Hot topic #4: CB

Prime

Sadly most people are abusing the cb radio and use it for useless stuff, but I do like the CB radio feature.

What should be done to improve cb radio?

1) Better moderation, moderators should have the ability to mute players in CB radio.
2) Less players that insult other players on CB radio.

3) Official channel list + user created channels that should be used more.

e.g. 9 for english chat, 4 for german chat... 

VTC's should also have the possibility to use it in convoys (custom channels, probably already possible but not used often)

So the main communication I currently use is Discord, since I can talk with friends and VTC's that way without having spam from other people and better sound quality sometimes (less lag)

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

19 minutes ago, RileyNeko said:

Sadly most people are abusing the cb radio and use it for useless stuff, but I do like the CB radio feature.

What should be done to improve cb radio?

1) Better moderation, moderators should have the ability to mute players in CB radio.
2) Less players that insult other players on CB radio.

3) Official channel list + user created channels that should be used more.

e.g. 9 for english chat, 4 for german chat... 

VTC's should also have the possibility to use it in convoys (custom channels, probably already possible but not used often)

So the main communication I currently use is Discord, since I can talk with friends and VTC's that way without having spam from other people and better sound quality sometimes (less lag)

I agree with you. 

CB is abused on a daily basis by either playing music or shouting abuse over the mic. Giving Modertors the tool to mute players via CB would be great. 

My CB is off, mainly due to the fact of players screaming down the mic. I usually stick to Discord to communicate. 

• Upvote 1

Ah the CB is a nice feature. I'm talk with my vtc normally over discord. Two weeks ago we had a convoy with talking only over CB. That's really cool. On Channel 9 are so many german drivers. There comes often a "everything free on your side" or "have a good ride" back. Thats much more fun. I like the idea. But you should  never stay in channel 19 :D

To much spam from Turkish music and talking on CB radio tbh.

How to fix it. More frequencies.  preferably with  . go get more unique numbers.  for example unit in arma we use 3-4 frequencies for the clan. and team radios are split to for example  15.5   15.6 15.7 and than helicopters have their own radio 19.5 etc etc. To little channels atm. So if you add more frequencies for example 100.0-600.0 there is a lot of radio space for everybody to use. and get of the default one that is being spammed. 

I tend to have my CB on licence plate on the truck. And i had a guy switching once to the CB and talk to me. And we had good fun  and drive.

The CB System is well made & helps players whether it's for the wrong or right thing, it is a good communication system regardless it's use of being done by a "Player." it is helpful to "players" & "staff."

Well, I think if you invent private channels the cb would fail it's sense. You can use discord or whatever you want to do private communication with your friends. I use CB9 as a german channel by default. In this way some times I catch up some people talking and join them if I want to. I think in this game it is the real sense of it and that's how I get it.

I only got some issues with the functionality. It sometimes doesn't get my mic right or I am much to quiet for the people to understand me. So sometimes I could not even use it :(

It's useless to be honest.

I've yet to send or receive any important message or conversation with the in-game CB. Unless you're using CB for convoy, nobody really uses CB for anything useful other than screaming, complaining or blasting music, at least on the default channel.

Not to mention not everybody speaks English. So even if you want to, you can't talk to many players roaming across the street.

Also, I've yet to hear any mod or admin ever use CB. Everyone just prefers text chat (even though it's difficult to text and drive).

On 9/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, grundi2601 said:

My CB is off or on Channel 4 because there're the most germans

The germans are on channel 9 like reality! I don't know who said that it's channel 4, these are just unaware of reality.

(Die Deutschen sind auf Kanal 9 wie in der Realität [vgl. auch Wikipedia]. Keine Ahnung wer dir von Kanal 4 erzählte, das sind nur realitätsfremde Ahnungslose.)

• Like 1

Very rare I Use PX because a lot of people are talking at the same time and screaming!

I always leave off except on Saturdays and Trains!

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

23 minutes ago, Woerki (GER) said:

The germans are on channel 9 like reality! I don't know who said that it's channel 4, these are just unaware of reality.

(Die Deutschen sind auf Kanal 9 wie in der Realität [vgl. auch Wikipedia]. Keine Ahnung wer dir von Kanal 4 erzählte, das sind nur realitätsfremde Ahnungslose.)

I know this, I am watching "Fahrnuenftig Sascha" on YouTube. But thank you for this information :D I am always on CB channel 4 while driving with my friends and we're maybe listening to Germans. CB channel 19 is a huge mix between lot of languages :lol:

(Jo das weiß ich aus den Videos von Fahrnuenftig Sascha :D

aber Danke für den Hinweis, du hast natürlich recht. Ich bin nur mit meinem Kollegen immer auf Funk 4 und da hört man ab und zu auch mal deutsche, im Gegensatz zu Funk 19. Da hört man alles auf einmal :lol:)

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

I use my CB from time to time, and I have to mute it a lot due to people abusing it. I prefer using Teamspeak or Discord to talk to other drivers. And if I'm talking in-game I prioritize the text chat since the CB can be very unclear from time to time.

Improvement wise.

I think that the CB should be restricted to 1 language but that might be hard to enforce.

And I think the voice quality has to go up a bit, and the microphone volume setting doesn't do much. People tell me I'm very quiet in-game but on both Teamspeak and Discord I'm just fine.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Whenever I actually do play TMP (Once or twice a year, if that, even), I never use the CB. Even if I have the CB volume turned down to basically zero, I still get my ears blasted out by kids with their mic so far down their damned throats, you'd think you're back in the mid to late 2000's playing Call of Duty MP with how they're screaming at each other and basically blowing their mics. And the odd occasion you get someone playing and/or blasting music through their mics. Or you roll up to and/or past an "accident" where either A: Trolls are faking an "accident" to hold up traffic (Perfect example here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222008791). B: A troll decided to drive the wrong way, ram, block, etc and the troll and driver are screaming at each other, cussing up a storm. Or C: Someone made an honest mistake and despite the driver at fault apologizing profusely, the "victim" has zero patience or control of their temper and screams and cusses out someone who made an honest mistake.

I could go on and on, listing the reasons why I don't use the CB and use a different channel other than the default 19 or a different VOIP service, but I won't. You get the point by now. Also. Discord. So much better. I only play with one other person whenever I do play TMP, so we just start a private call in Discord and turn our CBs off since there's never anything useful being said and almost no one is using it properly. There a few rare exceptions, but they're few and far between.