Recording Software Recommendations w/Nvidia

LeSpindle

Greetings TMP!

First and foremost, I have searched this topic but nothing came to fruition pertaining to my particular type of situation. Secondly, if this is the wrong sub-forum to post this question I apologize and kindly ask the Moderators to move it where it is required to be.

To the point, I have an Nvidia GTX 8-series (Gaming Notebook) and therefore my graphics card brand/type is non-negotiable. I am looking for in-game recording software that works flawlessly and economically.

I have tried:

Shadowplay, for obvious reasons. However Shadowplay is among the most unreliable software's I've ever used. I won't go into detail but I have troubleshot for weeks on-end attempting to get my in-house software to work and nothing comes from my efforts. I promise you, if there is a suggestion online I've done it. Shadowplay works when it wants too which is a shame because when it does, it's perfect.

OBS, which seemed fine until I found out through trial and error that it is not compatible with Nvidia. This is not an option I can pursue further.

FRAPS, amazingly simple program and my favorite thus far, but the dropped framerate is a killer. For the safety and enjoyability for the other players I cannot afford to lag anymore than I (may) be doing now. Particularly as I am linking to server from U.S. I do not want to hinder everyone's gameplay.

Bandicam is next on my list and I do have the list someone else posted on TMP with roughly 15 some editing programs, I however would like to streamline utilizing process of elimination. I am kindly open to suggestions and thank everyone for their help. Safest travels!

I've been using shadowplay in my gaming laptop (with a nVidia GTX880M GPU) and I'd say that it's quite reliable, easy to configure, it has instant replay, some other useful features. Maybe I'm just lucky, but both in my laptop and  in my desktop PC (equipped with a GTX1060 GPU) Shadowplay works very well most of the time. Sometimes it seems to get "stuck", but a reset solves the problem every time.

Pros: It's included in GeForce experience, so no additional software is required. It has all the features you may need: instant replay (from 30 secs up to 20 mins), streaming to popular services, screen capture, configurable video quality...

Cons: I've only found that problem, about going off occasionally without warnings, but you notice this quite easily as soon as you launch a game, because the icon doesn't appear and a simple reset is enough to make it work (and sometimes just closing the nVidia processes via task manager and starting GeForce experience again does the trick too).

Hi. 

I’ve found shadowplay to be somewhat unreliable at times but is what I currently use as it’s easy to set up and delivers me with a high quality video. 

The most common other software is Plays.tv. They are plenty of recording softwares out there, it’s just trying to find the right one that produces the best quality. 

I have used OBS and Dxrory in the past, however as stated above it does take some resources and setting up. 

Regards, 

Avro

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently in this section, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for all your recommendations and opinions to the OP and for your participation in general.

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived