Hot topic #4: CB

Prime

17 minutes ago, Prime said:

People are posted on your tab list in order of spawning @Glada_Laxen.

EG: your friends that you've been driving with for a while will appear on top while others you encounter on your way will be listed lower in order of spawning around you.

Sure, I was more referring to an alphabetic or numeric order so you can actually browse the list. I should've written that there's absolutely no way of navigating through the list of nearby players when it exceeds a certain amount, instead of there being no order at all. 

But, at the same time I see it being an issue if players that exit the range of nearby players appearing on your list having names fly up and down all the time. There is currently a suggestion for /mute <ID> that would be super helpful. 

SHeDTix.png

Honestly? When i've played i have rarely used the CB channels as that normally results in a bunch of little kids screaming down the microphone, or a bunch of people speaking at the same time in loads of different languages, and it sounding like someone being killed.

An idea could be if you are with a group of players and they know how to change CB channel, change to a CB channel and use that to communicate. Although there will be people who will go round trolling in all of the channels changing them, so beware of that.

An alternative, or an off game idea, is using something like https://discordapp.com/ or https://www.teamspeak.com/en/ allows you to communicate a lot more effieciently, doesn't have people coming and bugging you and allows you to chose what happens. 

So if it were my option, i'd buy a TS sever, or make a Discord server and use the voice services there.

Sorry TMP!

I really still think, also after reading all those things, that it shouldn't go. I just think now that it should give 1 global CB-Channel, but not the default one. I also think it should have more range. Like about 5 kilometers or so. Feel free to cantact me for any further questions.

Yours Sincerely Rapido

If you found this post useful, please vote! Thank you. :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

46 minutes ago, [ST-I] Flying Cat said:

I just think now that it should give 1 global CB-Channel

46 minutes ago, [ST-I] Flying Cat said:

I also think it should have more range. Like about 5 kilometers or so

Global CB channel would become useless soon enough. Same thing applies for longer range CB. Right now, CB is just lots of noise in certain areas, global CB channel would be lots of noise everywhere. And a 5 Km range CB would just make lots of players to switch it off sooner than now because it would become cacophony from further away of the well-known "Kids screaming and idiots playing music" areas.

• True Story 1

Well, the CB radio has all the features a CB radio would realistically need, the problem is the community using it. i.e. it's mostly used for yelling insults, or useless/immature spam, people speaking in foreign languages and whatnot. I at least had the perception that the actual purpose(s) of CB radios were to relay information and to occasionally combat loneliness. But honestly, the only thing you could do from a designer standpoint would be creating a software that accurately translates any audio feed to 'trucker lingo', and I guess that's a little bit too advanced, for now.

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Global CB channel would become useless soon enough. Same thing applies for longer range CB. Right now, CB is just lots of noise in certain areas, global CB channel would be lots of noise everywhere. And a 5 Km range CB would just make lots of players to switch it off sooner than now because it would become cacophony from further away of the well-known "Kids screaming and idiots playing music" areas.

That are some good points. But somethimes I just think that it's annoying if a friend get's out of range. If they would add also more Channels, then it wouldn't be any problem I think. I'm in a hurry right now but feel free to contact me for further informations. Thank you for your comment!

Yours Sincerely Rapido

If you found this post useful, please vote! Thank you.  :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Hey prime, 

Thanks for this topic, 

I use the CB personally on channel 10, there is no one on this channel ;) 

I don't use default channel because there is too many kids screaming or telling their religions without demonstrating.

I think you could increase the numbers of channel on the aim to give teams more speaking possibilities ;)

Best regards all,

Be carefull on the road 

RideSafe & Enjoy !

• Web Developer

I mostly keep my CB Radio off

There are several reasons. One is, While driving I'm mostly listen to youtube or something else. CB-sounds just disturbs the things i got running in the background.

Second reason is the quality of most users's microphones. I understand, someone just don't want to spend much money to buy some expensive microphone, just for in-game communication. But anyway, in my opinion every user should check his microphone's quality and try to maxing it out. 

Third reason are weird sounds. Screaming, Yelling, Insulting and MORE other weird things...

Fourth reason is language. CB Radio is for everyone. Since TruckersMP became an International Mod, everyone should use international language - English. Unfortunately most of the conversations are in other languages, not understandable for everyone. I know, many people can't speak english..but just do some small mistake and hear / read on the chat, how they can clearly speak/write some words...

Kind Regards :) 

Let's see, the radio is very useful, what is not normal is that it is used to put your music like an idiot and that others are upset because that is stupid and another thing is to hit screams and others, another stupid thing .

If it is used as a real station it is very useful: for example: I often say on the radio to the truck that wants to pass me that I have seen it and that it passes without problems, or warn of any car stopped on the road, or just say hello to a truck with which you cross.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A ver, la radio es muy útil, lo que no es normal es que se use para poner tu música como un idiota y que los demás se molesten por que eso es de estúpidos y otra cosa es pegar gritos y demás, otra cosa de estúpidos.

Si se usa como una emisora real es muy útil: por ejemplo: yo muchas veces digo por la radio al camión que me quiere pasar que le he visto y que pase sin problemas, o avisar de cualquier coche parado en la carretera, o simplemente saludar a un camión con en que te cruzas.