NEW TRUCK READY ?

*Maverick*

SCS mentioned in their stream that Renault Trucks is owned by Volvo & the Renault badge is also tied up with Renault Cars, so they have to get permission from Volvo & Renault Cars! Basically the Range T shares the chassis, engines & transmission with the Volvo FH. I can see the FH in the Range T, look at the skirts where they meet the cab & the wheel arch design, also the grill...all that is identical to the FH! The engines are Volvo's D13, ( i say FH because that's what Volvo call the trucks that are not 16 litres, they used to be called FH12 but dropped the 12 when the " Classic " model came out which is why they only say FH or FH16 now )

Renault Range T was approved by Renault's technical department over a year ago. The legal side is complicated, as Renault Trucks is owned by Volvo Trucks and the logo is owned by both Renault Trucks and Renault Cars - two different companies, meaning there are three legal teams in this process.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived