dead). Of course, both games lack a lot of features that would make them more realistic, but that happens with all simulation games. Realism issues? How about a game where you can actually hurt yourself or even die if you crash your truck while doing 150 Km/h? Weird, right? That's why they are games and not real life. The problem is that using that poor excuse of "realism issues", most people have turned the game in MP into a truck racing one. But it isn't. If you find simulation games boring, why are you playing one? 

14 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Random_Truck_Driver Simulator. That's the key word. And it's in the name of both games, ETSimulator2 and ATSimulator. The goal of the game is to simulate the work of real truckers. And real truckers, in Europe, don't go at 150 Km/h (maybe some madman will do it, but most likely that person will end up unemployed, in prison or dead). Of course, both games lack a lot of features that would make them more realistic, but that happens with all simulation games. Realism issues? How about a game where you can actually hurt yourself or even die if you crash your truck while doing 150 Km/h? Weird, right? That's why they are games and not real life. The problem is that using that poor excuse of "realism issues", most people have turned the game in MP into a truck racing one. But it isn't. If you find simulation games boring, why are you playing one? 

I don't find simulation games boring. But driving on the same repeatitive highways is the reason most people drive in the C-D road so much. The map is vast and can't offer a real-life experience with actual traffic, narrow streets or dangerous roads. The only "action" can take place on the C-D road. I won't mind either taking damage from an overtaker or getting in an accident because the guy in front of me lost control and crashed. Those are the little things that make me come back to this game and keep playing it and that's the reason why i got bored of the singleplayer in the first two months.  And i wouldn't bother recording these people and wasting my time in submitting reports. Especially if you think that anyone can buy the base game in a sale with 5 Euros so even if you ban them permanently they will keep coming back.

1 minute ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I don't find simulation games boring

2 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

the reason why i got bored of the singleplayer in the first two months

I find those 2 statements quite conflicting... I do like this simulator and I play according to what I believe a simulator has to be played. I've read some other people saying that "C-D road is awesome because of the realism". That's insane. It maybe fun for some players, but it's nothing like realistic. Where in Europe can you find a road in which 90% of the drivers behave like a bunch of apes high on cocaine?

17 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I won't mind either taking damage from an overtaker or getting in an accident because the guy in front of me lost control and crashed

I used to, that's why I always tried to avoid that road and eventually, the EU#2 server. My goal when playing is to deliver cargos undamaged, some idiot who believes that TMP is NFS with trucks damages my truck or cargo, that player is reported and 99% of the times banned. Yes, I know that it's too easy to come back even after a permanent ban, but many people won't bother going through the process just to be banned again soon enough. If by reporting people we can get rid of 100-200 idiots per week, that's fine for me. Not that I do it anymore, in EU#1 server players are a lot more serious and don't usually break the rules, so there's usually nothing to report.

In 1.32 SCS have updated the Physics of Springs and the other's Suspension parts. Test it by yourselfs doing some Zig-zag moves without any trailer and look how weight is distributed on this maneuver. 

As a keyboard driver, i was used to drove with 0,20 stabilitiy such as @FernandoCR [ESP] without getting flipped , but after 1.32 i had to increse the stabilty until 0.5 and leave it as Default because I can flip over at 70-80 km/h with Flatbeds or Lowbeds loaded with high wheight cargoes, and the most unstable trailer, the "Tipper, which is an white tiny trailer, usally picked on Quarry's. 

In addition, I suspect the ownable Fuel Tank and Livestock carrier, when it will be available , could be flipped as easier as mentioned trailers before.

To sum up, If you want a real challange, try to drive a Tipper trailer, loaded with coal, sand or ores , at 0 Trailer Stability...

My advice is not speed more than 60km/h on curves  (Dont do it on C-D..):troll::troll:

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I find those 2 statements quite conflicting... I do like this simulator and I play according to what I believe a simulator has to be played. I've read some other people saying that "C-D road is awesome because of the realism". That's insane. It maybe fun for some players, but it's nothing like realistic. Where in Europe can you find a road in which 90% of the drivers behave like a bunch of apes high on cocaine?

C-D road is way more realistic in it's current state than any other area of the game. There is actual traffic, accidents and overtakes. That's basically simulates real life much better than the boring ghost roads or towns. Sure there are the occasional trolls that will block roads, ram people on purpose or overtake huge traffic lines but eventually they get banned. Driving in an empty highway is not at all realistic and it's boring. Waiting in a traffic light when there are literally 0 people in the area is stupid. You can convince yourself that these things are realistic but unless the entire map somehow starts representing real-life traffic, the situation on the C-D road won't change.

^^ So... Driving at over 100 Km/h on a rural road in Germany (speed limit is 60 Km/h) is realistic. People driving on the grass to overtake the vehicle ahead from the right side because there's oncoming traffic is realistic.  People ramming others' vehicles out of the road to get their place in the jam is realistic. Well, I'm glad that I don't live or have to drive anywhere near to your country if you find those behaviours to be "realistic".

Funny thing, you now bring up that "eventually they get banned"?? That road will never improve because there are lots of players who apparently are eager to appear in some youtuber's "Idiots on the road" videos. And when "eventually they get banned", they'll just "buy the base game in a sale with 5€ and will keep coming back", weren't these your words?

And we are going completely off-topic. Thing is that trailer stability has been changed to a lower one and it can't be a bad thing, players who had it on max will now have to slow down if they don't want to end on their sides at every turn.

34 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ So... Driving at over 100 Km/h on a rural road in Germany (speed limit is 60 Km/h) is realistic. People driving on the grass to overtake the vehicle ahead from the right side because there's oncoming traffic is realistic.  People ramming others' vehicles out of the road to get their place in the jam is realistic. Well, I'm glad that I don't live or have to drive anywhere near to your country if you find those behaviours to be "realistic".

Funny thing, you now bring up that "eventually they get banned"?? That road will never improve because there are lots of players who apparently are eager to appear in some youtuber's "Idiots on the road" videos. And when "eventually they get banned", they'll just "buy the base game in a sale with 5€ and will keep coming back", weren't these your words?

On the getting banned issue, there are plenty of admins watching the C-D road and banning the trolls. I only said that recording is a waste of your time and yes trolls will buy the game again and come back.

Also I consider a simple overtake to be realistic whether that would end up in trucks crashing or not. That doesn't mean i'm going to report the person doing the overtake. I also enjoy the fact that i have to be on alert on the C-D road, pay attention to my mirrors, watching for incoming overtakes etc...I find these things enjoyable. Driving on an empty server in ghost towns is boring for me.  

The overtaking from grass is a troll behavior and it's sad that i have to explain this to you. And like i said C-D road is more realistic  than the other places of the game. That doesn't make it an actual simulation of real-life, it just makes it more realistic than every other part of the map

Even with stability set to max they still tip over even at 40mph depending on your load. The heavier the load the easier it is to tip over, you can still hit 93mph but not on bends & honestly your now pushing it doing 70 on the cd! 

Its the same with cars, while you can just about push your car to its max on a motorway ( real life ), you wouldn't do it on a country road unless you want to end up in A+E with bits of what was a windscreen wiper, dashboard & a nice hedgerow where your teeth used to be & a gear stick where your arm was trying to explain to a nurse what happened & why your car is upside down in the car park with a tree growing out of it. 

Archived