Why does every accident need to get banned? What do you think?

Hello.

I wanted to enter the services while there was huge traffic. As I turned into services, a player suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I tried to brake and drive around the player, but he also turned in the direction I wanted to avoid the accident, and he crashed on my. I'm about to get banned. I'd like to know why every accident there happens needs to be banned. Why? We are all humans. Everyone happens accidents. Everyone. Nobody is perfect, but why should we every time get banned if we accidently crashed? I mean, sometimes you just crash into someone its just normal. But some people are normal who want to play in this game but they accidently crash.. Why do we need always to get banned for it? What do you think here...

Here a video about that situation. http://plays.tv/video/5ba9134ea12fc6ecf0/-

I'm sorry - I will cancel my application and stop playing the multiplayer version, because I don't want to get a permanent ban for just being a normal human.

Have fun discussing if its necessary to ban someone if he just crashes.

If it was your fault, you have got your answer to the question. The game moderator is the one dealing with the situation and if he consider that it is banable, he will ban you. If you don't think it is banable, you are still able to contact the upper staff and that is what I'd recommend you if you think it wasn't your fault. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

If it was your fault, you have got your answer to the question. The game moderator is the one dealing with the situation and if he consider that it is banable, he will ban you. If you don't think it is banable, you are still able to contact the upper staff and that is what I'd recommend you if you think it wasn't your fault. 

I think that it wasn't my fault, but probably the upper staff will watch the video and think its my fault. But i just drove, suddenly he appeared, and I couldn't brake anymore.

But thanks, I might try that if I get banned... But i can anyway cancel my Game Mod application.. My chance with 2 history bans is totally low

4 minutes ago, KimeNABISM said:

I dont think you should get banned... he was near service, he can f7 again so he can repair truck... if he's not lazy..

Thank you,  but I guess he also should've stopped before and check if anyone is passing. He didn't wait, he just instantly accelerated and I couldn't brake anymore.

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

You don't have to cancel your game mod application, we don't just take players because of the ban history and you don't know how our managers will decide :) So yeah, wish you all the best and good luck further and maybe I can welcome you in the team soon ;)

Ok, thank you very much :) I won't cancel it, I just hope that guy won't report me (or the Game mods will see that he shouldn't have accelerated before) And if he reports me and I get banned, I just hope that the Feedback Team might help me and my chance to be a Game Mod won't be lower. A big problem is in my application, that i'm only 15. But I'm actually very good in english. In the last 2 classes (7th and 8th) I always receviced good grades, so thats why I actually should be good in English and I got also experience in moderating :D

I experienced almost the same thing. Tried to enter the service but somebody suddenly drove out and nearly caused a head-to-head collision with me but luckily I managed to stop whereas he didn't. I wouldn't really worry since the guy who exited the service has to yield. This would most likely result in a kick as nothing really serious happened. (Personal opinion) Though you have to enter from the far right side and not from the middle.

FYI: Those in the service have to yield.

Do you have any other questions or can we proceed to close this Topic?

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

4 minutes ago, weezy said:

I experienced almost the same thing. Tried to enter the service but somebody suddenly drove out and nearly caused a head-to-head collision with me but luckily I managed to stop whereas he didn't. I wouldn't really worry since the guy who exited the service has to yield. This would most likely result in a kick as nothing really serious happened. (Personal opinion) Though you have to enter from the far right side and not from the middle.

FYI: Those in the service have to yield.

Do you have any other questions or can we proceed to close this Topic?

you may close, thanks

Edit: Wait. I wanted to say that I went to the middle so people which want to pass behind me may do it. It's common to do that in The area I live 

25 minutes ago, Germanyball [GER] said:

you may close, thanks

Edit: Wait. I wanted to say that I went to the middle so people which want to pass behind me may do it. It's common to do that in The area I live 

I would recommend keeping your recording available. You can use it in a ban appeal, should you receive a ban, to explain your side of what occurred.

Overall, I wouldn't worry about a ban for this specific incident. GMs do their best to review any reports in an unbiased manner, and will determine who was at fault before they consider who to ban. Everyone, especially GMs understand that accidents happen, and will not just immediately ban when two trucks or vehicles collide. What you did in the clip you provided, all seems perfectly normal and just ended up with two vehicles meeting at the same point. You couldn't see the truck coming, and you didn't turn in recklessly or with excessive speed. And pulling over a bit to the middle for the turn seems okay to me. You didn't pull into the oncoming lane, and you weren't blocking traffic, so I would not see any reason for them to ban you, at least in the clip you provided.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

'' Why does every accident need to get banned? What do you think? '' 

from my point of view ... if after 4 offence you didnt understand the TMP rules... it 1) you just dont care it.. 2) you have no excuses... just drive normaly ( the excuse of : oohhh it only a video game .. it only a simulator... ) some player like have 25 year old and find this really ( for my part ) really stupid ( NOT the player ) ( but the action you as a player made ) ...

it making frustration where it should not be for absolute no reason.. ( a.k.a driving reckless , racing on the grass and overtaking like a potato .... etc )

and because one player do this... now every other young player will try to imitate you and it make the game experience of everyone else around bad and toxic.. and make almost every in game rules irrelevant.

i am not saying it only your fault or pointing out anybody... but the double standard in rules need to stop and even start banning more rather than only say : ohh kickable offence wich give absolute no result !

after review the replay of germanyball my opinion... : you seem to be indecisive ( you wait.. you start moving and stop ( 00:06-00:08 ) that is the part make other trucker( in the repair station ) not hesitate as much as you did to pass.. ( that one thing )....(the second one is..) 00:09-00:10( frame by frame play/pause/play/pause) the way you have turn... it was just too much tight( mayby you did accelerate too fast )and at the same time the black truck pulled out of the service.. and you hited him because he was no more inside the repair and making you colide with him and send him up over your car..(00:11-00:13)

@[VIVA] Kehox i agree with you there but often you see one person overtaking and on purpose crashing to a other player and the player who crashed the player gets the ban

that would be the unfair ban as the other person clearly meant to crash and put the blame on the other

i get your point but i think a kick would be better as a warning instead of a instant 3 day ban no one wants to be banned unfairly

and the ones being a reckless driver they just should stop playing simulator games online due to if you can't even follow basic rules of multiplayer as that just pisses me off simulators is in my eyes simulating RL experiences so they ruin the fun for serious players 

I highly recommend you record every single drive you do on mp. Granted no one is perfect and it's the best way to protect yourself.

However, this goes back to my thread about driving courtesy and preventable crashes. If you could not break in time, chances are you were going too fast. Thus it's your fault. 

Its sometimes difficult making the decision if the driver had bad intentions or just a common accident. I'm sure the mods are doing the best to keep the community safe. 

I just saw the video and retract my statement about you going too fast. That is a clear mistake. He most likely could not see you until it was too late. Same for you. Not to mention the fact that you stopped, signaled and waited until you saw a opening suggests that you are indeed a courteous driver. I would not have banned imo, but I'm not a game mod, nor do I fully know what the requirements for a ban. 

First of all, you are on a main road and you have way of right. That means that all traffic that comes from the entranceway has to give way.
It was a bit unfortunate that each of you crossed the others way of travel while trying to evade each other.

IMHO, it is a quite bold move of the truck driver to report you, as he clearly has a complicity in this incident.

I understand where you’re coming from. People do repot other players when it was a honest mistake. 

Its a regular accurance where a number of users charge out of F7 on the wrong side and cause accidents. 

I personally dont report anyone unless it’s an obvious rule break. I record all the time just in case of an incident I get accused of 

Hey,

So first off I just wanted to tell you that, that accident was not your fault as the person leaving the Service Station has to yield and you were indicating that you were entering.

Second thing is that I dont think that people get banned all the time for accidents, it's just some of them where there is a player that I clearly at fault and has broken some kind of rule. Say running a red light and you hit them because he ran the light, its then up to you whether or not you report that person or let it go. Personally, I dont report much because there is no point in getting someone who only did a small rule break, I only report people if its major a rule break (like Ramming and Blocking). But then you have the people who love to report others for everything even if they were at fault. I think the people looking at the reports can understand when it was a mistake and when it was on purpose.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

My opinion, after watching the video: This is what happens because most players have no idea (and no respect at all) about how things should be done. There's an entrance to a repair station, to a garage, to a loading yard, whatever, they are usually wide enough to allow 2 or more vehicles at the same time. But everyone seems to think that their best move is to go through the exact center of the entrance. WRONG. You are entering, you should go as close to the right edge, those exiting should do it as close as possible to their own right edge, meaning your left edge. Something like shown in the image:

Spoiler

09.24.2018-23.34.44

And, of course, those going out of the yard must make sure that they can do it safely and stop until if they can't until it's clear to go. What I see in the video: both you and the truck exiting tried to go through the center (wrong). None of you tried to stop (wrong on both sides, but wronger on the exiting truck since it had to yield). But like others said, this incident should not get you banned IMO, if someone deserved to be banned for it, it should the player who failed to yield.

EDIT: I took the screenshot showing the Calais repair station (in SP, that´s why it's empty), so the image and text are about RHD roads/streets. In the UK, it would be just the opposite, keeping close to one's left edges instead of right ones.

I wouldn't think that you'd be deserved to get banned for this, why?

Simply because the player infront of you was driving recklessly without stopping nor looking to the right or left, in a multiplayer perspective, mostly all players are defensive during that position, they'd be either stopping, looking at left or right, or go straight right or left IF there's no traffic, but in this case, there was a HUGE amount of traffic. He didn't stop or what, he went straight through, whilst you're in the proper position and you stopped which was right, you completely did fine. 

In my case, I'd say that it was the other player's fault, as you were in a correct position, while the other player was driving recklessly in a huge amount of traffic, which can cause ramming. 

I hope this helps, 

Also, I don't know if they use the "FIRST STOP, FIRST GO" rule in here, but to help you, here you go http://www.cu-srtsproject.com/uploads/1/7/2/9/17290172/rightofwayrules.pdf  ( I'm sorry admins if I broke the rule, I don't know if links are allowed)

in my opponion this was your main fault, but  you can clearly see, that it you waited for a gap to enter.

So a few things to this situation:

+ you are on the main road, so you had actually the way of right

+ the other player just drove through a lot of other trucks, that also were waiting to exit. If one of those trucks suddenly start moving, he might have been guilty

+ the other player clearly lagged a lot, you couldnt see him in a part of your video

- you were drive to far at the left to enter the service. you should try to enter on the right side, so you cutted his lane.

but all in all, i think its just a normal accident, that can happen and nothing to ban you. 

Archived