What do you do when you see a crash?

[VIVA] ExDe707

Behavior poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you see a sudden accident infront of you?

• Dodge to the left
    • Dodge to the right
    • Brake as hard as you can and keeping in lane
    • Other

Imagine you are on Calais-Duisburg road driving behind a truck when suddenly you see a crash infront of you. The truck infront of you stops suddenly and now you need to protect your precious cargo.

What do you do in this instance? Do you dodge to left? Do you dodge to the right? Maybe you slam hard on the brakes and hold your steering wheel like your driving school taught you?

It really depends on circumstances. Step 1 is to always brake and hold your line. After that, you hopefully will be at the needed speed to make a calculated maneuver around the crash, if needed.  Basically I use racing logic for it. I only switch lanes if it is necessary. Sometimes I'll use the grass if there is no obstructions there. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

If the crash happens on one lane, i will overtake if there isn't traffic on the other lane.

If the crash takes up all lanes i will brake as hard as i can and if possible swerve to the shoulder

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

ill vote other...Why ?...

It is YOUR fault if you do not have enough spacing betwen you and the person infront... no matter the situation.. you are the responsible when driving ( real life included ).. if you arent able to drive safely or properly then expect to get reported... even if you get '' break check '' in the face... it will be your fault to be to close of my trailer or the back of my truck.. and it will be the same thing for me and the person infront of me.....

overtaking in some situation could lead to reckless driving and dangerous driving. ( ban offence )

'' forgotten that I mentioned Calais-Duisburg '' .. i was referring to C-D too ...

26 minutes ago, [VIVA] Kehox said:

ill vote other...Why ?...

It is YOUR fault if you do not have enough spacing betwen you and the person infront... no matter the situation.. you are the responsible when driving ( real life included ).. if you arent able to drive safely or properly then expect to get reported... even if you get '' break check '' in the face... it will be your fault to be to close of my trailer or the back of my truck.. and it will be the same thing for me and the person infront of me.....

overtaking in some situation could lead to reckless driving and dangerous driving. ( ban offence )

That is unneccessarily blunt. You can not get banned for ending up in the rear of a driver who just crashed or lagged out causing their truck to halt immedietally. Why the sudden blame on people who can't avoid the situation? Do you expect every driver in real life to be able to stop on the highway when they see an accident happening in their lane? You can't, it's unreasonable. If an accident happens, you have to expect collateral damage.

You also seem to have forgotten that I mentioned Calais-Duisburg. People pay little to no attention to realism there, so are you going to blame every single driver that goes there? Just drop it man. ETS2 is a game after all, there is no reason to get upset over people who can't avoid being struck by someone who just crashed.

If the vehicle is blocking my path I try to slow down with reasonable breaking to make sure no vehicles behind crash as well (if the situation allows for it) and give the crashed vehicle space to correct themselves and get back on the road.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Depends on the situation really

• If there's enough distance (and reaction time), i'll brake so that i don't cause any unneeded damage. Hopefully, those behind do the same.
  • If the end of the accident has the vehicle(s) towards the center, i'll try to pass on the right so that i'm not blocking.
  • If i cannot pass, i either have to wait for the player to F7 or get taken care of by an Admin.

the worst of all is that Europe 2 Calais-Duisburg is a little impossible you pass this route without taking damage if you want !!

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Just now, Fricorico(NL) said:

eu não entendo essa linguagem

I'm sorry, I wrote a wrong language and it's different from the topic I'm sorry !!

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Archived