Hot topic #4: CB

Prime

I'd honestly have to say it's useless in a sense of how the Multiplayer works currently. With un-synced weather, there isn't any point in using it to ask what the weather is like up ahead. With the lack of people currently using the CB radio, no one uses it to inform other divers on the road of something happening ahead. Instead, the only thing I've ever heard the CB Radio used for is convoys or just trolling in general.

I'm not sure if there is a way we could better implement the CB radio, but right now it's only use would have to be for convoys that don't have something like Discord or TeamSpeak.

What is clear is that you do not have any empathy, I say it for those who bother you all, one hallucinates when reading that it is annoying to hear people speak in a language other than English, what bothers me is reading stupid things like that .

Lo que esta claro es que no tenéis nada de empatia, lo digo por los que os molesta todo,  uno alucina al leer que es molesto oír a gente hablar en otro idioma diferente al ingles, a mi lo que me molesta es leer estupideces como esa.

14 hours ago, Squirrels NutHouse said:

i cant even work it lol i know its x or v but nothing happens for me :lol:

You hold X and talk. On the bottom right of your screen near the navigation in F3, you should see a little megaphone icon when u hold X

REC BAN - Police Man Horizon

i do not have a mic, but i do usually have it on to hear what might be going on around me. however once in the area of people swinging their E penises or screaming like little children, etc... i do turn it off till i feel far enough away from those things to turn it back on, but i would not want to get rid of the CB altogether though.

mostly though i find the CB seems to get used with convoys as stated in a post somewhere above, but also seems to get a decent amount of use for those who like to sit and shoot the bull at service areas, rest stops and whatnot. many times it has bee nice to have another player let me know what they were doing when say passing for example. so nice to know when i can move back over without having to hawk eye the mirror in heavy traffic. as far as other languages i have no problem with them, but when you are trying to hear someone while at the same time others might be talking in between and on top of your replies does make for interesting conversations to follow regardless of what the language happens to be.. lol

the CB is a good idea, now only to get the players to really use it more like it was intended. 

When the multiplayer is very full, I usually use it on channel 13, because it's a lot of kids who abuse the CB and keep screaming that neither problematic people like nobody else is recording or something, it's a good choice but there's still a lot to be improved, I say more on the issue of punishment, because a lot of people see it as JOKE, how many want to use to play correctly, talk good, if you would shout and be problem people. :tmp:

A personalized voice channel would be fine so you can communicate with other drivers even if they are out of range.

It could be through a referral code that your partner enters the TruckersMP settings within the game and thus can communicate without being close to each other.

Discord is an alternative to this, but many players, including me, can not afford to use this program because it can lower some FPS and increase the ping on low-income computers.

• Upvote 1

I never use CB, there are so many people who don't have push-to-talk. It's annoying to hear kids screaming, people talking in different languages, background music... while im trying to drive through the traffic. This problem is biggest for me when im in the cities.

The radio is perfect like this, as soon as something changes, it will cease to be real, if what you want is a radio simulator inside a truck, this is perfect, if what you want is to hear your friends only the others we do not have to lose the radio in FORMA REAL like this now, if you want to use only one language I WOULD STOP if it were real, because if you tell me that being a real truck driver it would bother you to hear another truck driver even in a language that you do not understand YOU HAVE A GREAT attitude problem and above all zero tolerance.

La radio esta perfecta como esta, en cuanto cambien algo DEJARA de ser real, si lo que queréis es un simulador de radio dentro de un camión esta perfecto, si lo que quieres es oír a tus amigos únicamente los demás no tenemos por que perder la radio en FORMA REAL como esta ahora, si quieres usar un solo idioma DEJARÍA de ser real, por que si me dices que siendo un camionero de verdad te molestaría oír a otro camionero aunque sea en un idioma que no entiendes TIENES UN GRAN PROBLEMA de actitud y sobre todo tolerancia cero.

2 hours ago, Fair Driver said:

The radio is perfect like this, as soon as something changes, it will cease to be real, if what you want is a radio simulator inside a truck, this is perfect, if what you want is to hear your friends only the others we do not have to lose the radio in FORMA REAL like this now, if you want to use only one language I WOULD STOP if it were real, because if you tell me that being a real truck driver it would bother you to hear another truck driver even in a language that you do not understand YOU HAVE A GREAT attitude problem and above all zero tolerance.

La radio esta perfecta como esta, en cuanto cambien algo DEJARA de ser real, si lo que queréis es un simulador de radio dentro de un camión esta perfecto, si lo que quieres es oír a tus amigos únicamente los demás no tenemos por que perder la radio en FORMA REAL como esta ahora, si quieres usar un solo idioma DEJARÍA de ser real, por que si me dices que siendo un camionero de verdad te molestaría oír a otro camionero aunque sea en un idioma que no entiendes TIENES UN GRAN PROBLEMA de actitud y sobre todo tolerancia cero.

The abuse that is clearly seen in the CB radio within this game, has nothing to do with the real CB radio in reality or the systems used by real truck drivers. 

It is not the fact that other languages are spoken, it is the way that the CB radio is used and accentuated by that.

The default channel is used to have lengthy irrelevant discussions, insult, scream, shout, play music (and many other things!) in all languages you can think of. You can not pretend it does not bother you to listen to that!

If the CB radio was used accordingly and by civilized and cordial people it would be even pleasant to hear different languages. But as it is (in game), it is totally useless to listen or communicate inbetween the childish behaviour that we see, accentuated by the mixed languages.

I want the CB radio as it is a good tool, but as it is now it can be annoying sometimes. People just need to behave regarding the CB radio, and use the different channels accordingly.

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

3 hours ago, Landark said:

Or rules introduced to enforce that isn't it? ;) 

There are rules about the use of the CB radio and most people in EU#2 clearly don't give a **** about them. I drive in EU#1, there are very few people there, but when I hear something on the CB radio, I may not understand a single word, but I can "feel" that it's just a normal conversation between players, no screams, no insults, no music. I guess that EU#1 server is actually used mostly by serious, mature, polite players. This is proof that it's not about the rules, which are the same for all servers, but about the people.