Hot topic #4: CB

Prime

I tend to keep the CB off unless I need to use it. Mostly I will use discord as your not effected by music, screamers and people who don't know how to adjust settings.
There would be many improvements that could be introduced with the CB. Here are some ideas.

• Private communication -  a feature where two people are able to privately talk to eachother in a closed session. 
  • Group communication - a feature where a group of upto 10 people can use a simultaneous private chat.
  • Auto kick timer - An auto kick for people who transmit for longer than a certain time. Generally people who keep an open mic play music down the microphone.
  • Auto kick volume - An auto kick for people who are very loud when transmitting. 
  • Upvote 6

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

Auto Profanity Blocker - System detects Swearing & Insults which causes them to be briefly muted or a mellow beep to block out the profanity, if they continue to swear it mutes them for a period of time while flagging them on the admin system! Rockstar has it for the in game chat via the mobile phone, it simply tells you its profanity & blocks it 

6 hours ago, [VIVA] Sanguinem Luna said:

Whenever I actually do play TMP (Once or twice a year, if that, even), I never use the CB. Even if I have the CB volume turned down to basically zero, I still get my ears blasted out by kids with their mic so far down their damned throats, you'd think you're back in the mid to late 2000's playing Call of Duty MP with how they're screaming at each other and basically blowing their mics. And the odd occasion you get someone playing and/or blasting music through their mics. Or you roll up to and/or past an "accident" where either A: Trolls are faking an "accident" to hold up traffic (Perfect example here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222008791). B: A troll decided to drive the wrong way, ram, block, etc and the troll and driver are screaming at each other, cussing up a storm. Or C: Someone made an honest mistake and despite the driver at fault apologizing profusely, the "victim" has zero patience or control of their temper and screams and cusses out someone who made an honest mistake.

I could go on and on, listing the reasons why I don't use the CB and use a different channel other than the default 19 or a different VOIP service, but I won't. You get the point by now. Also. Discord. So much better. I only play with one other person whenever I do play TMP, so we just start a private call in Discord and turn our CBs off since there's never anything useful being said and almost no one is using it properly. There a few rare exceptions, but they're few and far between.

If you don't want to hear anyone, even if volume is zero (I also have that glitch with volume 0% and still hearing people sometimes), you can press TAB and click with your mouse on the CB radio, there is a button on it that turns it off :D That took me 3 months to figure out but no problem anymore, the thing is you have to save your game with it turned off or you have to do it all over again.)

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

To many kids destroy the purpose of CB. Volume difference murder my headset and ears and honestly.. cheap bastards can get discord for free and the rest uses quality teamspeak or mumble. Useless feature and wasted time but we're used to that. Cars in a trucking simulation kinda sums it up. Recently done a survey yet you're asking here. Hopeless...

Anyway its useless. Just like chat as people chat while driving leading to more drama. No communication is the solution.

"We're on the world to help each other. Atleast that is what I believe." - The Fabby

https://vtlog.net - Independed logger by truckers like yourself.

I think the guys who use the CB could use it in a more responsible way, mine I have to turn off or change channels always then, the guys just have to use with a more due form !!

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

I thik its cool) I agree, too many players make a "shit" in CB-radio, but it a the main one of many ways to get friends, get the information directly (sometimes even from the admins) from the players, how to deal with this or that problem! I think so... = ) 

I personally rarely use cb, but I can give some tips:

• Go to a quiet area with a couple of friends to set up your sound levels (mic output and incoming voice)
  • To quickly switch channels use command "/channel [number]" (0 to disable cb)

Unfortunately many players abuse it in busy areas, but that's the reality of the internet these days. Outside the busye areas you can have some fun times with it.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

17 hours ago, RileyNeko said:

If you don't want to hear anyone, even if volume is zero (I also have that glitch with volume 0% and still hearing people sometimes), you can press TAB and click with your mouse on the CB radio, there is a button on it that turns it off :D That took me 3 months to figure out but no problem anymore, the thing is you have to save your game with it turned off or you have to do it all over again.)

I know how to turn it off. And I don't turn the volume to zero. I turn it almost to zero, because a lot of people don't know how to adjust settings or keep the mic out of their mouths. Sometimes I will leave it on though, for some reason, that I can never explain to myself. And then I always regret leaving it on as soon as I encounter one of the many things I mentioned... BUT! I hardly play TMP anyways, so the CB honestly doesn't matter much to me at all.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:53 PM, Prime said:

A long time ago we introduced the ability to communicate to players in you neigbourhood via CB using different channels.

Do you often use it or do you prefer other tools to communicate? Do you think things could be improved?

Discuss it all in this Hot Topic!

I really like the CB, for convoys we often change channels to be alone. I really like this feature, also for the realism. I pretty much have it allways on, when someone is insulting others, screaming or playing music i can easily make a videoreport and the whole thing is done. I think its very good made like this. The only thing that would be nice if it would change, is if it would a bit sound like your really using those truck-radios. So like that it's crunching a little bit. Otherwhise it's very nice, please leave it in and don't change it. If people don't like, they can allways turn it off :D Thank you for asking the Community. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely Rapido

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Not to say the same thing repeated, I approve the ideas put forward by @DJ Jefferz except the automatic kicking volume, I think the volume depends on how close the person speaks in the microphone, maybe if he speaks aloud away from the microphone, can be that you hear the normal sound without being annoying.
There may be an improvement in the option to set the volume reception.:)

• Like 1

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

I never connect to channel 19, or I got it off completely. There is no proper way to moderate what comes through the radio. There is also nothing that prevents people from being too loud. 

When in busy areas, it is also very, VERY, difficult to mute the player as there is absolutely no order in how people appear on your TAB/player list. 

So, to solve this, you simply got it off completely. Sadly. 

SHeDTix.png